Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #21
MommyMeads
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: how do you plan on dressing you CD'd newborn?

Is using a onesie on a baby different then with a toddler? We use onesies sometimes with DD2 and never have any problems with wicking or leaks.

Advertisement

MommyMeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #22
hypmommy3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMeads View Post
Is using a onesie on a baby different then with a toddler? We use onesies sometimes with DD2 and never have any problems with wicking or leaks.
With my last baby I found these komono style onesies that don't have to go over the head, they dnap on the side, they are long sleeved with fold over mittens, and come in all sorts of cute colors. I loved these with socks, a hat and a blanket swaddled around him. I had little fleece pants to throw on him for when I had to leave the house. They didn't seem to wick anymore then the other clothes. The only messes I ha was when I used sposies and blow outs everywhere. The sides, the back especially and they never absorbed any runny poop at all!! I found I used sposies to get a break from diaper laundry but quickly went back because I just had more clothes laundry and mess. Here is a link for the Kononos I bought for this http://www.target.com/Gerber-Long-Sleeve-Onesie-Stripe/dp/B003JP1GEC/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&keywords=gerbe r%20onesies&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-8&qid=1281587262&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Ge rber%20Long%20Sleeve%20Onesie%20Stripe&node=103857 6%7C1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNo deID=1038576%7C1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjec tbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0 The newborns have the mittens and they are sooo tiny and cute! Love these!
hypmommy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #23
buttercups0147
Registered Users

I'm really torn on this. We live in NW Alaska, so clearly it's cold. Normally around -20 in the winter. However, we live in an upstairs apartment and heat is included, so our apartment is always warm. It's always at least 70+ but if the downstairs neighbors get their heat turned up, it can be even warmer. In fact, last winter we would frequently open our windows at -20 since you can't regulate the heat any other way (the thermostats don't work accurately or reliably).

I feel like since we live somewhere cold, I need fleece and such, but we'll only be outside on the way home and maybe a few other times through the winter where he'll be under my down coat (we don't have a car, and the RSV/whooping cough/etc. is so bad here it's not worth getting out much more than to go to dr's appts).

Should I just dress him in light layers and bundle a little when we go outside or if he gets chilly?

I was thinking about gowns so that I don't have to deal with those crazy snaps.

Last edited by buttercups0147; 08-12-2010 at 04:35 PM.
buttercups0147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #24
WildflowerCB
Registered Users
Formerly: ri814146
seller
seller

I loved the sleepers too! I also used a lot of t-shirts, the cross over kind, wool bottoms and then just swaddled in a blanket.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #25
Fairychilde
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have a cold winter so for the newborn (0-3 month) stage we will be doing all knit wool longies, fitteds and pfs, and long sleeve tees.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #26
Spelmanbeauty
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyof4forme! View Post
I have TONS of gowns! I think I'm going to work on some fleece soakers soon and do the L/S tees, soakers, and baby legs. We live in south Alabama so our winters never really get super cold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender dragonfly View Post
Gobs and Gobs of woolies

Our baby will be born in the middle of a Minnesota winter, so we are going with lots of wool longies and long sleeve tees.

I am planning on placing an order with American Apparel for:
~LS lap tee's
~Fleece Hoodies and Pant sets
~Matching Hats
Does anyone have pics of these LS tee's... im tryna picture how it would look

I Earn FREE Amazon Gift Cards At SWAG BUCKS!!!
Click HERE To Join!!!
Spelmanbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #27
somamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Here's a pic of that AA L/S tee:

My 1st DB is due in about a week and I'm planning on CDing as soon as we get home from the hospital. I have a ton of onsies as well as some of those L/S footed rompers but only 3 gowns. I live in LA so it's not too cold ever and I have a bunch of baby legs. Are onsies a bad idea with CDing? I assumed as long as they weren't too tight (so maybe I have to always size up?) we could still use them. Should I start looking into converting them into t-shirts if I have a lot of them?
and our 3 furbabies (2 dogs & a cat). #2 due in 11/14! Loving life in beautiful Los Angeles.
somamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:57 PM   #28
T&Gmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use onsies on the daily around here. We do have some wicking on occasion, but by the time we have to change due to the wicking we have to change because she has spit up.
T&Gmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #29
Spelmanbeauty
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by somamama View Post
Here's a pic of that AA L/S tee:

My 1st DB is due in about a week and I'm planning on CDing as soon as we get home from the hospital. I have a ton of onsies as well as some of those L/S footed rompers but only 3 gowns. I live in LA so it's not too cold ever and I have a bunch of baby legs. Are onsies a bad idea with CDing? I assumed as long as they weren't too tight (so maybe I have to always size up?) we could still use them. Should I start looking into converting them into t-shirts if I have a lot of them?
Thanks for the pic

I Earn FREE Amazon Gift Cards At SWAG BUCKS!!!
Click HERE To Join!!!
Spelmanbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:41 AM   #30
moodyred01
Registered Users

My Mood:

Another vote for wool soaker, shirts and babylegs. I love the kimono style shirts that don't have to go over his head.

Second favorite would be gowns.

Anything but those long legged sleepers with snaps all up the leg/crotch for me!