Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2010, 05:50 PM   #91
MyFourStars
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: April 2010 Lil Peeps!!!

My baby is 5 months old today! *sniffle*

Advertisement

My Twilight FanFic-Finding Rose *Updated Chapter 13!*
MyFourStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:00 PM   #92
mamamonkmee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wouldnt change him either. Eian just came off his bottle and up til then he still needed slow flow nipples. he'd get chocked even at almost 3 years old.
mamamonkmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:03 PM   #93
mamamonkmee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Tonights my 1st over night without will. my grandma has him. since joe is leaving tomorrow. Ugh i tell ya i hate my pump. i just sat here 20 mins pumping both sides and only got 4oz and i havent fed will since 6pm. its 9 now. i really gotta save up to get a new one
Old 08-15-2010, 08:34 AM   #94
swalker97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamonkmee View Post
Tonights my 1st over night without will. my grandma has him. since joe is leaving tomorrow. Ugh i tell ya i hate my pump. i just sat here 20 mins pumping both sides and only got 4oz and i havent fed will since 6pm. its 9 now. i really gotta save up to get a new one
I have a PISA if you want it?
I love those pictures, especially the last one.

Things are crazy busy around here as usual. School starts back tomorrow and DH is working. Thankfully my dad will be here.
I'm still a bit sad about them going back to school. I really wish I could have made the homeschool thing work. Last year wasn't exactly the best year for trying it out.
I had a THIRD interview for one of the jobs I applied for, but I still won't hear anything until next week. I hate this uncertainty. I need to figure out what we will do about childcare, but can't until I know about a job.
I went to my first counseling appt on Friday. It was mostly just giving her background information. I like her OK, but she is a Christian counselor and I'm just not up for the whole "God has a plan" crap. I'm done with Him.
We'll see.

Last edited by swalker97; 08-15-2010 at 09:08 AM.
swalker97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:46 AM   #95
MrsLemon13
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by swalker97 View Post
I have a PISA if you want it?
If she doesnt I would buy it from you. I want to get a spare to keep at school so I dont have to haul mine back and forth daily.
Dawn 4 oz is REALLY good. I have huge supply issues (even with domperidone) and I have only ever pumped 2oz max. I can pump 2 ounces max even if its been like 5 hours. From what ive read on Kellymom 1-2 ounces total is average to pump. And a lot of women dont respond to the pump well, especially if you dont use it often. I have a friend with an obvious oversupply who can only pump a few ounces at a time. Dont be discouraged, its probably not your pump.

Oh and i have an VERY old Medela PIS and I rented a hospital grade pump and had absolutely zero difference in output. But again I have huge supply issues so that could be why. So dont worry mama!
MrsLemon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #96
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

It has been quite a week around here! I started having blood pressure issues about a week ago, enough that I felt the need to see a doctor. My BP has always been really low (90's/60's) even through my pregnancies. I noticed right after I moved, I was getting lightheaded, dizzy and headaches. I took my BP at my SIL's house a couple days ago and it was 146/96. I freaked out, of course, and laid down to see if I could get it down. It took me a little bit, but finally got it down to 99/66. So I am checking it every 3 hours (or thereabouts) to get a better idea of when it spikes or see if something is triggering it. I have a high anxiety level so that might have something to do with it. This AM's reading was 111/67, which is a good waking BP. My doctor said there are a thousand things that can be causing it, she sent me for labs (which I have to get done tomorrow AM) and then we'll wait for the results of those.

Dawn, 4 oz. is REALLY good for a pumping session! I get 2-2.5 oz. usually when I pump and I don't do it often at all.

Ciera, good luck with work! I can only imagine how stressed and overwhelmed you feel right now. At least you know Jake is in good hands.
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:34 PM   #97
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFourStars View Post
I wouldn't switch at ALL if he's happy with it. Most BF babies stay with the slow flow nipples. They do have to work with him. She'll learn how to get into his groove and he'll learn how she's different than Mommy, and it'll work out. I worked the infant room at our preschool for a few months and we had a BFed babe who refused to eat more than 2oz in a sitting. We HAD to feed her on demand even though all the other kids were pretty self-scheduled. I that little girl too, she was the teeniest, sweetest little thing and only ever ate for me
DD1 only ever used the preemie nipples from the hospital - even at like 1 year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFourStars View Post
My baby is 5 months old today! *sniffle*
Robyn - So sweet.

Not to be a gossip - but did you guys see that Melissa (from Montana) - Myra's mama is preggo for April 11'. I'm jealous because I don't get my fertility back until like a year PP, and DH is getting his "V" next month.

Okay - so DH built me a shower (with hot water) in the garage for the kids and the dog. IT ROCKS!!!!! My kids are so filthy all the time. It built up on a platform so I don't have to bend very much. I'm SOO EXCITED!!
Old 08-15-2010, 04:16 PM   #98
mamamonkmee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Shannon I'd love to buy it but we are totally tapped. Joel left for basic today and pretty much til the end of sept be gonna be scrapping dollars to get by

I got 11.5oz this morning but that was after 9 hrs of no pumping or nursing.

Will did good for my grandma.

its been a crazy day. got up at 7 so we could get up dressed visit parents drop off eian and head to the mall to be at recruiters office at 11. got there 30 mins early ate breakfast. and hung out til 12 when the bus showed up to get him. it was hard walking outta the mall and driving 45 mins home alone. He's text me a few times he's at a hotel next to fort jackson for the night and heads out to GA tomorrow. then i had to pick eian and will up and head to skating rink for my nieces party i'm exausted. i havent slept much in over a week.

im ok without him right now and havent cried but im sure in a few days im gonna hit rock bottom. but ill be ok and we did find out that he will be to be home for xmas this year.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #99
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hugs Dawn - I can't imagine!
Old 08-15-2010, 06:57 PM   #100
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

Robyn, we have 2 of our April 2010 mamas in the April 2011 forum, lol. I am not the slightest bit jealous, I would FREAK out! But I congratulated them both.

My BP has been great today, so I did 4 loads of laundry at my moms. Our washer & dryer aren't hooked up at our new house yet, we still have some electrical issues. Its been a loooooooong day!
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote