Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-03-2010, 07:15 AM   #21
JoeysMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Garnet Gab ~August~ Monthly Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessaroni View Post
Kristie. Sorry you are going through such a rough time. I would give it some time. I wouldn't decide to call it quits until things settle down with Bryce and you are feeling more your like yourself. Adding a baby to the family is such a difficult transition. Hang in there.
I agree (although only you Krisite can make that choice).
Anthony and I often say such rotten things to each other in the middle of the night when we are up with Emma.
Thank god we both forget about them/choose to ignore them in the morning.

The first year of a baby's life is so darn stressful.
Is he not good with helping with Bryce?
I know I'm lucky that Anthony is great with Emma. But, some daddies are much better with toddlers.
It will be much easier for him to help when he is weaned also.

Advertisement

Old 08-03-2010, 07:49 AM   #22
ANDREA0507
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by viersmommy View Post
hey ladies. 2 questions for you

1 To get a Sophie or not?
I have roughly $24 and some change in FG credits left. Some inserts I ordered were backordered and now they aren't carrying them so I have some credits left. Do you think Sohpie is worth the $$ for a teether???

2do any of you use a diva cup or something similar?
I'm really wanting to switch to something besides disposable. I've been told it can help with cramping, lighter periods, etc.

*TMI ALERT* I've always had a really heavy flow, but it has seemed to get worse with each pregnancy. Even if I use a super absorbant tampon, I still have to wear a pad because the flow is so heavy/fast a tampon can't absorb fast enough. I have so many clots a pad can't handle either, they just sit on top of the pad, so I always feel like I'm sitting in a puddle It has been so bad these first 2 PP AF it feels like my PP bleeding again

1. I found a sophie a couple weeks ago for like $18 shipped and bought it...and while Anna does like it, she doesnt necessarily like it more than any other teethers we have.

2. I have a diva cup and liked it. I dont have very heavy af's tho. You might just have to dump it more than I did but it would prolly work. I hate pads.ew.haha
Old 08-03-2010, 08:16 AM   #23
NewYearsBaby
Registered Users
seller

Location: Where you can see the coasters over the trees, Florida
My Mood:

Quote:
Kristie, so sorry you are having such a rough time. I agree with the others in that a LOT of the issues may be stemming from the ups and downs of pregnancy, birth, and hormones. Try to give it some time and ride it out until things with B settle down a bit. Make sure he knows how you feel about him not showing and interest in DTD, that it isn't all about the s3x, but feeling attractive and wanted and closeness with each other, too.

DH and I seem to always hit a really rough spot right during the end of pg, birth, and those first several months I'm nursing (about a year +/- span of time each time...since we've only been married 5 years and have 3 kids you can do the math). It seems to slowly get better when the baby semi-consistantly STTN as we make more time for one another then

DH has struggled with depression for a long time, he finally agreed to see a therapist and get some medical issues looked at. Depression meds didn't help him after I had DS2. They just made him walk around in a fog, but no happier. We've figured out he has some vitamin deficiencies and a few medical things we are working with. That combined with therapy several times a month (started out several times a week) has done wonders for him and us.

That said. I've been really struggling with my emotions the last few months. That's really new to me. I've always had "down" periods PP but never anything serious that talking about or a few quiet minutes alone didn't fix. and never felt completely out of control like lately. AF returning as A LOT to do with it. DH and I are getting better about discussing things as they happen instead of bottling and blowing up down the road.
Yeah I'm trying to give it some time, but at the same time, I feel like I keep saying that. I mean don't get me wrong, i don't WANT to leave, but right now, i'm miserable, and I've been decently unhappy since like 1st trimester.... so this whole thing is getting pretty old. I want to try to work it out, but it never seems like anything i say does anything but make anything we're fighting about anything but worse. It just gets really draining, and honestly, i know if it wasn't for Bryce i would have left long ago.

Quote:
hey ladies. 2 questions for you

1 To get a Sophie or not?
I have roughly $24 and some change in FG credits left. Some inserts I ordered were backordered and now they aren't carrying them so I have some credits left. Do you think Sohpie is worth the $$ for a teether??? I'm not finding a ton on the site that I "need" otherwise

I'm really wanting to switch to something besides disposable. I've been told it can help with cramping, lighter periods, etc.

*TMI ALERT* I've always had a really heavy flow, but it has seemed to get worse with each pregnancy. Even if I use a super absorbant tampon, I still have to wear a pad because the flow is so heavy/fast a tampon can't absorb fast enough. I have so many clots a pad can't handle either, they just sit on top of the pad, so I always feel like I'm sitting in a puddle It has been so bad these first 2 PP AF it feels like my PP bleeding again
I've been debating a Sophie too, but Bryce will chew on anything lol, so I'm kinda figuring, why waste the money if the kid will stick literally anything in his mouth

I'm definitely getting the diva cup when I get AF back- I haven't used it before, but I suspect if you dump it more often like Andrea said it should work fine with like a liner if you've got a super heavy flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssand23 View Post
He just figured out how to pull himself up to stand! Now he's pulling up on everything. He hasn't figured out getting down so he kind of flops over. He'll then sit down (he can get himself in a sitting position) & will clap for himself. Just makes me nervous since he has a lot of bumps these days.

Kristie, my thoughts go out to you. DH & I had an especially bad arguement last week that ended with me saying, agree to counseling or pack your bags. I meant it. I'm at the end of my rope. If we didn't have Luke, I'd have packed his stuff for him that night. We have had a lot going on here with everyone's health problems but I've had enough of his crap. I'm sorry you're dealing with DH garbage, too.
Aww i'm kinda jealous of Luke's mobility, Bryce is just starting to SORTA crawl, he gets frustrated a lot and starts whining cause he can't get everything to work in sync correctly lol. I feel like this between 0 mobility and crawling is a really awkward stage, at least for me.

Yeah I've walked out with Bryce before, and if i had a place to go you better believe i would have left (as it stand i just walked down the street so Bryce didn't have to watch DH put his fist through the wall... yeah, productive right?). Its not something I want my son exposed to, the arguing, the punching stuff, its just not something I'm willing to let him grow up around, but at the same time i know he really needs a Daddy figure, and he really (usually) enjoys the little time they do spend together

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeysMomma View Post
Ok, so tell me about giving baby meat.
I made Joey purees when he was a baby; mixed it with cereal or veggies.
But, I've been thinking, next month I might start doing more finger type foods with Emma.
Do you feed them tiny pieces with your hands?
How does the large pieces (BLW style work)
I feed him a big hunk, so he can hold onto it himself (BLW style), generally like 1"x1/2"x3" or so, a nice sized chunk so he can have a good grip on it, and still have some sticking out the top of his hand to munch on. I think chicken/turkey are good starters, easier to digest than red meat, softer than pork, and mild in flavor (one of the main reasons he's had chicken, he seems very flavor sensitive... I guess i cant blame him since her's used to boob )

Quote:
I agree (although only you Krisite can make that choice).
Anthony and I often say such rotten things to each other in the middle of the night when we are up with Emma.
Thank god we both forget about them/choose to ignore them in the morning.

The first year of a baby's life is so darn stressful.
Is he not good with helping with Bryce?
I know I'm lucky that Anthony is great with Emma. But, some daddies are much better with toddlers.
It will be much easier for him to help when he is weaned also.

He isn't real good about helping with him, he plays with him if i'm cooking dinner (this is just recently really), he has yet to get up in the night with him (OK- actually i do rememeber one time where he changed him and i fed him, but thats it, then he went back to pass out), he's never given me a night off and given him bottles, though he tried once, and B wanted nothing to do with it (he actually refused to take a bottle from DH for quite a while since he hadnt given one to him in so long). His schedule seems to be getting a little better, but for several months he was very often not seeing him all day, he'd get home after he went to bed and leave before he woke up. Its one of those things, as terrible as it is to say, if i'm going to feel like a single parent, why not just make it that way so I don't have to clean up after him and have him around AND feel like one

Sorry I've been so negative the last few days, I really appreciate all the support from you ladies, there's just a lot I've got on my chest, and way too many things to figure out.

0****5****10********20****25****30****35** **40

NewYearsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:33 AM   #24
viersmommy
Registered Users
seller

Kristie, don't feel bad about being negative. Everyone needs to vent and that is what we are here for. To listen and support you. Ultimately you need to make the choice that is best for you and Bryce. I hate to see people divorce, but only because I went through that as a kid and it was really, really tough. But both of my parents are remarried and much happier than they were together. I just hope for your sake it doesn't have to come to that. No matter what we will be here for you!

fighting breast cancer since 8/2010- recently found out it has metastasized to lungs, spine, ribs, femurs, hips, liver and brain
viersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:59 AM   #25
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

took a picture of my fabric!

the top three are silk and the bottom is linen
Old 08-03-2010, 09:00 AM   #26
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by THBVsMama View Post
Nursing mamas ~ Who all has/hasn't started AF? Mine is still no where in sight, though a lot of times I feel as if it's right around the corner with the bloating and cramps.
Still nothing here, which is odd for me. She was back by this time with the other ones. I did POAS last week just in case (on Friday I think?) and it was BFN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
For those that charted, (or not) did your cycles go back to what they were before you were pregnant after AF started again?
I was irregular pre-kids and post-kids, so not that it helps. I have charted in the past (not currently) and it seemed that my luteal phase was right at 12 days - it was just that O occurred anywhere from CD 15-CD 30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessaroni View Post
Am I the only one with a kid who doesn't sit up on their own yet?
Caleb is just barely for a few seconds, so pretty much still needs some support.

Quote:
If you plan to give your baby yogurt, and meat, when are you going to start?
I have read everything from 6 months to 8-9 months as start times.
Caleb had fish last night with us and LOVED it. I just gave him little tastes from my plate.

Quote:
I used the Diva post Shane and really liked it. It did not reduce my cramping any and my cycles were the same length as always though. It was just nice to not need to change it quite so often. I could go about twice as long as I could with a tampon - so 4ish hours on my super heavy days up to the 12 hours towards the tail end of my cycle.
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:41 AM   #27
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Emma really likes Sophie. She'll chew on that toy more than any others, though now that her bottom two teeth have come in she's much less fussy, teething wise, and doesn't need it as much.

Kristie - I'm so sorry you are going through this. If worse comes to worse I would try a separation before anything more drastic. I don't talk about it a lot, but DH and I had a year long separation from Feb 08 - Feb 09. Our marriage hit rock bottom (I'm mostly to blame; he was begging for counseling, but I refused ) and I wanted out. He did nothing wrong, I just felt unhappy. However, in the time we were apart I finished my dental schooling, got a job, and lived the single life. I won't say I was a single parent because DH still did everything for DS. It was hard and liberating at the same time.. but in the end I knew that family was what I wanted and I truly missed DH. The time apart helped me realize this and we were able to work everything out. I'm so thankful that our marriage is as strong as it is now, though I know it's because we had time apart and were able to re-prioritize. I hate that it took so long, but a huge part of that is because I was terrified of getting back together, have DS get used to us being in the same home again, and then things not working out and having to put him through another huge transition.

& now that you know my life story...

Last edited by THBVsMama; 08-03-2010 at 10:42 AM.
THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:48 PM   #28
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We adopted a cat Friday, can't remember if I told y'all or not.
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #29
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, a lot has gone on in the last few days. I'll try and save space and forgo the quotes.

Kristie. Can't say much that hasn't already been said, but do what you feel is right for Bryce and you. Communication is key and it sounds like your DH needs to work on that.

Cooper is not sitting up by himself. I put him in the position and he sits all leaned over to grab his toes and tumbles to his back. He finds that fun, but not sitting up. And still no teeth here and no sign of them coming. He does love his Sophie. It's his car seat town and keeps him entertained.

Cooper has had a little yo-baby yogart. We have no allergies in our family so we gave it a try last week. It isn't his favorite, but he liked it. We'll hold off to do more since he likes pears, avocado, apples and green beans the most right now. No meat here yet.

Pretty fabric Sara!

Congrats on the kitty Nicole. How the cat adjusting to your household?
Old 08-03-2010, 01:22 PM   #30
ANDREA0507
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Does anyone else's baby hate fruit? lol I think it is so weird but Anna HATES apples and bananas! She'll spit them out and not take another bite all with a disgusted look on her face! She loves her some squash, peas, potatoes (not sweet tho), and carrots....I'm scared she'll turn orange so I try to limit the squash and carrots even tho they are her favs lol

She is starting to like a little baby food now (I thicken it with cereal...she doesnt like the runny stuff, she thinks shes a grown up and needs to chew it up haha) I'm happy about that because even tho I think BLW is really cool, it kinda worries me and I was having a hard time finding things that she could eat. Like ya'll giving your baby just a big ole hunk of chicken...do they not accidently get a little bit too big peice and choke??