Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2010, 07:29 AM   #21
niftysmith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Friday!

Advertisement

freelance graphic designer open for business - my portfolio | my etsy
niftysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:34 AM   #22
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm excited! Because we'll be getting DH's spray bonus next month also. So we'll have lots of extra $$, and have to try not to blow it on random crap
Old 08-06-2010, 07:48 AM   #23
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning mamas!

Ru and E got up this morning and got out the door to summer camp without me even noticing. Yikes! Guess I was tired, eh? Today is a very good day already, as I got mail! My headbands are here already. Thanks Adelle, that was super fast! I'll wash my hair today and try to get Ru to take some pics. I also got my Threshing Floor Love on neverending sock from ... a time to dye. Totally stoked!

Happy anniversary Kari!

Glad you're feeling better Janine.

Yay for back pay Beth!
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:53 AM   #24
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pics of the yarn as well mel!
Old 08-06-2010, 07:58 AM   #25
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethannp View Post
Pics of the yarn as well mel!
Okay! I actually want to take a pic of my sock yarn stash today anyhow. I am going to do a guest post on my friend's knitting blog next week, talking about loving sock yarn but hating knitting socks, and I need a pic of my stash for it.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:00 AM   #26
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm amassing quite a collection of sock yarn myself, and so far I've only made 1 1/4 pairs of socks
Old 08-06-2010, 08:01 AM   #27
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning mamas! I had all of the coffee maker parts clean this morning, so it's going to be a good day dammit!

Happy anniversary Kari! Glad you are feeling better Janine! Boo on the fever Bethann!

So I had the oldest computer installed on our wireless internet yesterday, and somehow the kids messed it up. Since I found the slightly newer computer (sans all the cords and accessories) I decided just to swap out CPUs and install the wireless on it instead of troubleshooting the old one. Well, it's messed up, the install wizard is broken so I can't install anything. And it's been messed up a long time, because it has a dozen updates it keeps trying to install every time it is turned on but can't. So I guess the only way I can fix it is directly wire it to the router and see if I can replace the install wizard online, which is the last thing I want to do on top of everything else. DH just wants to buy a new cheap computer, but I know they are just going to break it so I don't want to waste the money. Argh.

Going to take the kids to the grocery store today. Wish me luck!

I need a professional organizer, LOL. The setup of this house is SO different than our old house, I'm really having trouble figuring out where everything should go. Any volunteers?
Old 08-06-2010, 08:07 AM   #28
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and the veggie soup we made yesterday looks good. I added some brown basmati rice to it to give it substance, since it wouldn't turn to paste like lots of rice does. It looked good all chunky last night, but I let it simmer all night so the squash and eggplant would break down (so the kids would eat it). I think I would have liked it better with a tomato base instead of beef, but it's still good. I could probably add tomato base to it anyway if I wanted. It will be interesting to see if the kids eat it at lunch. If not, I'm happy to eat it for lunch for about, oh two weeks.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:07 AM   #29
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I need a professional organizer too, Cheryl. Dh was looking for our marriage certificate last night (so we can get the back check from the army) and he was giving me tons of crap because nothing in the file cabinet is actually sorted... it's all just in there randomly He was like "they make these little folder that have tabs and you can just write what goes in the folder so you know right away what's in there"
Old 08-06-2010, 08:14 AM   #30
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Bethann, my master's is actually in Information Systems, which sound like I.T. but it's really just information and production processes. Breaking down everything you do and use to its base level, and streamlining it to the most effective and efficient process/system. So you'd think I'd have this all figured out. But I'm so freaking tired, and I don't know where everything is, and I'm still finding out new things about this house and living here every day so I'm a bit overwhelmed.

I'd come over and do all your files for you in a heartbeat. That's the kind of stuff I like to do, why I got my degree in info systems. Houseful of mystery boxes, not so much.