Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-03-2010, 08:28 PM   #341
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically its Tuesday!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preggo View Post
well that's good at least. I hope you find everything that's missing....

This is exactly why DH and I pack everything, and let the movers carry the boxes and heavy furniture. Well, that and cost. I totally get why you had to use them though, my goodness you have been crazy busy.
They are supposed to be there to make your life easier I'd be so upset.
OMG...never before and never again. The company paid for it all, they do for anyone they relocate evidently. And because I was on such a time crunch and by myself, I said ok, maybe I won't know what is in each box but I should have a general idea. They didn't even label things right. I opened a giant wardrobe box that said "Games" thinking, great all toys for the kids to play with while I unpack the next 203 boxes....and there was one puzzle, six adult fiction hardcover books, and the rest was all OTC drugs. How is that games?

Side note, yes that is a lot of OTC drugs. We had a LOT of flexspending left over last year so we bought a buttload of OTC drugs, like cortizone cream, childrens tylenol and benedryl, first aid crap, that kind of stuff. I can only imagine what they thought when they packed it, between the ridiculousness of it all and the labeling something not remotely close.

Advertisement

Old 08-03-2010, 08:30 PM   #342
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
BTW, my son was a laugh riot at the dr's today. He managed to entertain everyone in the waiting room. This little girl came in and he insisted on showing her how strong he was. "CHECK OUT MY GUNS!" and flexed. and then, he sat down next to her and started talking to her. When she started talking to him, and showing him how to make a bracelet with some string. (very good idea btw, I'll have to use that when we go to the dr's when he's older) Anyway, he was talking to her for a few minutes and then says loudly "Do you think I'm handsome?" she said "uhmmm yes." and he says "WOOHOO...I THINK I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!" I can't take this kid anywhere I swear.
That's fantastic. I LOVE it.

My kids, however, just embarrass me. The movers came in to meet us, and she walks up and burps loudly while we are talking, which we all ignored, and then she yells..."I burped!" To which Raj says, say excuse me.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #343
Preggo
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Side note, yes that is a lot of OTC drugs. We had a LOT of flexspending left over last year so we bought a buttload of OTC drugs, like cortizone cream, childrens tylenol and benedryl, first aid crap, that kind of stuff. I can only imagine what they thought when they packed it, between the ridiculousness of it all and the labeling something not remotely close.
I label everything correctly. I mean everything. I can't imagine what the movers thought when they found a box labeled "dishes, and a giant stuffed moose..."

ETA: DH however, is horrible at packing. I picked up a box labeled "deep fryer" and took it to the new house....yup...definatly left the oil inside it. What a mess to clean out of my new car.

Last edited by Preggo; 08-03-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Preggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:36 PM   #344
AdeliaGreen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
where did you get that pattern?? They are so pretty, I HAVE to try them with some of my mom's quilting stash!
I just found a few different instructions online and pieced together my own. Just search 'fabric headbands' and you should find a bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
Adele LOVE the headbands...may need some after I start getting paid again the end of the month. I like the narrower one. I have a small head and the one I had was almost too wide for me.
I def prefer the more narrow headbands myself too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
I can wear E's hats too. I gave Adelle my head measurements for those headbands. I can't wait to try them out!
We have the same size head Mel That was one of the reasons I was confident in my final measurements

I ended up laying down on the couch and then DH took over the computer and I'm just now able to get back on...

So, anywho... Thanks for all the compliments on the hairbands ladies I really liked making them and plan to make more for stocking somewhere.

TIF - I really want your ffs nb soaker... Pretty please?

'All Bugged Out' stuffed bug pattern! Now available to purchase at You Can Make This!
Bloggity... blog... blog... blog... Did you know I blog?
AdeliaGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #345
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, I have a dining table now. I might make it through the night without physically recreating a scene from a 26 YO TV movie no one here knows about.

God, I am OLD.

I would love to curl up with my hook, but I don't have anywhere I can sit near a lamp.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #346
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I may be ordering custom headbands from you in a month or so, Adelle. I have an enormous noggin, I can't wear any headbands or hats off the rack. And I have the right kind of hair for it now. And my sewing machine is who knows where, probably missing a power cord.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:41 PM   #347
Preggo
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
I may be ordering custom headbands from you in a month or so, Adelle. I have an enormous noggin, I can't wear any headbands or hats off the rack. And I have the right kind of hair for it now. And my sewing machine is who knows where, probably missing a power cord.

Thanks Adelle I'll give it a try. Although you may be making some for me...I'm just not that handy right now, my sewing machine is at my moms and all my craft stuff is locked in a trailer outside. Side note, I get to go shop for a desk tomorrow

Old 08-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #348
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Courtney! At least there's never a dull moment, eh? That's life with E too. Who, you might like to know Cheryl, can burp on demand. He did it a lot this weekend. Gah.

I can't wait to give the headbands a try. I have two now, but one is too wide in the back, IMO, and the other is too narrow in the front. Picky picky...

Ru's home, the laundry is done (not folded), and we'll be heading to bed soon. How is it that tomorrow's Wednesday? I don't want it to be. I don't want to clean again.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #349
Preggo
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Courtney! At least there's never a dull moment, eh? That's life with E too. Who, you might like to know Cheryl, can burp on demand. He did it a lot this weekend. Gah.

I can't wait to give the headbands a try. I have two now, but one is too wide in the back, IMO, and the other is too narrow in the front. Picky picky...

Ru's home, the laundry is done (not folded), and we'll be heading to bed soon. How is it that tomorrow's Wednesday? I don't want it to be. I don't want to clean again.
my main cleaning day is today. It's garbage pick up day so its also the day I clean out the fridge, usually go grocery shopping, and other stuff. I didn't get to the grocery store today, but we don't really need anything with me deep-freeze diving.

sooo..how does everyone cook a pork shoulder? How many years is a frozen thanksgiving turkey good for?

Old 08-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #350
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethannp View Post
That particular turtle lives with MH
and she LOVES it!

Quote:
Ok, I have a dining table now. I might make it through the night without physically recreating a scene from a 26 YO TV movie no one here knows about.

God, I am OLD.

I would love to curl up with my hook, but I don't have anywhere I can sit near a lamp.
nope, made me laugh right out loud...totally got the Farrah reference!

We went for a ride to survey the new damage from tongiths storm. It is CRAZY.
There is a train bridge that is in some trouble. They are having to stop the trains and move them over the bridge at a CRAWL. Now realize that we have a minimum of 300 trains per day that travel through Gallup. Super busy rail line. Actually it is the panama canal of the north. They off load container ships in LA and reload in Houston and vise-versa. To get goods from the west to the east and the east to the west

Last edited by jwjbbrown; 08-03-2010 at 09:24 PM.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote