Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #501
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 2010 Lil Peeps!!!

Kalli sleeps in her own bed, but in our room. She goes down around 10pm in her own bed and sleeps til about 3am. She nurses and snuggles with me for about an hour, then goes back in her bed til she wakes up about 7am to nurse again. DH works nights so I could technically be letting her sleep with me still if I wanted. But she's a belly sleeper and I have not felt comfortable letting her sleep on her belly in my bed. Kimberlyn is almost 3 and still sleeps in our room, again, in her own bed. I think you should do what you feel is best and take slow steps in doing so. I know my DH is glad that she's not sleeping with us anymore for the nights he is home and off work.

Advertisement

Kylyn Leigh born 10/31/2015
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:41 AM   #502
mamamonkmee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

All 3 of my boys sleep in bed with me but it's gotten to crowded and we are in process of getting them in their own beds. All 3 are wild sleepers toss, turn, kick all night.
mamamonkmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #503
tuckergirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

I need to bookmark this thread. I keep forgetting to come back and then I wonder why I'm so crabby and cranky about not having other people to talk to about this stage! *go figure*

Hey - anyone here used those mesh feeders? We just got them for Alex and he loves them because he can eat banana and avocado (which otherwise slide right out of his hands), but I can't figure out how to clean the darn things! The dishwasher leaves food bits in them.

I posted that on facebook too and I have to laugh because while I was typing this, Robyn answered me! Gotta love you April ladies. :-)
Old 12-03-2010, 11:33 AM   #504
punkinbaby
Registered Users
Formerly: vegaslibra
seller

My Mood:

Erin, I crush cheerios and then roll the avocado and bananas in them so they aren't so slippery. So they can pick them up easier.
punkinbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:46 AM   #505
MyFourStars
Registered Users

My Mood:

I hate those feeders! LOL

Liam is still in our bed 75% of the time. At least he started taking naps in his crib.

L had a massive amount of development over the past three days. He started clapping (sarcastically. Very funny.), signing "more" and "no", using a good pincer grasp, and getting around on his butt from a sitting position. Still no teeth or crawling Oh, we also found out he's sensitive to tomatoes. We had spaghetti the other night and everywhere the marinara touched him broke out in a red splotch. His eye turned bright red and was super swollen too. Poor baby!

My Twilight FanFic-Finding Rose *Updated Chapter 13!*
MyFourStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:23 PM   #506
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use a mesh feeder, Erin, for avocado. Because we're not doing grains until 12-18 months, we can't do the crushed Cheerios method. I clean the mesh feeder by hand. I just knock out the leftover blob of avocado, then turn the feeder inside out and wash off the goop. Then I turn it back to right side out and wash again. Then it gets sterilized in the dishwasher.

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #507
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Hiiiiiiiiii!

Crawling here.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SO much crap everywhere that she's eating...aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh...I need a gate. Pack and play equals screaming in 5 mins b/c she can't go anywhere. I bet she'd just go up to the gate and scream though lol.

We just finished up moving and she decided to start crawling the day we loaded the truck and turned 7 months. Goodness gracious I'm so not ready for this. She's super fast now and is crawling traditionally. At first it was a scoot but that only lasted a week. Her bottom teeth are much more evident now and her gnawing on my face as she usually does is painful now haha.

Mesh feeders--haven't done those in a while but yea, total pain to clean. We don't have a dishwasher so I attack it right away with a toothbrush and hot water/soap. If it dries forget it! I started her on Little Puffs and although it's amazing for the car seat screaming (I just slip her a puff as I'm buckling her in and voila..no crying!) it's constipating her It's the iron I suppose and makes her totally gassy. So I'll have to hold off except for dire situations!

Still co sleeping here. I can't find the small amber necklace I had and I think I'm just going to have to buy another. She's nursing non stop at night and I know it's her teeth. I'm soooo tired.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:38 PM   #508
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh and hugs Ciera! I agree with others that this time is just sucky for sleeping. They've got a lot going on developmentally and I think it's understandable. I won't try to transition her until after she's 1. We'll night wean first, then try to move her out of our bed at around 18 months. Thankfully she nurses back to sleep over and over so while it's tiring rolling over all night long, I'm generally rested enough. Dh is back to working night shift and we're renovating the house we've moved too. We're all sleeping in one room and so I just let even Gabi sleep with me to keep the peace.

I read No Cry and tried it with Gabi...fail LOL. I had to go super nanny on her at 20 months with weaning and 26 months with sleeping in her bed. But at that age, she's totally capable of understanding what it means to go to bed and I wouldn't CIO with an infant. Does he like to be worn? I wear Lili down for all of her naps and at bedtime since she'll usually be too full to nurse to sleep.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:39 PM   #509
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dawn what a sweet pic of you and your soldier!!
Old 12-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #510
mamamonkmee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you. It's so nice having him home. I'm gonna be lost when he leaves again on Sat.
Here we are at graduation Will in his BabyHawk
mamamonkmee is offline   Reply With Quote