Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2010, 09:47 AM   #491
Aurelie
Registered Users
seller

Re: April 2010 Lil Peeps!!!

liza is a pretty terrible sleeper, but she's always been a pretty terrible sleeper. She wakes up usually 3 times a night to nurse and then cries in her sleep several times as she is transitioning from sleep cycles I assume. If we try to really comfort her during one of these and wake her fully she's a little monster for about 20 minutes till she falls back asleep. If we just let her whimper for a minute or rub her back she will settle into another sleep. I'm such a light sleeper that it drives me nuts because I'm essentially up every hour to hour and a half, even if I don't get out of bed. My husband doesn't even realize she's a rotten sleeper.

Advertisement

Old 11-29-2010, 10:45 AM   #492
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Robyn: Cecilia is still nowhere near crawling either. She's not even rocking on hands and knees, though she can now actually push up on her hands.

Aurelie: I'm a light sleeper too. It drives me insane that my husband sleeps through it all!! So not fair!!

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:06 PM   #493
punkinbaby
Registered Users
Formerly: vegaslibra
seller

My Mood:

Dawn- cute pic I can't believe you got a good pic of three boys. I can't get a good pic of two to save my life.

Ciera- He's getting so big. Sorry about the sleeping.

Nayeli is officially crawling now. She learned to clap on Thanksgiving. Sooooo cute she also dances all the time now. I love this stage when they're just start doing so many new things.

I went out for black friday and got all my shopping for the girls done. Now I just have to get dh's family and him. I have no idea what to get them.

I already got my Christmas present. I got a Nikon d5000 now I just have to figure out how to use it.
punkinbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #494
MyFourStars
Registered Users

My Mood:

Holy shizz, Batman. Liam just pooped a rock followed by ten pounds of prune juice poo. He has since been MUCH better and took a nice long, restful nap.

So is it the general consensus that 8 months old is a pretty sucky sleep period?

My Twilight FanFic-Finding Rose *Updated Chapter 13!*
MyFourStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:18 PM   #495
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFourStars View Post
Holy shizz, Batman. Liam just pooped a rock followed by ten pounds of prune juice poo. He has since been MUCH better and took a nice long, restful nap.

So is it the general consensus that 8 months old is a pretty sucky sleep period?
Yes!

Katie has woken up every 2-3 hours since birth - to eat (minus the jaundiced period where I HAD to wake her up - LOL). I haven't slept more than 2 hours in a row since she was born.

Aurelie - Missed you - hope you guys are doing well.

Dawn - That santa picture is so good.

Ciera - Does motrin help him with the pain? The antibiotics work on the infection, but the fluid and the pressure get helped by the motrin. BTW - Your little guy looks like such a little man in his pic. Too cute.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:10 AM   #496
mamamonkmee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With all I went through to get to see santa. the boys must have known to take a good picture. I drove the 45 mins to mall with all 3 kids alone. only to realize 5 minutes from the mall that I didnt have my debit card and no cash. drive the 45 mins back home to find the freakin card was in my car. drive the 45 back and had to walk around for 20 mins cuz eian was asleep.

***I leave tomorrow afternoon to go to Ft Benning GA. and I get to bring Joe home on Friday. Sadly he'll only be home til dec 11th. and then has to report to Ft Drum NY. Benning lost Eian's paper work and could get Joel's orders changed so he has to go early to try to get them to change them there. which means delay in us following him in Jan. no idea how long or where we will go. Sucks but what can ya do Know what I mean. I was so looking forward to the start of the year to start a new chapter in our lives but soon I hope. atleast I get to send our laptop with him so he can video chat with us til we get to go with him.
mamamonkmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:51 AM   #497
MyFourStars
Registered Users

My Mood:

Dawn that sucks, about "losing" your card and driving around, and them losing the paperwork. The military has a tendency to do though!

Another AWFUL night. This time I had to just take him out of bed and let him play from 1 to 3. I gave him a bottle of pumped milk at three. He had four ounces then passed out, but woke up again at 4, then 5. DH woke me up at 6:30 and I cried. I'm just exhausted. Of course, Liam's still sleeping like a lamb... Slept the entire way to school (we drove today, the three whole blocks), and I put him back in bed.

My Twilight FanFic-Finding Rose *Updated Chapter 13!*
MyFourStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:42 AM   #498
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Robyn - I'm so sorry - is there any chance of a nap in the future???

Dawn - That is so frustrating - all of it - the card, the missing paperwork. Have a safe trip!!!

AFM: I think I forgot to share my Thanksgiving weekend story. I'll keep it brief. Basically my 2 year old was playing on a chair and took a header off and onto the flagstone fireplace . . .

Three staples in her head later . . . the bleeding stopped and the huge gash is under control. She was so brave. She didn't cry at all when they gave her the shots to numb it and cleaned and irrigated it or when they stapled her. I was so worried they were going to have to cut her tiny amount of hair we have been working on for 2 years - but we are intact.

Crazy toddlers!! I almost passed out like 3 times.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:29 AM   #499
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Julie~ Poor little thing! That would seriously make me want to pass out too! It was awful when DS dropped a can of soup on his toe and it swelled and turned black and blue and then he eventually lost his nail. I can't imagine him getting staples in his head!

Dawn~ How frusterating!!!!!! My blood pressure would have been screaming by the end of it all!

I am debating weather to keep Asher sleeping with us or trying to move him into his own room. Part of me wants to just continue to let him sleep with us but he uses me as a pacifier and I really would like to have some 1 on 1 time (no pun intended )with dear hubby. With DS1 we moved him out of our bed and into his own crib and room at 8 months. We let him CIO as I went in every 15 min. and rubbed his tummy to let him know I was still there. He litterally cried ALL night and then the next night he only cried a little and by the third night he slept for 12 hours straight (and still does). Is there a different way that I can achieve the same results for Ash without letting him cry? Does anybody have any experience with another method with any of their other children? Books?
Old 12-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #500
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Elizabeth Pantley's The No Cry Sleep Solution. It takes longer to implement, but I have heard it works very well.

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote