Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2010, 06:29 AM   #1
zander's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/5

Morning everyone!!!

Advertisement

Old 08-05-2010, 06:33 AM   #2
zander's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/5

I got below the waistband on my romper and just finished the decreases. Another couple of inches and then I start the gusset and split for the legs This is knitting up very nicely and I like it so far. That and Tina had the wonderful idea of Gingerbread man buttons....which I I think I'm going to have April make a couple different ones: and gingerbread man, a reindeer head (if possible) and some other ones...though I haven't decided yet. I need to wait until I'm done to see how many and the sizes I need anyway. I can't wait until it's done now!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:37 AM   #3
PipersMomma
waiting on repsonse to FSOT issue! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if you need help as well!

My Mood:

which romper are you doing? I must have missed that.

Im so
PipersMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:43 AM   #4
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm here. I have been knitting, but with the MIL in town, computer time at home is limited. I'm at work today, so I can read and write but not upload pics.

I'm working on my SH for the KAL still. As of today, the body is done for the size 5T and one arm is within 2" of being done. I picked up some contrasting colors for the hood and pocket yesterday as my LYS was finally open. Open and having a sale! 20% off the first skein and 50% off the second! Yeah!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:48 AM   #5
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning ladies! Mailed back my KA bamboo switch set yesterday I had 2 cables break within a week (only 4 months old). After the first cable broke, I was told I had to pay to replace it... after the 2nd one broke, I said no way am I paying. Jimmy Beans Wool accepted my request to fully refund my credit card for the set - so quickly and graciously that I turned around and told them I'd take store credit and bought $100 worth of Addis. I really prefer the bamboo (if you've never used *good* bamboo, you don't know the difference - they're super smooth, but with just enough stickiness to hold slippery yarn) but the broken cables I can't deal with. I contemplated an Addi Click set, but without the 16" cables in the set, it was going to cost me more than twice as much to replace the needles I really needed. Either way - glad I grabbed a couple 12" needles through the co-op here, working on sleeves on my Elliot sweater until I can go get one 16" 7 at the LYS today!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:49 AM   #6
amberlyn87
Registered Users
seller

Morning.. I want to try a romper soon!

It's super gloomy here, so I'm thinking of finishing up the "Choco hugs" small set, and the large "Spring basket" longies.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:04 AM   #7
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WIP pics, FINALLY!
Elliot sweater on MM Selah - just one arm left (I got over-excited yesterday and attached the buttons and wove in all the ends so when I finish the sleeve, it will just need to be blocked!)

Matthew's 6/8 sweater on SB Brown Bear, light worsted. Hoping to finish this by Thanksgiving only need about 3 more inches before I start the upper body... the arms are going to kill me.

StiH on Debutante Yarns Summer Lovin' - not much to look at yet, need to finish the Elliot first!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:07 AM   #8
shel*bel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ladies...

I frogged the sleeve of the sweater I was testing b/c it didn't look right and the math didn't work out even though my stitch count was correct. I was hoping to have finished it last night but... well that's why I hate frogging.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:09 AM   #9
PipersMomma
waiting on repsonse to FSOT issue! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if you need help as well!

My Mood:

I love that Elliot sweater! I have 1 skein of Selah on cestari I have no clue what to do with. We are done with shorties. I wonder if 1 skien would be enough for a smss pinafore if I use the natural cestari I have for the yoke...
Old 08-05-2010, 07:09 AM   #10
PipersMomma

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shel*bel View Post
Ladies...

I frogged the sleeve of the sweater I was testing b/c it didn't look right and the math didn't work out even though my stitch count was correct. I was hoping to have finished it last night but... well that's why I hate frogging.
I hate frogging too. It seriously makes me want to cry lol.