Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: how do you plan on dressing you CD'd newborn?

At home he will be mostly naked with just a diaper and no cover for optimal skin to skin contact. My body heat will keep him plenty warm. I will also have some of those newborn night gowns, onesies, t shirts, fleece longies, and cute outfits.

Mel, loving wife to Gene ~ Mom to many:
2 by choice 1995 (bilateral cleft lip and incomplete cleft palate), 1996; 4 by birth 1998, 2000, 2008, 2010 (complete unilateral cleft lip and palate), 2012; EDD 9/16/15
10 in Heaven including Caleb Enoch who was born sleeping on 1.8.10 just shy of 18 weeks
MTHFR + possible Ehler's Danlos Syndrome
Lovenox, Folic Acid Therapy, Aspirin Therapy

Last edited by MotherGoose518; 08-04-2010 at 09:02 PM.
MotherGoose518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

I used gowns with DD around the house and socks. I'll probably do the same with this one, and long pants/shirts for outside. It doesn't get that cold here in NC.
Katy, outnumbered Marine wife/mom/geologist to a spunky Hoo, a sweet Pipes, with #3 due in Aug, and 2 crazy wiener dogs, Graben and Gabi.

g&g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:54 AM   #13
Registered Users

I was thinking about just onesies and sleepers....but now you ladies have me thinking about t-shirts. Or at least cutting the onesies down to t-shirts!
etmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

for winter, long sleeved tees, longies/soaker and socks. we only swaddle at night/nap. but the tees are actually annoying me this time around bc they keep riding up when i feed him and then he ends up with the whole shirt in his face. ive been reaching more for rompers like this one:

and i either do an AIO(rare) or fitted/prefold with a wool cover underneath it. its perfect for inside w/the air blasting and a onesie over the same when we are outside. i havent had any issues with wicking in the onesies(maybe bc he is still so small and they are baggy) but for some reason the shirt riding up really bugs me this time
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

DD's coming home outfit is a skirtie and a t-shirt She will have lots of gowns and such as well, but we will likely only be able to use those while at home. We live in Hawaii, and I am told there is no winter here.
Alicia. CPST!
Mama to Trinton 6-15-2007 ,Gavin 11-18-2008 Emma 11-27-2010, and with our last baby BOY 10-05-2012!
Proud to Corey.
T&Gmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #16
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
My Mood:

Sorry to hijack, I'm not in your DD group but I had a late Oct. baby last year (due in Nov.) so I can tell you what we liked!

We took preemie prefolds & fleece pants to the hospital. I also had preemie prowraps PUL covers. He wore those & the hospital tees while we were there.

I LOVED the Carter's 3 piece sets that came with footie cotton pants, a long sleeve side snap shirt & a short sleeve side snap shirt. I'd put the long sleeve one under the short sleeve one & it was SO cute! We had all the designs they carried in preemie & newborn sizes & it was fine with xs & nb fitted+preemie prowraps or xs or nb aios underneath.

Here's one.

I also loved the Carter's fleece sweatsuits. They carry them at the Carter's store, Wal-Mart, Kohl's, and Target for about $8 an outfit. Each store has different designs so shop around! They came with fleece pants & a fleece sweatshirt and were adorable! They were literally all DS wore in the 0-3 and 3-6 month size. We didn't get any in the 6-9 month size & by the time we needed them the stores were stocking spring stuff or I'd have kept them in those suits until he outgrew 6-9 months clothes this spring. (He's in 12-18 months now @ 10 months old.)

It doesn't look like the stores are stocking these sets yet. Here's one on Ebay.

Finally, all of that stuff was gifted to us. With our next baby we will probably use wool almost exclusively. Or mama-made fleece.

We rarely used onesies, but DS wore t-shirts underneath his clothes until June here. I HATED snaps...all of the snapping outfits were given away new or like-new. We LOVED fleece zip up sleepers too...but they were hard to find in the newbie size.
Steph: DW to Tim
Proud Mama to Lucas Wayne 10/18/09 & Vincent James8/8/11

Last edited by TeachinAuntie; 08-10-2010 at 03:48 PM.
TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #17
Registered Users
My Mood:

I have a bunch of sleepers, and rompers. I have never CD a newborn b4 though. I was thinking about converting our onesies into t-shirts to wear with fleece longies. I find it hard to find cute t-shirts for babies. We don't have a lot of places to shop around here. Should I even get newborn sleepers since we will be using cloth once we leave the hospital? I was thinking of only getting a pack or two. I don't know what to expect this time around. DD1 was 8lbs 6oz and DD2 was 5lbs 7oz. So who knows what this LO will be.
MommyMeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #18
Registered Users
My Mood:

Hmm...I haven't bought a lot of clothes, because I have 2 people throwing me baby showers (which is awesome!!), but I'm mostly planning on comfy, loose fitting stuff to fit a diaper under. I think I'll still use regular onesies because I can't stand it when shirts ride up. I never had poop blowouts with cloth, just the occasional wet around the edges on the onesie (in which case, the pants would've gotten wet anyway, so the outfit would still have to be changed). I'm planning on using FBs & BG xs at first, along with some fitteds & covers, so no wool or fleece. We have mild winters, though, so it won't be as hard to find things to keep our little guy warm!
: Blessed wife to Jon, homeschooling Mama to Ava Catherine (1-6-07), Faith Olivia (3-17-09) , and Eli David (11-30-10), my sweet little guy!
Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:38 PM   #19
Registered Users
My Mood:

Thanks for joining in the discussion, Steph. The pics were helpful and I had to turn my laptop around and squeel "look a baby!" at the brown and blue newborn pic. So tiny and adorable! I think I will look for some of those 3 piece Carter's sets for sure.

For me, with four school age older sibs, we are on the go a lot. So it's harder to just rely on gowns etc. when you have to be able to put a LO in a carseat for even a quick trip in below freezing weather.

Mom to Maggie
Hannah Avery Jillian and baby Parker Henry due in early December
sarahakamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #20
Registered Users
My Mood:

We use everything honestly, I like cute so outfits here are a must, but I stick to things with fleece pants, or wool pants. We use Weehugger diapers so dont have leaking or wicking issues with onesies, so use lots of long sleeve onseies.
Aleah Happily married to Paul my NAVY corpseman!
SAHM to Zander (9/16/09) ,Drezden (12/16/2010) , Syler (5/16/2012) and Ryker (8/9/2013) Katara (3/1/2015)
AleahDeann is offline   Reply With Quote