Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #81
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 2010 Lil Peeps!!!

Whew! You ladies have been chatty! lol.

Kalli is a swing baby, too. I don't know how I'd survive without it! She normally falls asleep at night in her swing. Once she's been passed out for a little while, I can take her to bed with me. I am in the process of trying to purchase a crib for her. We co-sleep but she's gotten to where she prefers to be on her tummy when sleeping. Now that she knows how to roll both ways, she's gotten too roly poly for our bed I think. I am still trying to keep her in bed with me though.

Now that we are moved in, I am not currently using cloth. Our landlord needs to get some electrical fixed in the house before we can plug in our washer & dryer. So, we are using disposables right now. Kalliann has been developing a rash over the last week and now its awful. I think she's having a reaction to the disposable diapers cuz rash cream isn't working at all. I may need to try to buy some simple prefolds and covers to use and then just wash at my parents or something.

Advertisement

Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:17 PM   #82
mamamonkmee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Aimee- I do. his mom is less than a half a mile from us and my mom is about 3 miles from us.
mamamonkmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:35 PM   #83
punkinbaby
Registered Users
Formerly: vegaslibra
seller

My Mood:

Great pics Dawn.

OMG Nayeli is such a chunker. I knew she was chunky but I didn't realize how chunky she was until we saw a bunch of other babies her age yesterday at a local moms group. She was huge compared to all the other babies. She weighs 15 lbs and 15 oz but she's not very long so she is just round. On the chart she's between 90-95 percent.

Ciera how was your first day with Jake in daycare? I hope you handled it better than I did when Olivia was little.
punkinbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #84
MrsLemon13
Registered Users

My Mood:

Dawn- ((hugs)) mama. I love the pictures they are too cute!

Amy- Jakes first day was fine. I went back to check on him during my lunch, but that wont be a regular thing. But my husband works 5 minutes from the facility so he can drop in unannounced whenever he feels like it. And he will. Otherwise I like the facility and the teacher in the infant room. I hate leaving him there for so long, but unfortunately there is no other choice. But I miss him )-:
MrsLemon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:43 PM   #85
MrsLemon13
Registered Users

My Mood:

::

Anyone out there?

I am STRESSED to the max here. I am trying to get my classroom ready since I also need to organize and plan for the beginning of the year (which is a monumental task) and its just nowhere near ready. We have our kindergarten open house next Thursday so it HAS to be ready by then and I am stressing. I have been going in at least 3 days a week for two weeks and I am nowhere close to done. I go in for two hours and I stand up to go and I wonder what I just did for two hours. I know I am getting there, but its driving me crazy to not have it ready.

Jake went to daycare for three days last week. I missed him but he did well. They are using our cloth diapers, and disposable wipes. Well I was talking to the teacher and she asked me if she could use my disposable wipes to wipe his hands off with after a diaper change. Do you guys think its weird that I said no? I dont want what is on the wipes going in his mouth. I think its weird that they use disposable wipes to wipe their hands down after a change anyway. I mean those arent really meant for ingestion are they? You wouldnt let a kid chew on a wipe, so why are you wiping their hands down with them when their hands go straight in their mouths? I told her I would bring in some cloth wipes for her to use to wipe his hands down and that she could wet them with water if she wanted. That was the only strange experience I had, otherwise I really like the teacher and there are only 3 babies there now. And one of them will be moving to the toddler room soon. I hope it stays at that number that would be awesome!
Old 08-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #86
MrsLemon13
Registered Users

My Mood:

OH and I know some of you bottle feed. I need some advice. Jake takes a bottle always now because he started refusing the breast about a month ago So I pump enough for about one to two bottles a day and the rest is formula. Well the director of the daycare was telling me that he is taking as long as 30 minutes to finish 5 ounces. This is only slightly longer than normal for him. It normally takes him between 15-20 minutes to eat unless he is famished. She suggested going up to a faster flow nipple. But he shows no signs of being frustrated with the nipple flow now. And I dont want to run the risk of him boycotting the breast completely (he still nurses overnight and first thing in the morning when I am fullest) because he is getting a much faster flow with the bottle. Am I wrong to not want to up the flow with the nipple? What do you guys think? When is the "right" time to move up nipples?
Old 08-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #87
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you want to maintain your overnight nursing, I definitely wouldn't switch. Does she have a problem with him taking a while to drink? Is it disrupting the classroom flow?

I'm with you with the no wipes on hands thing. With older kids who don't stick their hands in their mouth it's not big deal, but for me, part of why I cloth diaper is to get away from unnecessary chemicals. I certainly don't want Cecilia ingesting them if I don't want them on her skin!

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:06 PM   #88
MrsLemon13
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yes Aimee I think she is thinking ahead because next week they will be getting a third baby (right now there is only Jake and an 11 month old who is close to walking). So I assume she is wondering how she can care for both babies if he is taking so long to eat. But that is normal for him. He eats like a breastfed baby still even though he isnt technically one. So he eats every two hours during the day and then sleeps for 12 hours overnight (with one, sometimes two overnight wakings). But unfortunately its their job to work with his schedule right? I mean they cant force him to eat faster or wait longer (or they better not) so I feel like they are just going to have to make it work.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #89
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel like they're going to also. How do you think he would handle having his feedings broken up? To me 5 ounces seems like a lot in one go, but I could be wrong about that. So how do you think he'd do if she did 3 oz, gave him a break to feed the other baby, and came back with the other 2? Would she even consider that as an alternative?

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:50 PM   #90
MyFourStars
Registered Users

My Mood:

I wouldn't switch at ALL if he's happy with it. Most BF babies stay with the slow flow nipples. They do have to work with him. She'll learn how to get into his groove and he'll learn how she's different than Mommy, and it'll work out. I worked the infant room at our preschool for a few months and we had a BFed babe who refused to eat more than 2oz in a sitting. We HAD to feed her on demand even though all the other kids were pretty self-scheduled. I that little girl too, she was the teeniest, sweetest little thing and only ever ate for me

My Twilight FanFic-Finding Rose *Updated Chapter 13!*
MyFourStars is offline   Reply With Quote