Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2010, 08:18 AM   #21
JessieV
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyAnn913 View Post
Wow, mat leave in Canada is nice! I would not have had any pay and only six weeks off. Lame.

I am going to try and squeeze in as much knitting as possible today. I cleaned out the fridge this morning and made the weeks menu/ grocery list. I will be going to the store today Groceries are just SO expensive. How much do you all average a week on groceries? I would say we average about $150 a week. I feel like that is a lot, but am curious to know about yall.
Bella also has her 9 mo check up today, this will be her 2nd round of vac., I started them at 6 mo. and hate it.
We probably average about $125/week and there's just 3 of us! That total also includes cat and dog food and any toiletries we need. Groceries are SOOO expensive.

Quote:
Oh, and here is my wip picture I took last night. RHS sweater, before the waistband that inevitably had to frog back to this point anyway. Sorry for the bad lighting....

That's beautiful, I would love to have a reason to buy that colorway.

Advertisement

My knit gallery My Ravelry
JessieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:19 AM   #22
JessieV
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knit~it~good View Post
SO pretty! I really want to knit the RHS sweater but I only have cascade 220 to use for it and I'm not sure if it would be enough for a 6 mth sweater. I have 2 skeins of the main color and 1 skein of trim, do you think that would be enough?
That's enough, that size calls for 600 yards.

My knit gallery My Ravelry
JessieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:24 AM   #23
chippybug10
Registered Users

Amber, my yarn should be delivered to you today or tomorrow

Jenn, the RHS is looking great, what's the colorway? I can't say for sure how much we spend on groceries right now since we buy some for my parents and vice versa. I feel like I'm horrible at saving on groceries, so I don't keep track of what I spend

I've got to finish the longies I'm currently knitting and get the pockets attatched. The trims Shelly dyed up for me will be here soon and I want to hit the ground running when they get here.

I don't know how you ladies knit for others, I get so weighed down by pressure to finish DS's longies lol.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:29 AM   #24
shel*bel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Oh, and here is my wip picture I took last night. RHS sweater, before the waistband that inevitably had to frog back to this point anyway. Sorry for the bad lighting....

Very pretty!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:29 AM   #25
JennyAnn913
Registered Users
Formerly: miasmamma913
seller
seller

My Mood:

knititgood- that should be enough, and there is a KAL going on in the craft forum too! You should join!

Lauren- I am horrible at saving on groceries too. I can't justify running to a million different stores to get the "best deals", I just don't think that would be good for my psyche! I am high strung as it is. And the colorway is Sugarbubbie Promise me Autumn.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:35 AM   #26
amberlyn87
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippybug10 View Post
Amber, my yarn should be delivered to you today or tomorrow

Jenn, the RHS is looking great, what's the colorway? I can't say for sure how much we spend on groceries right now since we buy some for my parents and vice versa. I feel like I'm horrible at saving on groceries, so I don't keep track of what I spend

I've got to finish the longies I'm currently knitting and get the pockets attatched. The trims Shelly dyed up for me will be here soon and I want to hit the ground running when they get here.

I don't know how you ladies knit for others, I get so weighed down by pressure to finish DS's longies lol.
Sounds great! I can't wait to get started
Old 08-04-2010, 08:35 AM   #27
amberlyn87
Registered Users
seller

SB "Promise me Autumn" is
Old 08-04-2010, 08:49 AM   #28
mythik
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DH is the cook in the house so I've no idea what he spends on groceries. He loves to have a stocked fridge or two....we have two refrigerators and a deep freezer...we have locally raised organic pork, elk (from a hunter/friend) duck, get our eggs from friends urban chickens, etc - such a guy. He can't not go to the store for groceries .

Quote:
Wow, mat leave in Canada is nice! I would not have had any pay and only six weeks off. Lame.

I am going to try and squeeze in as much knitting as possible today. I cleaned out the fridge this morning and made the weeks menu/ grocery list. I will be going to the store today Groceries are just SO expensive. How much do you all average a week on groceries? I would say we average about $150 a week. I feel like that is a lot, but am curious to know about yall.
Bella also has her 9 mo check up today, this will be her 2nd round of vac., I started them at 6 mo. and hate it.
I love that colorway and it is looking great!
Quote:

I'm half way done with the legs on the shorties that are quickly turning into longies....hmm. Also CO a nb mossy sweater last night on 9s but frogged to use the 8s - got a nicer stitch on that. We'll see, my first time doing a sweater and I need to finish it by the 20th .

It's on this cw, Malabrigo floral (the pic is bad, but you get the idea - fun!)

Last edited by mythik; 08-04-2010 at 08:52 AM.
mythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:54 AM   #29
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Pretty!!
Quote:

UMMM.. about 100 bucks a week for 5 of us. But we also go to costco once a month and spend anywhere between 100-500 bucks. So it all depends.

Good Morning Mamas!!! I wont be around much today, DH is home. But i am going to try ot get a pic of the longies finished for you. I also have a Dr appt in about 2 hours. I have to drink the nasty glucose stuff Ill update you all when i get home
Old 08-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #30
mythik
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

GL with the test!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyLD View Post
Pretty!!

UMMM.. about 100 bucks a week for 5 of us. But we also go to costco once a month and spend anywhere between 100-500 bucks. So it all depends.

Good Morning Mamas!!! I wont be around much today, DH is home. But i am going to try ot get a pic of the longies finished for you. I also have a Dr appt in about 2 hours. I have to drink the nasty glucose stuff Ill update you all when i get home