Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #11
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: she told me to just RELAX and let him have Pampers.

1) Defriend this chick. Life is too short to have needless drama on Facebook of all places.

2) Before you defriend her tell her to mind her own business and worry more about HER child and less about yours.

3) Is there anyone that can be sure to pick DS up before Crazy Lady gets there? Can you arrange for Grandma to have him in another room with a monitor in a swing or something (provided he's not upset/crying or something) while Crazy Lady is picking up her DD if you're late?

Good luck!

Advertisement

Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #12
briannah
Registered Users

No better advice than what was already posted... just wanted to offer support! I hope things get better for you, it's so hard feeling pressure from family when you're a first time mom. I've just decided that people are crazy and you (and maybe his dad), as the mama, are the only one that truly has your child's best interest at heart!

Good luck to you!
briannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #13
Bethany89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It kind of sounded like you were leaning to just stop working and being with your LO. If so, do it momma! If your mommysenses are telling you not to send your LO there, TRUST THEM! I really believe that moms have senses like that and we need to trust them. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable. If you are going to be at work, stressing over it.. Its not worth it.
Good luck
And as for that lady.. Man I have trouble keeping my mouth shut, so she would have got an earfull!
Old 08-06-2010, 08:16 PM   #14
Bethan_77
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Check your local LLL for ladies who provide childcare in an ap environment. My LLL was full of them, me included.

Also, with an income of 15K is it in your famiy's best financial interest for you to return to work? Crown financial has some calculators for figuring that out. I left my job my first year and did on call work for my hospital, but after all the hassle and unhappy time for dh and dd, and paying for special tax forms via hr block, we figured out it totally was not worth the time spent or money earned. Crazy.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #15
doodah
Registered Users
seller

sounds like a nightmare but you are right, there are a lot of mamas on here that have troubles with relatives. anyway, hope you are able to find what you are looking for with daycare but I know that is going to be tough. Just from the nature of AP (being physically attached to a young child) greatly limits you. I don't think any center would work for you because even if there is a super low ratio (3 or 4 infants to one adult) means that your child will only have 25% of attention from that one adult. It will be challenging to find someone who is willing to do babywearing or "in arms" if that is what you are looking for. If you aren't sure about going back to work anyway and don't have to, I would stay home for at least one more year. It will just be hard to find someone to provide that one on one attention when you are on a tight budget but like other PPs said, its not impossible. Why not put out a few feelers and see what comes up?
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:07 AM   #16
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:

Trust your mommy instincts - you have them for a reason.
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:29 AM   #17
stinkelein
Registered Users

My Mood:

My response in these types of situations is to let the other mother know that we all make different decisions and unless said decision is a burden to her (which diapers you use is none her beeswax) she has no say. We all choose what works best for us and our values.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #18
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

mama
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #19
logansmomma07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh, definitely delete her I deleted ALL of my IL's except my FIL. I no longer speak to them because I was sick of their comments and drama. My life is so much more peaceful...
Old 08-07-2010, 03:53 PM   #20
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would just consider her crazy and ignore her/unfriend her, honestly.

SIL is like that. It just isn't worth getting upset about because it won't change anything except give her more fuel to be hateful.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 08-07-2010 at 03:54 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote