Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #51
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 2010 Lil Peeps!!!

So hey! Update on us. Lilster is 12 lbs 5 oz after a super growth spurt the past two weeks. She was gaining about a lb a month and all of sudden decided to gain 1.5 lbs in 2 weeks She's not any longer so it's fun to see a bit of chub! She's loving toys now..to eat haha and just a happy kid.

We're working on EC a lot more (just poop lol) and we've caught it all for a week now woot! I just caught her wetting too but I don't focus on that. We're gearing up to move probably next month. My great grandmother's house is vacant and about 45 mins from where DH works. My grandma is letting us stay there for free! Praise God! So we can afford to keep our house on the market and when it does sell save up sooooo much. I can't wait to be financially free. It's the only thing that's a strain in our relationship.

Advertisement

Old 08-09-2010, 09:34 AM   #52
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Heather, that is wonderful news!! I know how you feel about finances. We're so far in the hole. We bought our house before the housing bubble (oh, to have been psychic then....) and therefore we're totally upside-down in our mortgage, far enough that we can't refinance. BUT if we tried the TARP program, it wouldn't save us more than $40 a month and would put a hit on our credit. So we're going through as best we can with a really tight budget, and when housing values go up eventually, we'll refinance then. I wish I could have it all-- be a SAHM AND not be deeply in debt. Right now it's unrealistic, so I'm keeping the first one and hoping someday to have the second! Money is the biggest strain in our relationship too, but I guarantee that if I was working, that would be an even bigger strain.

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:42 AM   #53
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire In The Disco View Post
Heather, that is wonderful news!! I know how you feel about finances. We're so far in the hole. We bought our house before the housing bubble (oh, to have been psychic then....) and therefore we're totally upside-down in our mortgage, far enough that we can't refinance. BUT if we tried the TARP program, it wouldn't save us more than $40 a month and would put a hit on our credit. So we're going through as best we can with a really tight budget, and when housing values go up eventually, we'll refinance then. I wish I could have it all-- be a SAHM AND not be deeply in debt. Right now it's unrealistic, so I'm keeping the first one and hoping someday to have the second! Money is the biggest strain in our relationship too, but I guarantee that if I was working, that would be an even bigger strain.

Oh are you staying home and not working from home?! I know that's what you wanted! Yea, we made all these plans and then having kids derailed things but it's the best thing that could have happened to us. SS you guys are upside down We're not, but realtor fees will makes us lose overall. There's been lots of interest all summer, even had people talk to lenders, but no offers
Old 08-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #54
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, I am staying home!! Last week was my last week at work, but I took all my vacation time, so I really didn't work at all after coming back from my maternity leave. I am SO happy, even if we are up to our ears in debt! It's the sacrifice we deemed best to make. It wouldn't be a very happy home if I was working and we made more money, but I was miserable.

, , ,
Old 08-09-2010, 10:16 AM   #55
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Heather - Totally have missed you!!! That is great news about your grandma's house. What a relief. Hey Mama - if you get time again to knit - I've got some super yummy yarn that needs to be made into some beautiful longies.

Aimee - Good for you guys on making such a big decision. I know you really wanted to stay home. I'm so excited you guys are making it work.

AFM: We are good. DH has his big "V' procedure scheduled for next month - kinda crazy - but I guess we are "DONE". So strange to think that Katie was "unplanned", but I couldn't imagine our lives without her. What a crazy last 12 months.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:25 AM   #56
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Yes, I am staying home!! Last week was my last week at work, but I took all my vacation time, so I really didn't work at all after coming back from my maternity leave. I am SO happy, even if we are up to our ears in debt! It's the sacrifice we deemed best to make. It wouldn't be a very happy home if I was working and we made more money, but I was miserable.
Well woohoo!!! I'm so happy to hear that! I never got my career started so just about anything I'd even be interested in doing won't even cover daycare. Some days I want to work so badly, but others I just cant even imagine being away from them.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:38 AM   #57
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3737 View Post
Heather - Totally have missed you!!! That is great news about your grandma's house. What a relief. Hey Mama - if you get time again to knit - I've got some super yummy yarn that needs to be made into some beautiful longies.

Aimee - Good for you guys on making such a big decision. I know you really wanted to stay home. I'm so excited you guys are making it work.

AFM: We are good. DH has his big "V' procedure scheduled for next month - kinda crazy - but I guess we are "DONE". So strange to think that Katie was "unplanned", but I couldn't imagine our lives without her. What a crazy last 12 months.
Haha! Well idk, maybe in the fall after we move. I love to help you ladies out if you're happy with my work.

I wonder if we're done too. DH says he'd love a boy..makes me think he won't love a girl but financially he's pretty stressed out and the thought of having another doesn't make dollars and sense to him. But umm..he's not preventing so umm..ok? LOL. AF is a long way off so we'll see.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:49 AM   #58
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hear you on careers. As good as my last job was, and it really was a great place to work, it was nothing more than a job to me. I certainly was never passionate about it.

My thought process is that when Cecilia and the future kidlet(s) are school age, I will probably be home schooling them, and I might start going back to school myself. My first choice at the moment would be to become a birth doula. We'll see if I feel the same way when my kids are older and I am more removed from my own births, but I think I will still want to be a doula!

, , ,
Old 08-09-2010, 10:57 AM   #59
mamamonkmee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wanna open my own photography studio. I'm planning on doing online business classes or going back to school once we get settled after we go with dh to his first station next summer.

for now i stay home with the 3 kids. only makes since daycare plus getting someone to take eian to therapy and such I wouldnt make enough to cover it.

Will aka tubus is about to out grow his small BG. time to list them and upgrade to os diapers. acc ording to the scale at our house he's around 20lbs. he goes to dr on the 19th gotta move him to a different carseat soon as I get alex a new one
mamamonkmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #60
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamonkmee View Post
I wanna open my own photography studio. I'm planning on doing online business classes or going back to school once we get settled after we go with dh to his first station next summer.

for now i stay home with the 3 kids. only makes since daycare plus getting someone to take eian to therapy and such I wouldnt make enough to cover it.

Will aka tubus is about to out grow his small BG. time to list them and upgrade to os diapers. acc ording to the scale at our house he's around 20lbs. he goes to dr on the 19th gotta move him to a different carseat soon as I get alex a new one
He's still in small bgs?!?! Liliana is out of them now b/c her waist is so big I found red marks yesterday on her legs 20 lbs wow!

Quote:
I hear you on careers. As good as my last job was, and it really was a great place to work, it was nothing more than a job to me. I certainly was never passionate about it.

My thought process is that when Cecilia and the future kidlet(s) are school age, I will probably be home schooling them, and I might start going back to school myself. My first choice at the moment would be to become a birth doula. We'll see if I feel the same way when my kids are older and I am more removed from my own births, but I think I will still want to be a doula!
Being a doula would be great! I'd very much like to be a childbirth/breastfeeding educator. I don't have the personality to be a doula. But just getting the facts out would be fab.