Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #511
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 2010 Lil Peeps!!!

Cecilia is 8 months old today. It's so hard to believe that we're this close to a year.

She is having a pretty hard time lately. She is extremely frustrated with her lack of forward movement (she has the scooting backward thing down). It makes her very, very angry. She's also cutting her top front teeth and they seem to be bothering her, even though the bottom 4 came in with no problem.

Whether it's the frustration or the pain or some combination of that or other factors, her sleep just plain sucks. We're up 3-4 times a night now instead of the 1 we used to be. Add to it that bare nursing isn't enough anymore at night and it makes for one tired mama since I need to be sitting up to supplement her with the SNS (she won't take a bottle).

I hope this passes soon. I am exhausted.

Advertisement

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:27 PM   #512
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dawn - You guys look so cute - what a handsome soldier.

Aimee - Ahhh on the teeth. I "thought" last month we were getting a tooth. No dice. She will be a nine month first tooth babe like my other ones. LOL. Katie is sitting great now - getting up on her hands and knees and rocking, and scooting around all over the floor. She has also started to babble like crazy (my other two - especially my Danny) - kinda skipped a lot of babbling. Danny was a super late talker and I was worried about it like crazy.

Anyhow Katie has been saying enough that even my two year old stops and says, "Mommy Katie is talking." She loves to talk in the car to her siblings. It is super cute.

Hope everyone is doing well!!
Old 12-06-2010, 11:45 PM   #513
punkinbaby
Registered Users
Formerly: vegaslibra
seller

My Mood:

Dawn- Good pic

Aimee- Poor Cecilia. She will get it soon.

Julie- So cute I love baby babbles

It was so cute today Nayeli saw the cat's water, which she loves to play in, she started crawling towards it and I told her "don't even think about it" She started crawling really fast trying to get there before I could stop her. She's going to be such a stinker.
punkinbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:04 AM   #514
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkinbaby View Post
Dawn- Good pic

Aimee- Poor Cecilia. She will get it soon.

Julie- So cute I love baby babbles

It was so cute today Nayeli saw the cat's water, which she loves to play in, she started crawling towards it and I told her "don't even think about it" She started crawling really fast trying to get there before I could stop her. She's going to be such a stinker.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:55 AM   #515
tuckergirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Dawn - I was drooling over your babyhawk when you put your facebook pictures up! I love my pattern (one side girly for me, one side gender neutral), but yours is gorgeous!!!

Aimee - once she gets that forward motion, it's amazing how the crankies will calm down. Alex screamed almost nonstop for 2-3 weeks because he was just so FRUSTRATED that he couldn't do what he wanted to. Now he half crawls/half inchworms, but it's enough to get where he wants to go so he's less screamy about it.

Course, it also means that if he wants to be picked up and I'm trying to finish what I'm doing first (like getting dressed or brushing my teeth!), he'll crawl after me and hang on my legs whining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkinbaby View Post

My DD actually ATE a couple of pieces of cat food when she was around 10 months! She loved their food and water dishes and I had to gate the kitchen to keep her out of them. Luckily in our house now we have them in the pantry with the door closed. Alex keeps going for our shoes - yuck! Not a chew toy!
Old 12-07-2010, 08:23 AM   #516
mamamonkmee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Erin- I ordered it from FROG Mama Carriers. I traded her one of my wraps for credit only cost me $30 cash after. I love it. Im just getting used to it. didnt know i could put his arms out the first few times i used it and he hated it. once I figured it out he's happy.

Life is back to normal around here. it's gonna suck saturday when i take him back to fly to NY. I "heard" it can take up to 6 months for Army to work out the details on switching Forts. Ugh if it looks like it Im gonna say bump it and move to NY and suck it up.
mamamonkmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:37 AM   #517
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dawn~ Love the pic!

Heather~ A crawler already!!! Whoa! That's probably keeping you busy

Julie~ How late did Danny start talking? My SIL's little boy is 18m and not talking yet and she is getting a little worried.

about the cat food. Tooooo funny!

AFM: Things are pretty good. I have spent far too much money for Christmas already and we are trying to get out of debt! I told hubby we would start in the new year to get out of debt The great sales are what's killing me! That and I haven't bought new clothes for myself (besides maternity) for over 2-3 years so I have been going crazy now that I am back to my pre-preg weight.
Ash has been really fussy, trouble sleeping, and is hating eating any food right now. I am almost wondering if he isn't having trouble with his top teeth coming in already. He is not crawling yet but army crawls and pushes with his right foot to scoot. Also, his weight is staying a little more consistant (thank goodness!) and isn't blasting through baby clothes as much. I sware I couldn't keep up with his size in clothes in his dresser and closet. Anyhoo, he is still my smiley tank of a boy and we are loving every stage!
Old 12-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #518
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dawn - The Frog Mama lives in my hometown - Redding, CA - kinda cool.

Tawny - Yea - 18 months is kinda borderline. I remember being pregnant with DD1 and on bedrest (they are 18 months apart) and sitting writing down the words that he had. I was so worried. At that stage he had about 10 solid words. But by 2 he was past the 50. I would definitely look into it. The Early Intervention people are so nice. Is she is Oregon? Our EI services are handled by our local ESD (educational service district). For the most part they do services from birth all the way up to school age. Which is great because a lot of places transfer over coordination of services at 3, but not in Oregon.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:00 AM   #519
MyFourStars
Registered Users

My Mood:

So. Tired. Only one other kid wouldn't take a pacifier and she was just as miserable to deal with at night until 14 months.

My Twilight FanFic-Finding Rose *Updated Chapter 13!*
MyFourStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:11 AM   #520
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Julie thanks for the info. Yes they live right down the road from us. He knows the word daddy and I think she said he knows maybe one other word. He knows some sign language and was wondering, sense he knows how to communicate using sign, why bother with words. ? It seems like most of the babies I have known to use sign language are later talkers. Thats just my observational experience though. Maybe thats just a coincidence.

Robyn~ SS you are having crappy time sleeping. Ash won't take a paci either, hence I am the pacifier too.

I gave Ash some Tylenol last night before bed and he slept much better then the last two. I actually got some sleep last night, Phew!