Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2010, 09:42 AM   #31
mommaof3

Formerly: Creatively Ewe~ DO NOT FSOT~ ADMIN

My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPetiteKrottCreations View Post
Ok, so I frogged the romper I was working on because I was using cascade lime coloured wool for the trim, and it was not quite matching...so I dyed some to match...

This is what I need buttons for April!! The colorway is called Lagoon...any ideas for buttons?? I will need 4

Matches great!! I would think about fish or froggies for buttons!

Advertisement

Cristi, Creatively Ewe - Stocking at Bitty Fluff and on my HC Creator of the Norway Romper, Belle Romper, Jack and Jill Sweaters!
mommaof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:45 AM   #32
JessieV
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomgoat View Post
I think the yarn looks great. But little brown at the color switches never bothers me. I like brown.

As for me, I'm working on the SH for the KAL and reknitting a pair of longies I received as a tester. The legs were an inch uneven and the crotch was not kitchener grafted (just strung on a single yarn), the first set of short rows was on the front, and there were knots all over. I love the yarn, tho, so frog frog frog! I'll be happy with them once they're done. :goodvibes:

I'm in a pickle on the SH, tho. I've finished to the bottom of the body and find that while it fits my 18 mos old nicely, it also fits my 3.5 yo! Who gets the sweater?! ARGH! Probably the little one as it's a scrappy sweater and I want to make sure I have enough yarn for it.

ETA: the baby still as a fever and my MIL arrives today for a week's stay. We're suposed to be doing a last minute clean as a family but DH is still in bed.
Oh my gosh! That's crazy, i mean really crazy! Doesn't everyone kitchener the crotch? Pretty much every pattern I've seen calls for that. And short rows in the front? lol.

My knit gallery My Ravelry
JessieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:46 AM   #33
~EweNeedColor~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

~EweNeedColor~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:47 AM   #34
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylifew3 View Post
Ok Here's a pic:

The funny color is bairly picked up by the camera. It is where the orange meets the purple.
What do you guys think?
Quote:
Thanks ladies,

Here's the whole thing wet on the table:

It's the colorway from the hollis from valerie but without the natural. The colors are a bit deeper per request.
And this one is FO:

And just for fun, I just won this:
http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=79910&vid=2213
It will be perfect for christmas. I guess we are doing wine colors this year, lol. Maybe I'll get a rhs done for Mae. lolololololol
Beautiful!! and i love the sweater! I Love wine colors!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomgoat View Post
I think the yarn looks great. But little brown at the color switches never bothers me. I like brown.

As for me, I'm working on the SH for the KAL and reknitting a pair of longies I received as a tester. The legs were an inch uneven and the crotch was not kitchener grafted (just strung on a single yarn), the first set of short rows was on the front, and there were knots all over. I love the yarn, tho, so frog frog frog! I'll be happy with them once they're done.

I'm in a pickle on the SH, tho. I've finished to the bottom of the body and find that while it fits my 18 mos old nicely, it also fits my 3.5 yo! Who gets the sweater?! ARGH! Probably the little one as it's a scrappy sweater and I want to make sure I have enough yarn for it.

ETA: the baby still as a fever and my MIL arrives today for a week's stay. We're suposed to be doing a last minute clean as a family but DH is still in bed.
Thats bad.. why would someone be testing that?
Quote:
Ok, so I frogged the romper I was working on because I was using cascade lime coloured wool for the trim, and it was not quite matching...so I dyed some to match...

This is what I need buttons for April!! The colorway is called Lagoon...any ideas for buttons?? I will need 4

matches great!!!

Good Morning! I stayed up late talking to an old friend from HighSchool. Ihope I didnt piss DH off. I am SOOOOOOOO tired. This weekend wore me out! I need to finish these longies today. Only like 30 more rows.. If i actually get a chance to sit and knit.. I shoudl be able to get them done in about an hour.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #35
luvmykiddoes
COOP HOSTESS
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Morning ladies and Tim...

I'm working on the budget. My nieces and nephews may be coming to live with us for the year. We will see what happens. If they do, that will be 8 kids for us. My thoughts are very preoccupied with the prospect at the moment. We need to buy 2 beds if this happens. I may go check out costco.

luvmykiddoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:53 AM   #36
JessieV
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykiddoes View Post
Morning ladies and Tim...

I'm working on the budget. My nieces and nephews may be coming to live with us for the year. We will see what happens. If they do, that will be 8 kids for us. My thoughts are very preoccupied with the prospect at the moment. We need to buy 2 beds if this happens. I may go check out costco.
Have you posted a want ad on freecycle? I'd try there first, you never know, someone might have some to give away!

My knit gallery My Ravelry
JessieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:02 AM   #37
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Sarah... What a nightmare. Happy birthday, I hope you get to celebrate another time this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersMomma View Post
Angela if you get on here- what is this base like?
http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.ph...429&vid=200001
Sounds like purewool to me?

Quote:
Ok Here's a pic:

The funny color is bairly picked up by the camera. It is where the orange meets the purple.
What do you guys think?
I think it's pretty and I wouldn't have noticed it right away had you not mentioned it. It will probably be fairly inconspicuous once it's knit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shel*bel View Post
It is purewool Emily...

Sarah! I didn't read yesterday's post but I saw it quoted in today's. Sorry you had a bad weekend... but

So I got some decent work in on the tester sweater for Ayden:

I am about to start the hem but want to try it on my little guy first.

I also got a bit of dyeing done over the weekend. Mostly trims, but I'll take pics today when the last of it is dry.
Love that sweater, what's the name of the pattern and what sized range does it run?

Quote:

I like those colors, they remind me of the Baby Nay puppies print. Is it for a boy or girl?

I'm to the arms/big portiion of my shortalls Will get a pic when I'm not NAK.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:10 AM   #38
LaPetiteKrottCreations
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
I like those colors, they remind me of the Baby Nay puppies print. Is it for a boy or girl?
It is a NB custom...not sure if the mama knows the sex, but she wants gn/boy...
I think these would match awesome, but TA has not returned my convo...to see if she could switch the heart/flowers to just plain solid coloured buttons...I am sure she is busy...

So I am hoping April will be able to help me out!!

I've been RAVED!
LaPetiteKrottCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #39
luvmykiddoes
COOP HOSTESS
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieV View Post
Have you posted a want ad on freecycle? I'd try there first, you never know, someone might have some to give away!
That's a great idea. I'm gonna go look now.
Thanks!

luvmykiddoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #40
shel*bel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
Love that sweater, what's the name of the pattern and what sized range does it run?
It has sizes from 6mos to 8 years. I don't think she has a pattern page up on rav yet, but here is my project page:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Bear...r-ayden-tester
I'll update it with the pattern name when I get it from the writer.

Quote:
It is a NB custom...not sure if the mama knows the sex, but she wants gn/boy...
I think these would match awesome, but TA has not returned my convo...to see if she could switch the heart/flowers to just plain solid coloured buttons...I am sure she is busy...

So I am hoping April will be able to help me out!!
Those are really cute and look like they'll match well!