Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Garnet Gab ~August~ Monthly Chat

I cannot believe it is already August The holidays are so quickly approaching. I'm so excited. October-December is my favorite time of the year. I also can't wait until it cools off down here. The heat and humidity are killing me!

Nursing mamas ~ Who all has/hasn't started AF? Mine is still no where in sight, though a lot of times I feel as if it's right around the corner with the bloating and cramps.

Advertisement

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:33 PM   #2
ANDREA0507
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Garnet Gab ~August~ Monthly Chat

I can't wait till Fall either!! I'm hatin these 100 degree days! My b-day is this month tho!

No af here... I have an iud tho so I don't really count, I prolly wont get it back 4 a looong time if ever. Dont miss it! haha just gatta keep baby fever away cuz I cannot have another lol ahhh squirmy, whiney, teething baby in lap! She just cut the 2nd bottom one last night while sucking on my boobs all night
Old 08-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #3
viersmommy
Registered Users
seller

I basically got AF right after PP bleeding stopped with DD (I don't know if was because she was in NICU and I was EPing or what...i felt totally crapped on though) around 6 or 1/2 months with DS1, and 6 months this time. My sister was lucky enought to only have 1 AF between her DS and DD (same age as my youngest 2)...although she didn't agree because she wasn't trying for another baby and was caught off guard I guess

fighting breast cancer since 8/2010- recently found out it has metastasized to lungs, spine, ribs, femurs, hips, liver and brain
viersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #4
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't decide if I'm grateful for AF keeping her distance, or impatient because I want to be able to figure out my cycle for when we TTC #3.

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by THBVsMama View Post
I can't decide if I'm grateful for AF keeping her distance, or impatient because I want to be able to figure out my cycle for when we TTC #3.
haha. I think I've decided that I'd like to start trying again next April if we are in a better financial situation. I liked being pregnant in the winter and I have all of the clothes for it. No AF here yet, and no signs that it is coming back, so I'm happy about that for now.

For those that charted, (or not) did your cycles go back to what they were before you were pregnant after AF started again?

I'm hoping that the hyperthyroid is calming itself down- I have felt mostly like myself the past couple of weeks; only a few symptoms remain currently, so I'm hoping that a blood test will show that I'm getting better. I'd be even happier if I keep off the extra 10 pounds that I've lost; I haven't been this weight since I was...15, maybe? Not that I'm thin, but just thin for me I'm enjoying it!

Oh and I got some fabric to make slings in the mail today and it's SO PRETTY. silk and linen I will take a picture for you later!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:06 PM   #6
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm anxious for fall & cooler weather but this week is fun. Lauren's birthday is Thursday the 5th & my birthday is next Monday the 9th. She's turning 11 and I'll be 35. She was my early birthday present that year as my due date wasn't until the end of Sept & she arrived at 33 weeks.

I'm not BF so AF came back long ago. I have a pre-surgical appt with my gyn in 3 weeks. I'm having an endometrial abliation (spelling?) since I have endo & AF is awful. For those with endo & very heavy periods, it either makes them much lighter or go away. It's only for those done having children but my dr said since I had my tubes tied after Luke was born, it's clear that I already decided that I'm done. It's day stay surgery & I hope to have it done sooner than later.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #7
bessaroni
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by THBVsMama View Post
I cannot believe it is already August The holidays are so quickly approaching. I'm so excited. October-December is my favorite time of the year. I also can't wait until it cools off down here. The heat and humidity are killing me!

Nursing mamas ~ Who all has/hasn't started AF? Mine is still no where in sight, though a lot of times I feel as if it's right around the corner with the bloating and cramps.
October through December is the best. I love 'the holidays' although I don't love the weather then. A little too chilly with not enough snow here in Utah. I've already started on Christmas presents (knitting and buying).

No AF here either. I've never gone this long. I'm loving it.

I am so excited for all you guys who are going to TTC. It it such an exciting time.

I am totally at peace about not having any more kids. It is a reaaly good feeling.
Need cute wall decals? Mention DiaperSwappers and get 15% off at WillowCreekSigns.
bessaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
bessaroni
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Am I the only one with a kid who doesn't sit up on their own yet?
Need cute wall decals? Mention DiaperSwappers and get 15% off at WillowCreekSigns.
bessaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:18 PM   #9
NewYearsBaby
Registered Users
seller

Location: Where you can see the coasters over the trees, Florida
My Mood:

Sorry i lurked for most of the last half of July I read everything and never did get around to responding, oops.

No AF here yet, though i think she's just around the corner since I've been having some "AF type feelings" (minus the two that i had at 6 1/2w PP and 10 1/2w PP that is.... way to go body, way to go.)

I'm not sure I'm looknig forward to the holidays, I'm very used to having it be cold and snowy... and i'm KINDA doubting it will happen here. Though I suppose it might be nice not to freeze my tush off, I will definitely miss the snow.

I've been really feeling like crapola the last few days (I think i'm going to blame AF for it since I went to the doctor (cause DH made me, even though I told him it wouldn't do jack) and they of course found nothing wrong, told me AF was probably coming back sometime soon and that i could take tylanol... whoop-de-doo I coulda done that (which I had bene doing) and saved the $20 copay

Sorry for being negative Nancy over here, but i have to get it out. I really don't know how much longer DH and I are going to be together. We seem like we're constantly fighting, neither of us seem to be able to say the right thing or do anything right. I've been feeling like s*** about our marriage for a while now, but apparently its just now dawning on him that we're not exactly peachy. Bryce may very well be the only one of his gene pool- which makes me really really sad but at the same time i know adding more kids to the mix won't fix what's already broken.

I think I may start to write again or something, because i need to get this out in a CONSTRUCTIVE manner or things are going to go downhill fast.

Sigh. sorry for all that.

0****5****10********20****25****30****35** **40

NewYearsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:56 PM   #10
ANDREA0507
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bess: Anna just last week got good at sitting...she was falling a lot but now she can stay sitting for a while and only "falls" on purpose to almost crawl.

Kristie: I just want to give you a hug