Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-03-2010, 08:40 AM   #31
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersMomma View Post
Morning!

I think of 80s too... or something like poppies & iris

I have so much freaking knitting to do. Im seriously so behind on my customs bc of going on vacation without a husband doesnt leave much in the way of knitting time.

Quote:
Oh and I might be pregnant. Im going to go in the OB today for a blood test bc I took a hpt from the dollar tree but Im not sure if its pos or not and Im kind of freaking... I *think* i can see a faint faint faint faint line if i tip it just right, but then Im not sure if its my eyes playing tricks on me or what.
Pink or grey? Grey is just the spot where a line would be, not a line. If it's pink though.... Pics!!!!

Advertisement

Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:54 AM   #32
knit~it~good
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Morning everyone!

I love that colorway, Tim!!

I can't seem to stick with a project. It's really depressing me. I start something and after working on it for a bit, I'm just not feeling it and I frog it. I thought this was behind me! I was like this when I was preggo. But last month I finished a pair of socks I started in March and knit a sweater for ds and longies for dd. I feel so lost without knitting.

My Facebook fan page!
knit~it~good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:00 AM   #33
mommaof3

Formerly: Creatively Ewe~ DO NOT FSOT~ ADMIN

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knit~it~good View Post
Morning everyone!

I love that colorway, Tim!!

I can't seem to stick with a project. It's really depressing me. I start something and after working on it for a bit, I'm just not feeling it and I frog it. I thought this was behind me! I was like this when I was preggo. But last month I finished a pair of socks I started in March and knit a sweater for ds and longies for dd. I feel so lost without knitting.
When I get like this I knit something newborn and new a pattern I have never done before, so that I actually finish it and its small, usually that finished feeling makes me be happy and start knitting better again.

Im actually working on something for my kids today.. and a pair of longies... and another pair of longies.. and another pair of longies, and some arm warmers, and 3 jackets... Sigh.. I need to finish some of these and free up some time!

Cristi, Creatively Ewe - Stocking at Bitty Fluff and on my HC Creator of the Norway Romper, Belle Romper, Jack and Jill Sweaters!
mommaof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:04 AM   #34
carrieleeanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi all ........ I am looking for recommendations on yarn. I have been knitting for years but am new to wool and shorties longies etc. .......... If I want to make a sweater for instance what yarn would you use?? Where do you buy your yarns?? there are so many places online that I don't know which is which or which is better..... any help greatly appreciated.
btw....... you are all very talented knitters and dyers. I have been checking the thread occasionally for weeks and love all the wip's .....
carrieleeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:06 AM   #35
~EweNeedColor~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearHusband View Post
Good morning ladies!

I start off todays thread with a new, nameless WIP. I'm asking for your help in naming it. Everything I've thought of is used and passť:

I mad an attempt at another colorway for Christmas, but it came out as an abborration before God and Man and was not fit to see light upon this earth, so ashamed of it am I that it will be quietly and anonymously dumped somewhere.

HAPPY TUESDAY!

tim.
I vote for "Electric Youth", too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLittleButtonBakery View Post

You have such pretty blue eyes!!
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondance View Post
I am apparently the only one who thinks of eggplant when I see that colorway . Mmmmm, Olive Garden's Eggplant Parmigiana.....

So tired. Woke up when the phone rang. Like 4 hours of sleep. Oh, but I got an award at work yesterday. Woot! My friend asked me if I'd use the little $$ bonus on yarn.
for bonus $$
Quote:
Oh and I might be pregnant. Im going to go in the OB today for a blood test bc I took a hpt from the dollar tree but Im not sure if its pos or not and Im kind of freaking... I *think* i can see a faint faint faint faint line if i tip it just right, but then Im not sure if its my eyes playing tricks on me or what.
GO TAKE A PIC EMILY!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyLD View Post
Its my fav swap.. Mainly because everything is tiny

And.. I bake.. but i cant cook! How does that work?
HA! I can cook, but can't bake to save my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykiddoes View Post
Aw, thank you. But, I am not a saint by any means. I'm not positive this is going to come about, but, if it does, I want to be prepared.

I got my yarnnoodles today and it is so very pretty!

I am saving up money for 2 things right now: braces for Tabitha and this serger.
I have a serger that is almost brand new, I didn't even use all the small spools (are they called spools on a serger LOL) of thread that it came with if you're interested
~EweNeedColor~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:07 AM   #36
mommaof3

Formerly: Creatively Ewe~ DO NOT FSOT~ ADMIN

My Mood:

forgot to add

Cristi, Creatively Ewe - Stocking at Bitty Fluff and on my HC Creator of the Norway Romper, Belle Romper, Jack and Jill Sweaters!
mommaof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:14 AM   #37
mythik
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

YAY!!!!!!

Quote:
Old 08-03-2010, 09:15 AM   #38
Mpierce
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylifew3 View Post
Oh Morgan,

My older girls will be in all day camp next week. It would be a good time if you want to come over and try your hand at some yarn. Maybe get some fisherman wool from JA.
I wish I could, I nanny all day and have all the girls until school again so it would be crazy for me to try to come over there. Me plus 4 girls and trying to dye yarn. I really only have nights and weekends were I could do it or wait until school starts up again which is only 3 more weeks right.
Mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:19 AM   #39
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Pretty yarn tim!! I dont remember the 80's I was 6 when they were over.

I want a pic of that preggo test!!!!!

heres my WIP.. NB turned NB/SM turned small longies
Ill take a better pic later when the light is out
Old 08-03-2010, 09:20 AM   #40
singingpraises7
Registered Users

What would a typical inseam be on a pair of mediumish longies? Pattern says 10 inces but that seems really long. Hips are 18