Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #111
PipersMomma
waiting on repsonse to FSOT issue! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if you need help as well!

My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/4

Oh buttons... I prefer the creamish colored set. Looks classy and vintage

Advertisement

PipersMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:17 PM   #112
ELC Knits
Registered Users
Formerly: tina_clewis
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~EweNeedColor~ View Post
Ooooh, I love the bodice Tina!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersMomma View Post
I love that half linen bodice Tina. Great Idea! I might steal that from you on my next one, if you dont mind of course
Thanks ladies!! I did half linen across the front and a tight 2X2 ribbing across the back so maybe I wont need the icord drawstrings (it seems like it would be uncomfortable in a carseat). and Emily - steal away girlfriend!!! I love mixing it up in patterns and love how half linen looks in alot of different projects! Trying to decide if I want the hood to be in the solid with it trimmed in the colorway or if I want to mix it up and do the hood in the colorway since its the same as the solid with just a slip of cream in it......
Braeden joined us 1/11/2012!!
ELC Knits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #113
amberlyn87
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~EweNeedColor~ View Post
I wish you lived near me Amber, you could be my personal hair dresser!
That would be so fun! I love doing hair.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #114
lollytreeyarn
Registered Users
Formerly: staceyinohio
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieV View Post
Lollytree, I LOVE that scrappy set, I can't wait to get mine from the coop, it's on it's way!
Thanks!
lollytreeyarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:28 PM   #115
PipersMomma
waiting on repsonse to FSOT issue! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if you need help as well!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELC Knits View Post
Thanks ladies!! I did half linen across the front and a tight 2X2 ribbing across the back so maybe I wont need the icord drawstrings (it seems like it would be uncomfortable in a carseat). and Emily - steal away girlfriend!!! I love mixing it up in patterns and love how half linen looks in alot of different projects! Trying to decide if I want the hood to be in the solid with it trimmed in the colorway or if I want to mix it up and do the hood in the colorway since its the same as the solid with just a slip of cream in it......
Ahhh i see Im not doing the icords either. I hate icords lol.. it was all I could do to do the one for the STIH by hand and I was ready to murder someone.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:28 PM   #116
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyAnn913 View Post
Oh, and here is my wip picture I took last night. RHS sweater, before the waistband that inevitably had to frog back to this point anyway. Sorry for the bad lighting....

Wow, gorgeous! I have a thing for rainbow-y yarn lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyAnn913 View Post
Wow, mat leave in Canada is nice! I would not have had any pay and only six weeks off. Lame.

I am going to try and squeeze in as much knitting as possible today. I cleaned out the fridge this morning and made the weeks menu/ grocery list. I will be going to the store today Groceries are just SO expensive. How much do you all average a week on groceries? I would say we average about $150 a week. I feel like that is a lot, but am curious to know about yall.
Bella also has her 9 mo check up today, this will be her 2nd round of vac., I started them at 6 mo. and hate it.
I spend about $150-160 a week on groceries for the five of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairyblue View Post
Morning ladies..

Today my baby girl is 10!!!!

She growing up way to fast. I made a collage and posted it on FB and just looking back on when she was little made me tear up.

She will be back home in 2 wks though. she is visiting her dad and grandparents for the summer and we talked on Skype yesterday and will again today.

I'll been nurse/doctor/slave to my household.. the boys were sick over the weekend and Matthew still had a fever mon/tue but seems back to himself today.. DH came home yesterday and looks like death.. so he slept most of yesterday.. I have been pulled in many directions and then when I finally get to sit and knit *I* have to put the kids to bed...

Somehow *I* manage to take care of the kids and myself when I am sick and DH is not here but when men get sick.. I think they are worst than the kids..

I'm almost done with the STIH, just have the buttonband and collar and put the buttons on.
Happy b-day to your dd! I can't believe you are almost done with the sweater with all that going on!

Quote:

The test results were negative. She said my levels were less than 2. I should get AF in like 5 days, so I guess its the start of another month now.
I'm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELC Knits View Post
This is cross posted in the RHS/SH knitalong, here's my RHS so far!

A close up of the half linen stitch bodice
It looks great!!

AFM, my (almost) four year old woke up with a devil on both of his shoulders and the baby is needy so I may be able to post later, maybe not. I'm finishing up the straps on my shortalls (so cute!) and then I'm pretty much done aside from the pocket which should take like 10 minutes.

I dyed some medium gray marr haven last night and the results surprised me. I was expecting more of a tinting but it took the color fairly strongly. I have pics, will post in a bit. I think it's going to be fingerless driving gloves for me.

No fluffy mail today... must all be planning to come at once!
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:31 PM   #117
chippybug10
Registered Users

Quote:

The test results were negative. She said my levels were less than 2. I should get AF in like 5 days, so I guess its the start of another month now.
Every month I get AF I get more disappointed that I'm not preggo, especially since it only took one try for DS and for some dumb reason I thought it'd be that easy again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberlyn87 View Post
The UPS man finally came, so i put some hair color in my hair, and some new polish on my nails... i feel much better.
Yay! What color? I colored my hair like 5 times one summer in Germany, and haven't since. I hated trying to keep up with redying the roots as they came in. And yea, I wear makeup like never
Old 08-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #118
bluesaddle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just posted a question on the Facebook group for you WAHM knitters. I wasn't sure if I could post it here or not.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:35 PM   #119
PipersMomma

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippybug10 View Post
Every month I get AF I get more disappointed that I'm not preggo, especially since it only took one try for DS and for some dumb reason I thought it'd be that easy again.

Yay! What color? I colored my hair like 5 times one summer in Germany, and haven't since. I hated trying to keep up with redying the roots as they came in. And yea, I wear makeup like never
to you too. We havnt really been trying that long, I just dont know what to expect at all. With Piper we were not trying but not preventing, and it was 8 months before I got pregnant, and then with Phe we were trying to PREVENT and she came thru a condom so its strange.

OK so I have 2 skeins of this.
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/31413362
I dont know what to make. Piper loves it so I was thinking maybe a abalone for her? Idk.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:39 PM   #120
chippybug10
Registered Users

Quote:
to you too. We havnt really been trying that long, I just dont know what to expect at all. With Piper we were not trying but not preventing, and it was 8 months before I got pregnant, and then with Phe we were trying to PREVENT and she came thru a condom so its strange.

OK so I have 2 skeins of this.
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/31413362
I dont know what to make. Piper loves it so I was thinking maybe a abalone for her? Idk.
An abalone would be so pretty with that!

Will my longies look funny with a bamboo stitch cuff and seed stitch bordered pockets? I'm thinking it might make them too busy...

Last edited by chippybug10; 08-04-2010 at 12:45 PM.
chippybug10 is offline   Reply With Quote