Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-31-2011, 01:55 PM   #881
tuckergirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: April 2010 Lil Peeps!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFourStars View Post
Add Liam to the climbers. With his long legs, nothing is safe. The only good part of the whole thing is that it only took him one fall to figure out how to climb DOWN I caught him, but it scared him enough to carefully back down off whatever he's on.

How are the babies with the water? Liam LOOOOOOVES being outside and in whatever water he can find. Our friends have an above ground pool that we've been in a few times and he's as happy as a clam floating around in it.
Well with triple digit temps in May we need pools, huh Robyn?? LOL We just got a new one. We had a $20 one from walmart last year, it was maybe 6 feet long, 4 feet wide or so and about 2.5 ft deep. Deep enough for (3 at the time) DD to play in and get decently wet, but only came up to her middle. DH dug it out last weekend to inflate it since it was 109 degrees, and found that something had chewed 3 holes in the floor over the winter! So off he went and now we have an 8' diameter round pool on the back patio.

Alex likes it. it comes up to his shoulders when he stands so I have to hold him up or he gets knocked off his feet by the water. He lounged in one of DD's old floatie seats for almost an hour though. His only complaint was that he wanted to play with the beach ball and it was bigger than his head!! He kept losing it because it was so big. Guess I'll have to find him a small one.

Advertisement

Old 05-31-2011, 02:47 PM   #882
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow - Holy Hotness ladies!

When I live in Oregon Summer doesn't officially start until July 5th - so we are still wearing long pants.

LOL
Old 06-01-2011, 07:29 AM   #883
MyFourStars
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yesterday we went into our friend's again and he wanted OUT of his floatie. He wasn't content with being held either. He wants to SWIM. I let him try with my hand under him and he did pretty well! He does NOT like getting out though.

It's a huge change over DS1, who has always been TERRIFIED of water, to the point that giving him baths was torture for both of us until he was about 2.5. He actually put his feet in yesterday though, and at the promise of ice cream he got on my back when everyone else was out and let me carry him in the water for a few minutes. PROGRESS! I'll be getting a good sized pool today for the yard. It's too hot to be outside without one, and since DH will be traveling so much there's no way I'm going to stay holed up in the house all summer.

My Twilight FanFic-Finding Rose *Updated Chapter 13!*
MyFourStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:50 AM   #884
daisymomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Another mom from Oregon here and we generally live in the sunny part of the state but we have had a very cold rainy spring.We have a little pool from last summer but I won't drag it out til it is at least 84 Josh's ear problems just kinda make me leary.I am sure Josh will love the water he already does.
Josh is talking so well especially for a child with microtia and atresia.So proud of my little man.He took 8 steps yesterday which is the most he has ever taken.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:46 PM   #885
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Missy - Woohoo on the walking.

Robyn - Isn't is funny how different each one is.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #886
vtmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Julie, Sadie was toothless until about a month ago-now she has four! She is still just a little thing though-about 17 pounds! Is katie much bigger??

Love seeing what all the little April babes have been up to! It will be a fun (and busy) summer for all of us chasing our little tots around! We have a pond and Sadie is very interested in it!
Old 06-05-2011, 11:53 PM   #887
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmama View Post
Julie, Sadie was toothless until about a month ago-now she has four! She is still just a little thing though-about 17 pounds! Is katie much bigger??

Love seeing what all the little April babes have been up to! It will be a fun (and busy) summer for all of us chasing our little tots around! We have a pond and Sadie is very interested in it!
We were at the doctor's on Friday for my DD1 and we weighed Katie - She was 18 lbs and 4 oz. Still tiny. Still no teeth.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:32 AM   #888
mamamonkmee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My peanut finally hit 21lbs lol. he stayed 19lbs from 5 months til now. it's crazy he's so small compaired to his brothers at this age.

Alex is doing good in SC he graduated 5k and is going to the 1st grade in the fall. We are going back to visit next month. I'm not sure if he's gonna come back or stay for the school year.

We plan to move back next summer while dh is deployed. I dont think i can stay in NY all alone with the kids.

Things are going good. Eian is in school and loves it. It's a public special needs preschool, he gets his therapies and everything there. I see a big change in his speech since he went from 1 therapy a week to 4. and he loves riding the bus.

DH is out in the field training this week so it's my and the boys. Ive been here 5 months and still havent made any friends. my anxiety has been sky high for a while. but i'm trying to branch out. I have plans for a play date with on of my customers. We've been facebook talking, texting and calling. She has a big order (8 tutus, 5 bows and some vinyl decals) My 1st real order lol. Speaking of I gotta finish the last 3 tutus. I'll post pictures in a few.

OMGosh Will is driving me insane he's hit that I'm gonna scream for what I want stage.
mamamonkmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:58 AM   #889
kristypbi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow i can't believe the group is still together... Thanks to the update by julie I am back on board.

I will update my siggy and get an avi of emma up soon! she is not walking. just scoots everwhere on her butt. it is so funny! I think she prefers scooting since we have hardwood floors. lol

Congrats to Melissa! Can't believe you have a newb! I would love another if someone would just give away one. lol Last pregnancy with my SPD worse than ever was enough for me,
Old 06-08-2011, 07:10 AM   #890
MyFourStars
Registered Users

My Mood:

Liam's at that stage too. I have to take his hands, get down to his level and say "Hey. Words. Use WORDS, Baby." until he remembers that he can either use his signs or his words to tell me or show me what he wants. It works 90% of the time, basically unless he's REALLY tired or I'm really frustrated (or both LOL). It's SO important to me that I teach him to tell me what he wants, because I don't have time for the fits. I really don't. There are 6 other people in the house who have needs! He has a pretty rockin' vocabulary too, thanks to his siblings talking to him ALL THE TIME and dragging him into all their playtime and reading to him and reinforcing the signs I've taught them. So yeah, when he starts screaming and whining and pitching a fit, it's not cool. Words, Bro, WORDS. And "Wan DAT" doesn't cut it! Neither does "No! MINE!" lol

My Twilight FanFic-Finding Rose *Updated Chapter 13!*
MyFourStars is offline   Reply With Quote