Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2010, 08:57 PM   #11
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm gonna slap my husband (re toddler sleep issues...ANTI CIO!!!)

Yup, if DD wakes up again I'll send DH to the sofa to sleep...then he won't have to listen to her cry...

Advertisement

Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:14 PM   #12
kristina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't read through all the responses but it does sound like night terrors. DS1 used to have them a lot at that age and it was in direct connection with him being overtired. There's honestly not much you can do when they have them. Just try not to wake them up...I've read that turning on a soft light helps and just rubbing their backs and comforting them. And know that it will pass. :Hugs:
kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:54 PM   #13
vinimom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We co-sleep with DD and whenever she cries I just whip it out and her mouth is shut in less than 10secs. It allows us all to get a good nights sleep. Nothing else has worked for us that could save our sanity. I simply cannot deal with being up all night and being sane the next day.
vinimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:16 AM   #14
ralesiah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you tried massage? Look up infant massage online or your local health department. When my son was that age and did too much aka didn't rest, he would wake up crying and tell me his body hurt. I also think it might have been some kind of growing pains/growth spurt. We started doing a warm bath with a half hour of massage as he wound down for sleep and it really seemed to help him sleep through the night. Of course he was still waking up to go potty, check on us, etc, etc. My husband is also a crank when he gets waken up in the middle of the night. I've learned to ignore it (although some nights, grrr!) and he's learned to apologize the next morning for anything he might have stupidly said. We also have a full bed in our boy's room so that I can sleep with them any night it's necessary and DH can sleep through the night in our room.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:51 AM   #15
jveprek
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, had an idea- could it be growing pains? I notice Conner eating and sleeping a TON, but waking up SCREAMING at night and realized it's him growing!
jveprek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #16
angelina_lover
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mama, My S/O is the same way when my youngest does that. HE was the same when my oldest did it and he just doesn't get it. Just cuddle them which I'm sure you are doing and try not to get upset as you stated him acting like that doesn't help the situation. I try to tell my sometimes childish S/O that he needs to grow up because him being angry and me upset is not good for our children in any way. I hope it all turns around for you I'm really sorry you are going through this and your little one is waking and not sleeping well
angelina_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:42 PM   #17
mamaerica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My almost 3 year old does the same thing!! About twice a week he'll just start yelling or screaming in the middle of the night. DH is usually the one who gets up and comforts him and I stay in the bed with the baby because if I get up, the baby will wake up. DH is patient about getting up probably 90% of the time, but occasionally he'll get all pissy and throw the blanket back really hard and swear under his breath. But he's always very loving and gentle with DS and can usually get him to calm down in a matter of seconds.

mamaerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #18
aubreyaks
Registered Users
seller
seller

Aww. I am so sorry you're struggling with this. I agree with everything that's been said. My DH has insomnia and hasn't had a decent night's sleep in years. If anything disturbs him, he gets up and goes to the couch on his own. I've never had to tell him to. I do the nighttime parenting so far, DS just wants boobies anyway and DH lacks those. We co-sleep (DH sleeps on a twin mattress pushed next to our queen so that my movements don't wake him) and most nights he is not awakened, but if he is, HE moves to the couch. IMHO your dH is the one w/ the plm, he should be the one to leave the room. Remind him what a precious gift your children are and how you only have them for such a short period of time.
aubreyaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:10 PM   #19
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have nights like that they are hard. We get LO calm and sleepy and move them back to their room (they share) where we just snuggle them into their bad and they usually end up sleeping fine. Just remind him, this too shall pass.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:11 PM   #20
Angel89411
Banned

Try this. DS is two. He wakes up screaming sometimes. In his own room. He will come to us if we don't get to him first (toddler bed). Tell your DH putting her in a different room and ignoring her will not work. Toddlers know what they want and when. A tired, freaked out toddler will not give up.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote