Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #41
tuckergirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: April 2010 Lil Peeps!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swalker97 View Post
So, when is our "reunion cruise"? I'm thinking it would be a fabulous way to celebrate the babies' first birthdays I'm sure I can talk Joshua into delaying his celebration until April, LOL!
Ooooh, how much fun would that be!!! I think my DH would insist on coming though, he totally wants to cruise someday.

And Shannon - I think Joshua gets TWO celebrations!! He had such big fight and did so awesome that he just deserves double the fun!

AFM: my s*x drive is all over the place too. Mine is mostly tied to my sleep, I think. When I've been sleep deprived for several days in a row, I just have NO interest because all I want to do is sleep. When Alex has a couple of "decent" nights (where I get more than 45 min - 1 hour at a stretch) then I'm all for it! I think it also helps that I've got no birth control right now (just condoms). So since DH is getting snipped this winter, maybe I'll just stay off BC all together. Hmmm, something to think about. At least, AFTER he gets the "all clear" whistle! LOL

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2010, 11:29 AM   #42
MrsLemon13
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ooo i love the cruise idea. Now if only I had the money to actually DO it. It could be a family cruise and we could bring all the kiddos and even the hubbies! Ah to dream.

I wish my low sex drive were tied to being tired. I cant claim I am tired with the little one sleeps for 12 hours a night. I usually get about 7 hours so its not that. I am just over it.
MrsLemon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #43
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I know that all the galacs I take lower sex drive, but I think mine is more than that. I think mine is from anxiety, but I am not ready yet to do anything medical about it.

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #44
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ohhhh, a reunion cruise would be so nice! We really should try to meet up or maybe see about meeting up in different regions on the same day. Like those on the west coast meet up, those on the east coast, those in the southern region, etc. Take pics of all the babies together and then post regional reunion pics. Yeah, I can dream too, LOL.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:50 PM   #45
tuckergirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MamaStacy* View Post
Ohhhh, a reunion cruise would be so nice! We really should try to meet up or maybe see about meeting up in different regions on the same day. Like those on the west coast meet up, those on the east coast, those in the southern region, etc. Take pics of all the babies together and then post regional reunion pics. Yeah, I can dream too, LOL.
At least your idea sounds somewhat do-able! Are you going to come up from southern TX to get together somewhere in the middle of the state? Naomi's about 90 min from me and didn't someone just move to the Dallas area recently??
Old 08-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #46
NimblePhish
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Robyn did, us Texans need to meet up. I mean it, Erin you are 90 minutes away and Robyn can't be more then 2 1/2-3 hours away from me. I just drove a 27 hour trip, 3 hours is nothing. We have more Texans out there (Stacey), I know we can find some kind of middle ground. Also Liz is in Abuquerque which isn't to far from me, but again I have a twisted sense of "far". Oh Aimee and Liz I waved to you as I passed into your respective state/city, I didn't get to close to Tuscon Aimee so I just waved hi and bye as I entered and exited AZ, and I really did it my family is convinced I am crazy now.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:18 AM   #47
tuckergirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

That's who it was!! I knew we had someone else join us down here. We really do need to do a meet up. I'm sure we'll make a trip to Abilene sometime soon at least, even if just to get out of San Angelo.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:53 AM   #48
mamamonkmee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

sorry you ladies are having s3x drive problems. I've always been the type that wants it all day everyday lol. our biggest problem is just finding time to sneek into the bedroom and lock the door for a few mins lol. without Eian getting into everything. I'm trying to get all i can before he leaves on sunday.

we had a busy weekend it was our 1st anniversary sat and we had our family going away cookout for joe that night then sunday we had a goingaway party for his friends here at the house.
mamamonkmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:07 AM   #49
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Get ready for the quoteathon from me!! everybody!!! Woot for this forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelie View Post
Hey. Writing from my BB which leaves a lot to be desired but I wanted to say I made it to the new thread.

Also, Caz, I'm thinking of you and baby amelia. I could have written your post about milk-soy free diet and bloody stools continuing. Liza has had digestion and suspected allergy issues since she was itty bitty and while the restrictions have helped some she still has tons of mucus green poop and some blood in her stools. We're sending a stool sample in to check for crazy bacteria and parasites and probably going to have some additional blood work done. Right now they are just watching her weight and checking her hemoglobin every two weeks. We got a referral for a pediatric allergist but the first available appointment (without life threatening reaction) is in five months! Let me know what happens with and baby a.
Oh Aurelie and Caz! I hope your babies are ok. Lili has a dairy sensitivity and she'll throw up, won't nurse and just have repeated poopy diapers for a few hours. It took me awhile to figure out that was it, so no more milk for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkinbaby View Post
Aurelie and Caz I'm so sorry about the sick babes.

Aimee- I've been pumping for you but not as much as I hoped but I'm getting a stash going for you.

Nayeli is rolling from back to front. I'm so cared about how fast she's going to be mobile.

I got my iphone today. I'm so excited.
Yay for rolling! I got an iPhone last weekend, I love it!! I had a super old phone so it feels really nice to be up with the times haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetgrace View Post
Whoo hoooo!

Hi Aurelie and Naomi!!!

Well our house inspection is happening this morning so hopfully the home has nothing major wrong with it. We went yesterday to look at the house again to see what needs to be painted and updated beore we move in. I have VERY slowly been going through things and packing some stuff up for the move. It is only a couple of blocks away but it still needs to be moved This will be the third time hubs and I have moved since we got married 3 1/2 years ago! PHEW!

Julie~ Yea Katie! Keep rolling over!!! Ash rolled over about 2-3 weeks ago twice and has not done it since!!!! I don't think he realizes he would be much happier if he could roll. But he loves taking his binky in and out of his mouth

SAME HERE!! Lili rolled over twice and has not since. I think it must have totally been an accident as she's totally not interested in it now. She does enjoy tummy time for longer now as she can hold her head all the way up for awhile. And yes I hear you on moving. We've been married for 5 years next month and will have moved 4 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3737 View Post
Ladies - Do people really start with solids at 3 or 4 months? I must just live in a super hippy place because I "think" all my kids were over 6 months when the doctor reminded me to start.

I'm I out of the norm??

I just ask this because my MIL with both of my other kids kept asking when I was starting solids at like 2 months - and I was like - not for a while . . . But she kept shaking her head at me.

It is nice to see everyone checking in. I've missed chatting so much.
I got a letter from the pedi that says we can start rice cereal at 4 mos. Um no There's no reason at all for her to be having solids. I think she'll be interested earlier than Gabi though (about 15 mos before she had any noticeable amounts). Gabi didn't get a tooth until 10 mos and usually solids interest can correlate with their first teeth. I can already see Lili's bottom teeth so I think they'll sprout soon! And I won't start with rice cereal..we'll have avocado and other yummy freshness.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #50
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckergirl View Post
awww, cute Aimee! Alex wants to stand too. If he's in your lap he'll try to push to standing and if you don't help him, he'll unleash the wrath of baby! Too cute though. We have a similar jumper and he really likes it. He can't quite reach the monkey toy that's on it, but it's apparently fascinating.

Turns out I have a thumb sucker too now! He's abandoned the pacifier and gets his hand to his mouth whenever he can. I was hoping it'd help him sleep longer stretches both at nap and nighttime, but it slides out of his mouth and then he wakes himself up by smacking himself in the face trying to get it back in and gets upset. darn. We're still swaddling him at night because the booger just can't keep his hands out of his face. I'm really hoping that in the next couple of months when he gets a little more control of them that he stops that. It's so frustrating to get him to sleep for a nap only to watch him smack himself and wake back up. I'm sure he's not so thrilled about it either!
Lili is obsessed with her hands and much prefers them to a paci too! I can only get her to take a wubbanub and she has to already be pretty tired and totally full. I have a million soothies around the house and she wont touch them. I need to get another wubbanub for emergencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire In The Disco View Post
Today my sweet little munchkin is 4 months old. How did this happen???? I swear she was born just a month ago!

She loves rolling over both ways, and now prefers to stand over sitting. She's been playing a LOT in her jolly jumper (the doorway hanging kind) and thinks it's the coolest thing ever. I love this baby SOOOOOOOO much!!

too cute!! Liliana prefers being upright too so I got her a bumbo. She likes it so much! I want a jumperoo for later. Going to check out some yard sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelie View Post
I think some babies are ready for solids before others. With my twins, ali started solids and did great around 5.5 months. Stuart didn't show any signs of being ready until much later---so he began eating solids around 9-10 months. I'm going to wait as long as possible with this babe to let her gut hopefully even out and heal and because it seems she may be allergy prone.

On another note, how are you guys feeling about post-partum bodies these days? I lost what I was going to lose early and recently started the hard workoff for the rest.
I'm back to normal. I've finally stopped losing weight which is awesome for me. I don't have the problem with my eating that I had before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLemon13 View Post
Oh my goodness dont ask me about my body. I lost all but 15 pounds of what I had gained and now I have gained back at least 10 pounds. I too cannot seem to stop eating. I dont think I eat too much more than I did when I was not pregnant, but its hard for me to remember since its been so stinkin' long. I am NOT happy with myself right now, but I am not ready to make a commitment to eating less/going to the gym yet either.

We arent starting solids until 6 months or so. When he can sit up with assistance, when he loses his tongue-thrust reflex, when he has a pincer grasp, and when he shows more interest in foods. So quite likely around 6 months for sure. He looks at us while we are eating now, but thats the only readiness sign I see at all. And I want his tummy to be fully able to handle food so we will wait. No rush here.

I have a question. Is anyone having problems with their sex drives? I have absolutely NO interest in sex these days. I get plenty of sleep and I am always tired, and I have zero interest in having sex. ::sigh:: Poor DH. Am I the only one? I am wondering what is going on. Its not my thyroid because I had that checked. Anyone have any other suggestions?

I actually had a crazy drive for a while much to DH's excitement It's give or take now but still light years better then after having Gabi. I wanted nothing to do with sex for like 2 years It makes me wonder if my cycle will come back sooner.