Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #21
guesswho1001
Registered Users

Re: My cousin is only Breastfeeding her 5 week old DS 7 times a day!!!

If she is leaking one or two ounces while baby is eating - then it doesn't sound like she has any supply issues. While more of us struggle with keeping supply from dwindling, there are people who struggle with getting supply down to a more appropriate level. If her baby seems content, is gaining weight, and pooping/peeing as expected, then maybe she is just overly blessed with a 5 weeker that eats well, and an abundance of milk.

If only we could all be that lucky!!

Advertisement

guesswho1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #22
Connor
Registered Users
seller

I went and visited my cousin yesterday. I let her borrow a maya wrap and an ergo. I think she will really enjoy them both but especially the maya. I showed her how to use them and offered tips for her to try until she got more comfortable with the carriers. It's so funny how each baby can be so different! I think what they are doing is working fine for them, and I haven't mentioned a thing about supply or feeding him more often!! I hope that I have helped her some, and that is all I wanted to do Thanks for all the replies, I love hearing about each individual person's experiences!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:09 PM   #23
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

sounds like my friend. When she had her first, a nurse (not LC) told her that after the baby has nursed for 10 minutes that there is no more milk for 4 hours. period. Never said that some babies take longer to empty a breast, etc, etc..

So she allowed her son to nurse every 4 hours for 10 minutes (one side only)....and wondered why he screamed when she took him off the boob. :duh:

When she had her daughter about 7 months ago, she started doing the same thing, but I explained to her that the nurse was wrong. after a few weeks of a crabby baby she tried it my way and lo and behold...her daughter was no longer a screaming crying baby!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:47 AM   #24
naomi's mama
Registered Users
seller

I think as long as the baby has enough wet and poopy diapers, he's fine. I had an oversupply (always had) and 7 feedings a day was plenty. I actually had to feed from one breast for several hours at a time for those first few months before my supply regulated!
naomi's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:22 AM   #25
lamamaloca
Registered Users
seller

A couple of my babies have put themselves on a three hour schedule from the beginning. Honestly, I would not worry. 7 feeds is likely plenty based on mom's milk supply and the baby.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:35 PM   #26
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DD only nursed 6 times a day and slept for 10-12 hours at night
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #27
hopetc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My lo likes to latch on at night when he stirs to make sure it's available but rarely nurses. My older one liked to do his big nursing sessions at night.
hopetc is offline   Reply With Quote