Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2010, 07:06 PM   #11
JoeysMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Garnet Gab ~August~ Monthly Chat

Bess -- Emma sits up, but I can't leave her alone. If she sees something left or right, she falls.

I'm really excited for the holidays also! I can't wait to do all of Emma's "firsts."

No AF here yet.
I got it back when Joey was 8 months, so I'm not sure if she will be here soon.... I hope not!

Hugs Kristie.

Advertisement

Old 08-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #12
JoeysMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Question for everyone.

If you plan to give your baby yogurt, and meat, when are you going to start?
I have read everything from 6 months to 8-9 months as start times.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:13 PM   #13
NewYearsBaby
Registered Users
seller

Location: Where you can see the coasters over the trees, Florida
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeysMomma View Post
Question for everyone.

If you plan to give your baby yogurt, and meat, when are you going to start?
I have read everything from 6 months to 8-9 months as start times.
We won't be doing yogurt for a while because of the dairy allergy, but Bryce has already had some meat. Only chicken so far, a nice piece (BLW style), and he tore it up

0****5****10********20****25****30****35** **40

NewYearsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #14
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bess - Emma can sit up.. but she can't get into that position on her own, or get out of it on her own. She just falls down when she wants out.

Kristie - Do you think the issue is solely between DH and you.. or could being post pardum have anything to do with it? When DS was born, DH and I went through a rough patch for several months. Like Steve and you, we were only together a few months before conceiving, so we hadn't established a very strong bond prior to having a child. It took its toll for a while, but once parenting became a lot easier (DS sleeping through the night, AF returning and my libido returning as well, etc) we took things in stride and everything just became easier and less stressful between us.

Angela - I haven't done yogurt yet, but E has already had lots of meat from my plate. Chicken, steak, ground beef..

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #15
NewYearsBaby
Registered Users
seller

Location: Where you can see the coasters over the trees, Florida
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by THBVsMama View Post
Kristie - Do you think the issue is solely between DH and you.. or could being post pardum have anything to do with it? When DS was born, DH and I went through a rough patch for several months. Like Steve and you, we were only together a few months before conceiving, so we hadn't established a very strong bond prior to having a child. It took its toll for a while, but once parenting became a lot easier (DS sleeping through the night, AF returning and my libido returning as well, etc) we took things in stride and everything just became easier and less stressful between us.
Honestly it may be a combo of both. I have depression, and between being PG and BFing i haven't been taking medication for it so i'm sure that doesn't help. But I just feel like we have fallen out of love, we are like in two separate worlds the little time we do spend together. He (ever since I was PG... I think I prob mentioned it) has like zero libido, which with all the bodily changes of the last year and a half, kinda makes me feel like crap. We never really go anywhere or do anything. We fight way more often than is entirely pleasant, and it really wears on both of us. I've asked myself way more times than i'd like to count "what are we even doing here?" . Those things combined with the fact I've spent most of bryce's life feeling like a single parent... kinda makes ya think. Him not being around doesn't appear that its going to change anytime soon either.

0****5****10********20****25****30****35** **40

NewYearsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:50 PM   #16
bessaroni
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYearsBaby View Post
Honestly it may be a combo of both. I have depression, and between being PG and BFing i haven't been taking medication for it so i'm sure that doesn't help. But I just feel like we have fallen out of love, we are like in two separate worlds the little time we do spend together. He (ever since I was PG... I think I prob mentioned it) has like zero libido, which with all the bodily changes of the last year and a half, kinda makes me feel like crap. We never really go anywhere or do anything. We fight way more often than is entirely pleasant, and it really wears on both of us. I've asked myself way more times than i'd like to count "what are we even doing here?" . Those things combined with the fact I've spent most of bryce's life feeling like a single parent... kinda makes ya think. Him not being around doesn't appear that its going to change anytime soon either.
Kristie. Sorry you are going through such a rough time. I would give it some time. I wouldn't decide to call it quits until things settle down with Bryce and you are feeling more your like yourself. Adding a baby to the family is such a difficult transition. Hang in there.
Need cute wall decals? Mention DiaperSwappers and get 15% off at WillowCreekSigns.
bessaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:55 PM   #17
viersmommy
Registered Users
seller

Kristie, so sorry you are having such a rough time. I agree with the others in that a LOT of the issues may be stemming from the ups and downs of pregnancy, birth, and hormones. Try to give it some time and ride it out until things with B settle down a bit. Make sure he knows how you feel about him not showing and interest in DTD, that it isn't all about the s3x, but feeling attractive and wanted and closeness with each other, too.

DH and I seem to always hit a really rough spot right during the end of pg, birth, and those first several months I'm nursing (about a year +/- span of time each time...since we've only been married 5 years and have 3 kids you can do the math). It seems to slowly get better when the baby semi-consistantly STTN as we make more time for one another then

DH has struggled with depression for a long time, he finally agreed to see a therapist and get some medical issues looked at. Depression meds didn't help him after I had DS2. They just made him walk around in a fog, but no happier. We've figured out he has some vitamin deficiencies and a few medical things we are working with. That combined with therapy several times a month (started out several times a week) has done wonders for him and us.

That said. I've been really struggling with my emotions the last few months. That's really new to me. I've always had "down" periods PP but never anything serious that talking about or a few quiet minutes alone didn't fix. and never felt completely out of control like lately. AF returning as A LOT to do with it. DH and I are getting better about discussing things as they happen instead of bottling and blowing up down the road.

fighting breast cancer since 8/2010- recently found out it has metastasized to lungs, spine, ribs, femurs, hips, liver and brain
viersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:02 PM   #18
viersmommy
Registered Users
seller

hey ladies. 2 questions for you

1 To get a Sophie or not?
I have roughly $24 and some change in FG credits left. Some inserts I ordered were backordered and now they aren't carrying them so I have some credits left. Do you think Sohpie is worth the $$ for a teether??? I'm not finding a ton on the site that I "need" otherwise

2do any of you use a diva cup or something similar?
I'm really wanting to switch to something besides disposable. I've been told it can help with cramping, lighter periods, etc.

*TMI ALERT* I've always had a really heavy flow, but it has seemed to get worse with each pregnancy. Even if I use a super absorbant tampon, I still have to wear a pad because the flow is so heavy/fast a tampon can't absorb fast enough. I have so many clots a pad can't handle either, they just sit on top of the pad, so I always feel like I'm sitting in a puddle It has been so bad these first 2 PP AF it feels like my PP bleeding again

fighting breast cancer since 8/2010- recently found out it has metastasized to lungs, spine, ribs, femurs, hips, liver and brain
viersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:17 AM   #19
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Luke's still on no food except his Neocate. His stomach is still really bad. It looks like our ins may help pick up the bill since it's a medical food & not a regular infant formula. We receive WIC but they only give 11 cans a month & he's just started eating more than that. To buy a case of 4 cans is $160!

He just figured out how to pull himself up to stand! Now he's pulling up on everything. He hasn't figured out getting down so he kind of flops over. He'll then sit down (he can get himself in a sitting position) & will clap for himself. Just makes me nervous since he has a lot of bumps these days.

Kristie, my thoughts go out to you. DH & I had an especially bad arguement last week that ended with me saying, agree to counseling or pack your bags. I meant it. I'm at the end of my rope. If we didn't have Luke, I'd have packed his stuff for him that night. We have had a lot going on here with everyone's health problems but I've had enough of his crap. I'm sorry you're dealing with DH garbage, too.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:12 AM   #20
JoeysMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Melissa -- we love our Sophie. Emma got one in her Easter basket. It's an ugly toy, and I didn't understand the craze about it. But, she really does love the thing. It's ont of her favorite toys, especially for the carseat.
I've seen people searching for them here, so I'd guess if he doesn't like it, you could probablys sell it.

Ok, so tell me about giving baby meat.
I made Joey purees when he was a baby; mixed it with cereal or veggies.
But, I've been thinking, next month I might start doing more finger type foods with Emma.
Do you feed them tiny pieces with your hands?
How does the large pieces (BLW style work)

I'm also nervous to give her meat or yogurt since she has a sensitive stomach.