Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2011, 10:34 AM   #601
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 2010 Lil Peeps!!!

First birthdays are too close! Aaaaaagh!

Wednesday is Cece's WBV, I am interested to see where she is. At 6 months she was 25th for height, 10th for weight and 75th for noggin.

Advertisement

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,

Last edited by Fire In The Disco; 01-10-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:16 AM   #602
mamamonkmee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Since Alex and Will's birthdays are 10 days apart Will is gonna be 1 on the 9th and Alex will be 6 on the 19th we will be coming back to town to celebrate with all our family and friends. Alex told me he wants a lego party and Will wants a soldier party so we are having a army lego party lol. lots of legos and camo
mamamonkmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:20 PM   #603
MrsLemon13
Registered Users

My Mood:

I seriously cannot fathom that our babies are this.close. to 1 year old!
Its been busy here. School is back in session and the weeks are flying by again I found out some good news about my schooling. It seems that if my appeal is denied all that I need to do is wait a year and reapply to my program to finish. So yay for that! Its not ideal but its better than just not getting my degree (which is what I thought might happen).

Jake is sick again, double ear infection. Poor thing spiked a fever today of 103. He is on Zithromax and I hope he starts feeling better soon. If I thought his sleep was crap before its nothing compared to now. Awake every hour or less. Ugh. I am so ready for him to start sleeping again. I hope every night that he is going to suddenly decide to start sleeping through the night. I honestly think that we might do a bit of controlled crying after he is 1. Not that I will let him scream for hours upon end. But something has to give. My husband and I are now taking turns sleeping in the nursery on the twin mattress with him. Because now whenever he is in our bed he tosses and turns all night long and wakes up every 20 minutes. We both work, so I cant keep doing this for much longer.

Is anyone NOT having a huge, perfectly planned first birthday party? Another board I frequent is a bit more mainstream (or a lot) and they are all posting about the "theme" for their kiddo's parties. And some of the pictures they are posting are like, Whoa! I was just thinking of a small family party. I didnt even think a "theme" was necessary. Am I being lazy? Should I kick my own butt and plan a huge shindig for his first birthday?

Oh and Jake gained almost a pound in 2 weeks! Go Jake! What are you getting the LO's for their birthdays? Is it sad that I have no desire to plan a huge party for him but I already know what I want to get him? I want to get him a boy doll, like this one and some playsilks. He LOVES dolls. He plays with them at daycare and he tries to steal them from other babies when we are out and about . DH doesnt love the idea but I dont care. Boys can play with dolls too.

I hear the monster, gotta run!
MrsLemon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:29 PM   #604
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

April is generally gorgeous here in the desert, so our plan as of right now is to rent a ramada at a park and enjoy some BBQ and cake, while all the kids who come can run around like crazy. That's about it!

, , ,
Old 01-10-2011, 07:55 PM   #605
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hmmmm....haven't thought about the party yet. I say if you want a small b-day party, go for it! He is not going to care and he won't even really care about the gifts still. It's more for the parents A small party sounds good to me With our first I had a "theme" but realized how silly it really was because he didn't even know or care who Thomas the train really was. I guess it was really mainly for the other older kids that came to his b-day and for myself. I don't know....I really did have fun planning it though. Hahaha, I just realized I am probably no help
Old 01-11-2011, 07:25 AM   #606
MyFourStars
Registered Users

My Mood:

Our "theme" might depend on the Gymboree line that's out at the time I think it's going to be frogs though, and while I like frogs, I'm not sure I want to do a birthday party around it. Because he's our last, I DO want to have a "real" party for him with a few people from the neighborhood. I guess that's not really a huge party, but with our others we didn't do ANY party at all, just cake at home, so it's a pretty big deal to have other people over LOL! I'm thinking if nothing else, we'll do a koala cake and some jungle-y type party stuff (I know, they don't live in the jungle, but kids don't care and I doubt Liam will know the difference). Regardless, the party won't be huge at all. We don't have family here

I'm sorry Jake is sick! My second got EIs a lot and she was so grumpy all the time. A good sleeper though, not sure why...

Liam started standing up in the middle of the room. W.T.Eff. I think that even though he crawled a little late (well, later than my others anyway), he'll be walking before his birthday.

My Twilight FanFic-Finding Rose *Updated Chapter 13!*
MyFourStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #607
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:

We don't live near any family, and only have a small handful of friends in the area, so no party here. We hadn't had a party for DS until this past year when he turned 4 and had enough "friends" (i.e., daycare classmates) to invite.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #608
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just got back from Cecilia's 9 month appointment.

The good: Cecilia's growth is AWESOME. She's in the 15th percentile for weight (10th at 6 months), 50th for length (25th at 6 months) and 75th for head (same at 6 months). Her pedi was pretty happy to see how she keeps jumping up to the next percentile line at each appointment. Weight 16lbs 3oz lbs, length 27", head 45 cm.

The bad: She is anemic. I don't know what normal hemoglobin levels are for 9 month old babies, but hers is a 9.8 on the meter used at the pediatrician. She said that Cece is "a little anemic."

The big problem with dealing with the anemia is that Cece is not a big eater at all. In fact, she hardly eats anything, although she's game to try anything I give her. We have never been a cereals and purees kind of family, but I am thinking of trying some organic whole grain baby oatmeal and seeing if I can get her to eat enough for it to work.

, , ,
Old 01-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #609
MyFourStars
Registered Users

My Mood:

Be REALLY careful if you're going to jump right into cereal. Liam's first poo after cereal was rock hard, dark green, and miserable. The sudden addition of that much iron destroyed his tummy! You may want to try iron rich foods first. Beans and lentils are good, baked potatoes with the skin, and dry cereal (enriched, but not the baby cereal) are all great. There's this line of food called "Sprout". It's organic, Tyler Florence created it, and it's SO GOOD... He has a couple good things in there (Sweet potato and white beans comes to mind) that should help without the green poo factor.

Beef liver has super high levels of heme-iron, but I'm not sure how keen you are on the idea of feeding her liver... Liam likes it though.

My Twilight FanFic-Finding Rose *Updated Chapter 13!*
MyFourStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #610
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, we did some oatmeal mixed with beef and veggie stew yesterday. Her poop today was definitely more, uh, voluminous, but it didn't seem to hurt her. I gave her baby food stew from Plum Organics, but I also made a big crock pot full of beef, veggie, lentil and bean stew last night and will be giving that to her now. She did let me spoon feed her, amazingly enough, as long as I did it one spoonful at a time with resting for about a minute between bites. So basically she sat in the high chair for like an hour while I puttered around cleaning and stuff and I would stop and give her a spoonful in a drive-by manner.

, , ,