Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2010, 02:39 PM   #531
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 2010 Lil Peeps!!!

Interesting. I bought the baby kind, is that good enough?

Advertisement

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #532
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire In The Disco View Post
Interesting. I bought the baby kind, is that good enough?
Yep - use the baby kind.

SS about the cold - developing immunities right?? Katie has been the least sick of the three (knock on wood) maybe because she was a spring baby.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #533
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm really thankful that this is the first time she's been sick. I attribute it to all the immunities from all her milky mamas!

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #534
MrsLemon13
Registered Users

My Mood:

Checkin in ladies!
Busy, busy here with school and family. Robyn I hear you on the diapers. I dont think he was in smalls for longer than 8 weeks, if that! We use our BG organics, BG OS 4.0's and the occasional fitted/cover. I am worried though that he is going to outgrow the BG AIO's before too long. We are at almost 22 pounds so its certainly not far off. He has been gaining about 1 1/2 pounds a month lately. So he will certainly outgrow them before he potty learns. Anyone have a good suggestions for bigger babies and CD's? I see us having to redo our stash down the road.

Sleep here has been freakin' awful. Ugh. He wakes up....a lot. I dont know if he's gotten into the habit of it, or if he is waking up from other things. Because he was sick with a cough/cold/ear infection for almost the last 2 months and teething to boot. He has his two bottom teeth and one top tooth, and the other is coming in now. So I dont know if that is playing a part. I also feel like he just cant STOP. He just wants to go, and go, and go! I literally have to physically hold him down (in the form of cuddles) for naps at home before he will fall asleep. And he fights it the whole time trying to roll over and scoot away. He has pushed his bedtime back too which is fine. But he has decided now that 5-5:30 am is a GREAT time to wake up and either fuss until he gets a bottle or babble away. So sleep around here sucks.

In spite of all this I find myself really wanting another, like, yesterday. We cannot possibly afford another one right now but that doesnt stop the want. I miss having a little tiny babe to cuddle with. I feel like a bad parent because I cant wait until he wakes up at night and can come in our bed with us. I miss him when he is far away from me, especially when he is away from me for so much of the day during the week. And night is really the only time he will really cuddle with me anymore )-: He's just too busy lately. He pulled up at daycare on Friday and stood for a few seconds. He hasnt done it yet for us though. And I found some Happy Baby Yogurt Drops today at Whole Foods which he loves.

We are going to take him to see Santa next weekend. I am excited for that. And this week is my last week of school before the break. I cant wait for two whole weeks home with my little guy! Yay!! AND his first Christmas!
MrsLemon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:09 AM   #535
daisymomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey Ladies!!!Sounds like all our little April babies are growing.Josh is doing wonderful minus the expected ear problems due to his microtia(underdeveloped ear and no ear canal on left side). He is sitting,rolling ,army crawling and working to regular crawl,pulling to a stand,clapping ,waving and talking up a storm.So far we have had a wonderful nursing relationship with the exception of his burn.
I have found the best diaper on him so far are Fuzzi Bunz perfect size Medium and Blueberry Minky in Medium.Last check he was around 18 lbs and 27 inches.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:00 AM   #536
mamamonkmee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

When Will is in cloth he's in BGOS on mediumish setting. In sposies i buy size 4 cuz they fit Eian and Will. but if I was buying just for Will i'd buy size 3. Will's been holding steady at 19lbs for the last couple dr visits.

I dropped Joel off at the airport yesterday he's in NY now. no telling when we'll be joining him there or wherever they send him. it really sucks. This will be the 1st christmas he aint been here with us in 6 years. even 2 years ago when we were split up we still got together for christmas with the kids.

I just cant get in the christmas mood this year. normally by now all my gifts are bought wrapped and only thing we watch are christmas movies and listen to christmas music but i still havent finished my shopping or wrapping. only a few movies have been watched. I know it's cuz all thats going on. I'm just in the dumps and I gotta get it together.
mamamonkmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:31 AM   #537
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

Glad to see I am not the only one having sleep issues! lol. Still sleeping horribly here.

As far as diapers go, our stash consists of small perfect fit FB (which fit SO awesome,) mid-range Megaroos extended tab prefolds, medium Fishnoodles covers, 8 BG Organics w/snaps and then a drawer full of flats. I like variety in our stash, I can reach for whatever I feel like using. These days I am using ALOT of the FB though, I have about 2 dozen of them and pretty much reach for them exclusively. I don't see her moving to medium FB anytime soon. My avatar pic is her in a small, LOTS of growing room!

On Friday night (the 10th) DH and I went Christmas shopping for the kids. We dropped them off at my moms house (4 houses down) on the way out. We have 2 outdoor dogs, a Chocolate Lab (8 mos) and a Golden Retriever (9 mos.) We normally put the lab (Kisses) in her kennel when we leave the house cuz she tries to follow us out the driveway. I didn't put her in the kennel though before we left. My dad called us less than an hour later to tell us that our lab had been hit and was dead in the middle of the road. I still can't stop crying, I should've put her up in her kennel. My kids are beside themselves, they got her for their birthday in June from a neighbor. She was a part of our family, she will be greatly missed.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #538
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dawn - I would be so sad. When will you guys be together?

Stacy - That poor puppy. I'm so sorry.

Not to be a downer - but we are sick. DS has pink eye and I think we might all be getting it (I definitely have the cold virus, but it hasn't made it yet to my eye).
Old 12-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #539
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

Julie~The neighbor we got Kisses from has an 8 week old litter. She's giving us a black one for my kids for Christmas. I think it will help them get through this as these pups have the same mommy and daddy as Kisses did. It was just tragic that this had to happen so close to Christmas.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:26 PM   #540
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ciera~ I know how you feel about having another but are not ready yet. Ash still sleeps with us and I love it too I know I need to move him into his own spacebut I love the midnight cuddling.

Dawn~ This must be hard on you and the kids,especially this time of year.

Stacy~ SS about your dog It has always been very tramatic for me when I lost my chilhood cat and dog that I don't know if I can ever bring myself to get another pet.

Missy~

Julie~ Bummer you guys are sick. Thats always the pits.

We tried egg yolk today for the first time and Ash seemed to like it quie a bit. He has not taken to purees very well but totally digs it when I just give him a slice of Avacado or a chunk of banana. We've also started giving him a whole wholewheat crackers. He just likes to feed himself I think. So, I think I am going to try and finish up the purees and just give him whatever we are eating. He even likes to play with the spoon.

How do I keep Ash from taking a HUGE bite of something, like avacado. I gave him a slice of avacado and he took an enormous bit out of it when I wasn't looking. I was so afraid of him choking. I mean, do you guys just let them figure it out on their own or do I take it out of his mouth?