Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #121
lollytreeyarn
Registered Users
Formerly: staceyinohio
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothDiaperMyBaby View Post
well it is still very pretty. I dont think it matters that it looks the same!! Anyone can dye anything, its not like the colorways cant be duplicated or modified! I LOVE it!
You know, she does have a point. Even if it were the exact colors, everyone has their own little spin on things they do

Advertisement

lollytreeyarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #122
singingpraises7
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberlyn87 View Post
Todays WIP - Debutante yarns "Choco hugs" (kettle dyed)

I was thinking of adding a little side pocket too... maybe.

Yesterdays WIP - my hair.. I'm trying to slowly eliminate the reddish color by adding more light blonde and dirty blonde.

Cute longies!! I think they'd look great with a pocket. I love kettle dyed yarns.

Your hair looks really pretty.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #123
shel*bel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't even catch the 40 lbs at 4 months...
Old 08-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #124
Nanner99
Registered Users
seller

I need some help, ladies. I want to make Sleuthing Hoodies for my 3 & 4 yr old boys. But, my 4 yr old usually won't wear any wool- we have Lambswool recycled longies and some Marr Haven ones and he says they are itchy. I really want to use MMR (coop coming up makes it only about $10/skein for the semi-solid colors) but really hate to knit the whole thing and him not wear it!

Sooooo, I need durability, affordability and soft. Is there a nice wool blend yarn that is not yucky to knit with? Since it will be a big project, I want yarn I *enjoy*. What is out there? Ideas, links, advice appreciated!

Oh, or does anyone else have a picky-with-wool kid you have used MMR on w/out complaints? Please say yes...
Old 08-06-2010, 12:17 PM   #125
lollytreeyarn
Registered Users
Formerly: staceyinohio
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanner99 View Post
I need some help, ladies. I want to make Sleuthing Hoodies for my 3 & 4 yr old boys. But, my 4 yr old usually won't wear any wool- we have Lambswool recycled longies and some Marr Haven ones and he says they are itchy. I really want to use MMR (coop coming up makes it only about $10/skein for the semi-solid colors) but really hate to knit the whole thing and him not wear it!

Sooooo, I need durability, affordability and soft. Is there a nice wool blend yarn that is not yucky to knit with? Since it will be a big project, I want yarn I *enjoy*. What is out there? Ideas, links, advice appreciated!

Oh, or does anyone else have a picky-with-wool kid you have used MMR on w/out complaints? Please say yes...

What about superwash? It is really soft.
lollytreeyarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:22 PM   #126
shel*bel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollytreeyarn View Post
What about superwash? It is really soft.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:24 PM   #127
mythik
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm knitting with Malabrigo wool yarn for the first time and it is ridiculously soft...even tricky for me to knit with. Not sure how durable it is though...

Quote:

Old 08-06-2010, 12:31 PM   #128
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ERICA!!!!! I want that yarn!!!! It so yummy!!! Also.. I need trim for the yarn you sent me.. Ill pm you
Old 08-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #129
PipersMomma
waiting on repsonse to FSOT issue! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if you need help as well!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2l View Post
My DH is 6'4" but grew almost 3 inches AFTER he graduated from HS at 17. I am about 5'6 or 5'7". Poor DS is about 28 or 29 in and 27lbs. So 85% for weight and 30% for height. Poor little chub

I have some yarn I am trying to find a job for...it is 8oz bulky BFL with no trim, although there is a lot of natural in it so I could easily get some undyed as a trim. I don't want to make longies because DS is so hard on them. It could be for me, DH or DS... Any thoughts?
What colorway is it? What about a cowl and hat/ mitts for you? Or a scarf and beanie or something for dh? I wouldnt give my DH BFL....... but hes hard on crap lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shel*bel View Post
I didn't even catch the 40 lbs at 4 months...
Uh yeah. I dont even know how thats possible! I mean what is the kid eating?!?! Even if he/she was like, 15lbs at birth I still think thats massive lol.
Quote:

Well, I agree maybe the superwash. Piper is wierd about wool. She told me gaia freaking bulky was itchy. But she will wear tops that are made from superwash, and I always put those little tank undershirts on her underneath of it.
PipersMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:51 PM   #130
amberlyn87
Registered Users
seller

i'm so tired... blah.