Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-25-2010, 10:45 PM   #481
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 2010 Lil Peeps!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Tawny - sorry for the sickies!! This is the first time in three years I have made it to Thanksgiving. Last year I was sick with the intestinal flu, the year before DS threw up on me in the hallway into my in-laws house on the way to Thanksgiving. We had to get back into the car and go home. It was so nice to go this year. (knock on wood for the rest of the night).

Still trying to figure out when I'm going out for Black Friday. I'm all talk at night, but once I go to bed it is hard to get me back up.

Happy late birthdays Dawn and Aimee!!

Advertisement

Old 11-26-2010, 05:49 AM   #482
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

I am thankful that Cecilia is a) young and not in need of anything major and b) has grandparents that are buying her toys, because I have absolutely zero desire to leave my house today! No thank you!

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:37 AM   #483
mamamonkmee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I did my shopping. I love black friday. Got Will Sit & Stand Giraffe and a Rideon Car. Plus the other stuff I've picked up for him. all I gotta get him now is a few more sleepers and rex from Toy story. (alex wants them all 3 to get toy story dolls for xmas)

I leave it 4 days to go to GA. I cant wait. today is Joel's birthday.

Will is so funny these days. He's developed quite a little personality he's still my most laid back baby. It's time to baby proof the house. he's into everything these days. pulling up on stuff. I'm gonna try to brave the mall alone with all 3 today to see santa and have their pic made with him.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes I had a great day other than ending up with a sick 3 year old.
mamamonkmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #484
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sweet pics, Dawn! He's a handsome little fella!
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:19 PM   #485
MrsLemon13
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi ladies!
Busy weekend here. Had a very nice Thanksgiving and did some shopping on Friday. Today we got our tree put up and some things done around the house.

I am curious to know if anyone else is having sleep problems right now. Jake is sleeping HORRIBLY. Worse even than when he was tiny. He will sleep for a 3-4 hour stretch (if we are lucky) in the beginning of the night and then he is up every 1.5 to 2 hours. The worst part is that he doesnt want to go back to sleep. he wants to roll over, babble, play. And when we try to get him to go back to sleep either by nursing/bottle/cuddles he screams bloody murder and arches his back. He has a double ear infection and is on amoxicyllin (sp) but we took him to the walk in on Saturday for a fever and he said his ears look good. The right is only slightly inflamed with some fluid. What is going on? This child went from sleeping 12 hours a night with NO wakeups to waking up frequently. I just dont get it. I just dont have the heart to let him cry alone in his crib. But this morning around 3 am he just screamed and screamed until he went to sleep. Nothing we did stopped him. Any suggestions or tips?

Oh and he was 21lbs 4oz as of last week and I would wager at least 30 inches or longer. He is literally almost too long for the changing table now. And he is definitely army crawling everywhere now. We put up the tree today so we will see how bad he is into it. How do you ladies keep your LO's out of the tree? We are in a small condo so we only have one living room and its where Jake plays 99.9% of the time.

Here's the stinker:
MrsLemon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #486
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ciera, have you heard of or tried already "The No Cry Sleep Solution"? Just like the name says it's a way to approach sleeping habits that doesn't include CIO. Might be worth checking out.

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:16 PM   #487
MrsLemon13
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks Aimee I have read it already. I may need to read it again though its been awhile. I doubt it would work for us though. Shhing and patting and comforting without picking up dont work for us. He just screams louder.
MrsLemon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:32 PM   #488
mamamonkmee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So I braved the mall yesterday alone with all 3 boys to see santa. and it actually turned out good. Will is offically cruising on furniture now. he started today. cnt wait for his daddy to see him
mamamonkmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:52 PM   #489
MyFourStars
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ciera, we're right there too. After having a few WONDERFUL weeks of waking once or twice if at all, last night Liam was UP. Crying, playing, squirming, fussing, whining, you name it. I tried everything and he was just... URGH! Needless to say, we slept like crap. Even dh woke up, and he sleeps through everything! And I swear, he will be the very last kid to crawl. He's been rocking on hands and knees for MONTHS. WTF? Go already!!!!

We did figure out one of his tummy problems was the oatmeal we've been giving him. Not only is it fortified with massive amounts of iron (seriously, what kid needs that much iron if they're already on BM or formula?!) but it has tuna oil (DHA) in it. My sensitivity to all things fishy has been passed on. It explains why he's suddenly been urping everything again, super gassy, and having nasty poops though! It's my mission to find normal oatmeal tomorrow.

My Twilight FanFic-Finding Rose *Updated Chapter 13!*
MyFourStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:26 AM   #490
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kalliann sleeps well MOST nights. But we have had some issues lately where she will sleep well the first 4-5 hours of the night and when she stirs to nurse, its impossible to get her back to sleep! Those nights her feet always end up in my mouth or wherever she chooses to swing her legs. She does nursing acrobatics during the night, lol. Its a bit annoying but usually within 30-45 minutes, she's back to sleep.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote