Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #4501
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2009 Babies ~ Happy Birthday!!

DP. AHHHH!

Advertisement

Like our store on Facebook

Last edited by nceveritt; 03-25-2011 at 12:00 PM.
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:39 PM   #4502
VWgurl619
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nicole, poor baby girl! Madilyn takes ALOT of tumbles too..

So i've decided that I'm going to use sposies for our vacation in June. I really wanted to do a hybrid system like weehuggers or flips w/ sposie inserts, but i don't have any of the stuff I need to do that, so in the long run, sposies are the cheaper way to go for the time being... Plus, I there isn't a washer and dryer there..so I'd probably have to hand wash the covers in order to keep using them. I'm so bummed out because I really wanted to use the weehuggers...but now i just don't know what to do! Such a dilemma!

So thats my day. Hope everyones was great!

https://www.facebook.com/MickeyWorldTravelSaraRobinson
VWgurl619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #4503
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi everyone!!!!! We are back, we are all tired and off schedule but home.

Aiden feel better!

Sara, I must be crazy, we actually CD the whole time in Europe and it turns out we only had a washer in Dublin, so the first 3 days of the two week trip. I just hand washed and soaked things, and hung them dry. I worked way better then I hoped. But I am so used to CD at amusement parks, camping and on trips, I figured it would work out.

AFM The trip was a blast we had a great time. The only issue was readjusting the Ergo, I had some issues with the Performance, I need to pull out the original I have and see if it works better now that Ky is so big. He likes to nurse and nap in it so it is fantastic to have, but he either wants to walk on his own or ride on my chest, not so much into the back carry. I am now debating the stroller for our trip to the Bay next week. I am so unsure what I want to do.

I also have to say I got crazy looks carrying him in Europe. They only do Bjorns there. We went to Harrods and I wanted to laugh with all the expensive trendy brands they are still stuck with Bjorns, which are like Target/Walmart available here, not a cool or trendy carrier in sight. They just weren't there yet

I get to go through the pictures next, and sew a costume this weekend, before we get ready for our next trip and my consignment sale what was I thinking!!!!!

Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:00 PM   #4504
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Heather - welcome back! I bet you had a great time. That is so funny about the carriers though. I would think that they would have had some cool ones over there!

Crissi - They took Aiden's temp with the temporal thermometer and that is what I was using as well, except they have the more expensive hospital grade version. It is usually extremely accurate for me so I think they just didn't scan him well. I too tend to try to hold off on medicating except at night when we all just need to sleep. I agree that it is best to let the fever do it's thing. This concept seems so foreign to so many advise nurses I've talked to over the phone, or friends I've talked to. So it is nice to hear that there are a bunch of us in our group that actually medicate at the first sign of a fever!!!

Today his temp only got up to 101.7 and to look at him you would have never thought he had a fever. So I think he is on the mend. He did miss his first swimming lesson though. But Averie had a blast!

Oh, and I should add that we gave up on the toddler bed idea. He is too much of a danger to himself right now to leave him up to his own devices in a room by himself. So the kid has a crib tent over his crib now. He thought it was so cool when it was on the floor. And then when it was on his bed unzipped he wanted in. He still thought it was cool. Then we zipped it closed and he realized that he was stuck uh...not so cool He usually throws his pillow and blanket out of his crib when he gets upset, but he couldn't even do that. Yeah, he wasn't thrilled with his cool tent anymore. But he did lie down and go to sleep in record time! I kinda feel super happy and like a bad mom all at the same time
Old 03-25-2011, 11:10 PM   #4505
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Tina - Sounds like you had a great day!

Nicole - Poor Grace. What did she fall off this time?

Mae - Uh, what's with this crazy weather! I want it to get warm and sunny so we can go to Happy Hollow again! If this rain keeps up to you want to go to the Jungle next week?

Sara - Sposies won't to too bad for the week. But those Weehugger prints are SOOO cute! I want an owl one so bad. But Aiden isn't really in diapers anymore so I can't justify buying a cover just for the few times I put him in one. I do have to say if I ever have another baby, they are going to have tons of new diapers because there are so many new cute diapers that have come out recently.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:26 AM   #4506
VWgurl619
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Heather, glad you had a great time! And I want to see some pictures!! And I was actually thinking about hand washing them?? I really want to do something along those lines, but its just a week and a half with no washer/dryer..so I'm all confused...but we'll see.

Carolyn, I am on the HUNT for the owls cover from WH in a size two..I can't find it anywhere!! I love it soo soo much! And I hope your little man gets better soon!

Last edited by VWgurl619; 03-26-2011 at 05:35 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:26 AM   #4507
VWgurl619
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AHH darn you dbl posts!

Last edited by VWgurl619; 03-26-2011 at 05:34 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #4508
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Heather, it sounds like you had an awesome trip. I have hand washed a few times but if I was going to do that for two weeks I think I would only use prefolds and flats. It would be much easier. I am not really that surprised about the carriers though. It is sad actually.

Carolyn, Sorry Aiden is back in the crib and now is not happy with it. We have had good luck being out of the crib but their room is about five steps from mine so I know as soon as they are up and they just don't get the time really to cause a bunch of trouble usually. First thing in the morning he spends his time petting the dog that sleeps with him so it generally gives me a few minutes before he is scaling the walls or changing table.

AFM, I did have a great day. We ended up not going to the movies and got redbox instead. It was nice. I ended up just not feeling like I could sit still for the whole time. We also made lasagna and had some friends over for dinner. I felt bad because one had given up alcohol for Lent and another gave up Cheese so each was tempted by dinner. Over all it was nice though. I hope you all have a good day.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #4509
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No time for personals. Gotta get ready for a childhood friend's wedding tonight. Em has the cutest little suit jacket and tie he's going to wear!!

Is it normal for your milk to dry up during pregnancy? I have had milk until about a week ago. Starting to get a little nervous!
Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Adding a new little snow baby to our family Jan 2015
Help me earn more space on Dropbox!!
Ready2Bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #4510
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No time for personals. Gotta get ready for a childhood friend's wedding tonight. Em has the cutest little suit jacket and tie he's going to wear!!

Is it normal for your milk to dry up during pregnancy? I have had milk until about a week ago. Starting to get a little nervous!
Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Adding a new little snow baby to our family Jan 2015
Help me earn more space on Dropbox!!
Ready2Bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote