Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2010, 05:35 PM   #101
lovemybabies924
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Update - U/S was today. Scared and wondering if anyone has had a similar experien

(((HUGS))) mama! I hope you are at peace w/whatever decision you make, but i do hope that its not as bad as they are telling you and that your baby only needs surgery or something like that and lives a healthy life.

Advertisement

Old 08-11-2010, 07:57 PM   #102
CandiceM
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Update - U/S was today. Scared and wondering if anyone has had a similar experien

Thank you so much, everyone.
I posted a small update in the first post.

Rachel, thank you for sharing that poem with me. I had been holding it together pretty well until I read that. It made me feel a little stronger. I'll probably have to read it again tomorrow before my appointment. I'm so sorry you had to go through something like this. It's heartbreaking and I wouldn't wish it on anybody.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #103
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:

I'm so sorry for your suffering. I have a cousin who was born with HPLHS. At our 18-week ultrasound, we were told our LO had Trisomy 18. It is a terrible, terrible thing to hear. Our faith in God is what has gotten us through. We have been encouraged to abort by multiple people, including my ILs, but refused. God has numbered this child's days, not us. We will cherish every moment of her life, whether it be beyond the womb or not.
Children with 'devastating' handicaps are a joy as well, pain or not. My nephew has a devastating terminal illness, and even though he struggles daily and is currently home on Hospice care, he is one of the most amazing little 3-year-olds I've ever known. He may not 'play' with his sister in a conventional way, but they have a sweet, unique relationship all their own, and it is touching to see their closeness.
KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:52 PM   #104
Dolphin_Medic
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just want to send hugs and prayers your way. I understand where you're coming from and what your feelings are on this.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:31 AM   #105
jveprek
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just coming back to say you've been in my thoughts. Hang in there .
jveprek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:58 AM   #106
Dean7698
Registered Users
seller

Been following your post mama and just wanted to say that I'm praying for you! Hang in there mama!
Sarah Wife to Patrick,Mama to DD #1 12/14/2001,DD #2 08/04/2003,DD #3 12/28/2008, and DD #4 October 10,2010
Dean7698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #107
jveprek
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wanted to add too...

Pain was a big one with me for Madi too. I must have asked the neurosurgeon about 15 times if she was in pain during the pregnancy. Every time, he told me there was no way for anyone to know, but that she was happily floating around inside me, oblivious to her problems, and that pain was the last thing I should be stressing myself about. Hang in there!
jveprek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #108
gracenglory75
Registered Users
seller

No judgment here. Only prayers and hugs. . .
Chuck's Bride. BF'ing, delayed vacc'ing, no circ'ing, CD'ing, gardening, natural living Mama to Miracle and Mason (2/7/11) with two angel babies, Daniel (8/05) and Nathaniel (7/13/09 ruptured ectopic pregnancy)
gracenglory75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #109
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm sorry mama. we're praying for you.

Last edited by mysticmomma1879; 08-12-2010 at 01:15 PM.
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #110
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You have my prayers and support mama.Sadly I understand and know the pain you're going through and facing.

Our angel Gracie was born to heaven on June 5,2007.We found out that our preciose baby had the devastating nueral tube defect anecephaly at my 18 th week u/s(We had NO clue/idea before that fateful u/s--we just thought we were going to be finding out the gender and getting to see our liitle peanut again).

Gracie had half the brain structure she would normally have and no skull bones had developed from mid forehead back.

It's been 3 long years since --but we still ache deeply and cry openly when we mention her name.

Despite our baby's anecephaly--she was beautiful to us as we held her after delivery.She had her daddy's nose..

PM anytime if you want to talk/need support --I'm here.
We made the gut wrenching desicion to let my labor be induced at 18 weeks 3 days because I didn't want the baby to suffer,etc and I was emotionally under the worst anguish knowing our baby would not live.We were told she could die at anytime inside the womb,during delivery at birth or soon after.If she was born and did survive briefly--she'd need a ventilater to breath for her,etc..
Our angel was born still as it turned out.

Soo no judgement from me--only huge hugs and prayers for your family.