Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #221
~EweNeedColor~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/6

To be honest, I was really upset at first, what really upset me is that she told me she doesnt want my children anywhere near her house, or her grandchildren who are their friends

Advertisement

~EweNeedColor~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #222
PipersMomma
waiting on repsonse to FSOT issue! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if you need help as well!

My Mood:

Thats dumb. Why? Even if you were a piss poor mother it wouldnt be the kids fault anyways.
PipersMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:14 PM   #223
ELC Knits
Registered Users
Formerly: tina_clewis
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~EweNeedColor~ View Post
SHE called me going on and on about what a despicable mother I am and told me she had called CPS and they would be here soon. I said Ok, LMAO!!! She got our phone number from my 8 year old who walks her dog for her, because she can't walk him herself with her oxygen!

I am totally getting the dress now LOL!! I saw it in their catalog, but now I want it to match the yarn LOL!!
Omgoodness, what a nutjob...and to use your 8 yr old to get your number??

And that outfit will be soo cute! I have lots of Eden around here and yours is definitely different. The color combo is similar but as you said yours is a chartreuse where her's is yellow, the repetition is different and the natural in there, her's has blue and lavender as well and the kettle dyeing gives it a whole different look. I love Eden but yours is gorgeous in its own right - I dont think it looks copied at all!
Braeden joined us 1/11/2012!!
ELC Knits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:15 PM   #224
emerel
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow! Busy day today...I love all of the wips and dye jobs, and fluffy mail.
I can't believe I never even got to the computer all day but for a few minutes this morning until now, and have not even touched my knitting. I do not even really know why my day got completely away from me...unintended grocery trip this morning, wool washing and diaper was day, individual naps instead of at the same time for the babies (ugh!) and then a trip to Target...

Kendall I am sorry to hear about your DH's job, I hope something comes up for you soon.

My DDs all were late to grow, they were born above average in wt and ht and then were average, then small as all their friends grew and they didn't, then around 7th grade they hit a spurt and would grow several inches in a yr...my 15 yr old is now 5'6" but my youngest DD is still pretty short. I am 5'7" and DH is 6' 2" so the twins are already tall...just under 33" at 15 months.

emerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:17 PM   #225
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thats stupid. It makes your a bad mother because your TWO YEAR OLD IS NAKED IN THE SUMMER? My kids dont wear clothes... And barefoot? NUTS!

Its kinda sad tha she doesnt want the kids around though They are just kids.. Whats the difference? I think she just had some wild hair up her butt or something.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:17 PM   #226
ELC Knits
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersMomma View Post
Thats dumb. Why? Even if you were a piss poor mother it wouldnt be the kids fault anyways.
Aint that the truth!! There are a few kids around here that my kids are allowed to play with here at my house or our park across the street and they can spend the night here but kids arent allowed over there nor can they stay at their house. Kids can't choose their parents but they can choose their friends with proper guidance.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:28 PM   #227
PipersMomma
waiting on repsonse to FSOT issue! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if you need help as well!

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELC Knits View Post
Aint that the truth!! There are a few kids around here that my kids are allowed to play with here at my house or our park across the street and they can spend the night here but kids arent allowed over there nor can they stay at their house. Kids can't choose their parents but they can choose their friends with proper guidance.
yeah I dont really have to worry about that (yet) since the girls "friends" are my best friends kids lol, but I remember growing up and I was never aloud to go over to these 2 girls houses, but they were always aloud to stay the night at my house.

eta: the reason was bc the parents were drunk, all the time, and never watched their kids.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:38 PM   #228
ELC Knits
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersMomma View Post
yeah I dont really have to worry about that (yet) since the girls "friends" are my best friends kids lol, but I remember growing up and I was never aloud to go over to these 2 girls houses, but they were always aloud to stay the night at my house.

eta: the reason was bc the parents were drunk, all the time, and never watched their kids.
Thats what it is around here, irresponsible parenting concerning alcohol or just ignorance but I dont let it brand their kids in my eyes, its not their fault. They are always welcome here, a couple times I have fed them (I always ask if they have eaten) and a few times I will pick up clothes or shoes at Salvation Army. If its a concern of their actual welfare though - then I would call but just because their parents are idiots, thats never the little ones fault. I have called in before in two cases because the drinking was way out of control and I made the kids stay with me and it ended up being a week!
Old 08-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #229
mommylifew3
Registered Users
seller
seller

Kendall, sending hugs your way!

Here's my new wip:

My 1st Mosaic moon, and I love it. It's the slamon of wisdom from the Yarn of the Month. I have to have this club again for Christmas. It is so cool.

And remember that stih sweater by Valerie? Here's the full colorway to match.

I need to dye trim. I am thinking of the magenta purple color.

And please if anyone has a 3-6 month old, I need a girth measurement. I am going nuts over this romper!

Join Eco-Wrapz on Facebook to see my Latest Work

Last edited by mommylifew3; 08-07-2010 at 07:23 AM.
mommylifew3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:22 PM   #230
PipersMomma

My Mood:

Yeah Tina, Ive called CPS numorous times on my neighbors but no one ever does anything about it. I feel horrible for the kids. The boy is like 9 maybe and the girl is 7, but I remember when the girl was still in diapers, younger than Phe and she was 3 blocks down sitting in the road in nothing but a bloated dirty sposie bc the dad was so drunk he passed out on the couch when he was supposed to be watching her. And I picked her up and took her home and then he spanked her! Like it was her fault!!

And that same summer, I found her playing on the RAILROAD TRACKS which is like, 200-300yds behind my house. And thats a freaking BUSY TRACK. We have trains go by every 5-10 mins. She is seriously lucky to be alive.