Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #11
Fire In The Disco
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My Opinion on Spoiling Baby by Holding Too Much

BTW, I added your blog to my blogroll! Mine is blog.aimeeandchris.com if anyone wants to read it.

Advertisement

Putting that Early Childhood Development degree to good use these days!
, , ,
Fire In The Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:29 PM   #12
Bethany89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire In The Disco View Post
BTW, I added your blog to my blogroll! Mine is blog.aimeeandchris.com if anyone wants to read it.
I will most definitely add yours! Blogging was my first love before diaperswappers and I love finding and reading new ones. I have made a few really good friends through blogging - love it!
Old 08-06-2010, 10:32 PM   #13
briannah
Registered Users

saving my spot so I can read your blog later! Totally agree with you mama!
briannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:46 PM   #14
cathrynapple
Registered Users

A baby's needs and wants are not separate. If they want something, it's because they need it. Of course you can't spoil a tiny baby by holding him or her! Just look at "kangaroo care" for preemies in the NICU. Those children need skin to skin contact to be healthy. It helps babies thrive.
cathrynapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:52 AM   #15
nalazimbala
Registered Users
seller

one of the reason I LOVE our pediatrician is b/c one of the first things she said when we first had our DD was "you can't spoil a baby by holding them too much and giving them too much attention...you spoil them with junk food and too many toys"
Old 08-07-2010, 05:16 AM   #16
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Can't wait to read it and I agree 100% as well! It makes me sad when people do think this too. I always say that we seem to to expect things out of our children that we don't even expect things out of ourselves. Like STTN, taking comfort items away yet we can keep our favorite pillow or blanket, lack of human touch and closeness especially in sleeping times yet we would hate it if someone told us we couldn't cuddle or have our DS/DP/SO next to us when we sleep.

Every step is a step of information! Glad you wrote this blog! As one of my LLL friends says 'don't induce labor, induce education." I love it.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:07 AM   #17
stinkelein
Registered Users

My Mood:

My mom always said that you cannot spoil a baby under a year old. You give them what they want because they need it. She is an old LLL leader and her kids turned out fine.

My LO is resting on my chest right now cause I can't baby wear yet. Still recovering from childbirth. She's not spoiled but she is happy.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #18
RJmomof4
Registered Users
Formerly: RJmomof2
seller

My Mood:

I agree with you, I hate it when people judge me for baby wearing it happens to me almost every time I leave the house, I also get judged for co-sleeping like Im going to kill my baby well she is now 10 months old and still alive and well and so are my other 2 kids that I co-slept with sure if I was a drunk or a druggy I might kill my baby but I am a clean sober mama. Oh and then theres breastfeeding I have had so many people judge me for breastfeeding for too long first of all my baby is only 10 months old and yes I plan on going until she is 2 get over it.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:26 AM   #19
debmom2boyz
Registered Users
Formerly: n***_n_b**
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'll admit that I held my oldest as much as I could when he was a babe. I really didn't care if anyone said I was spoiling him. He's a 11 now and not spoiled. He's a great kid.

My LO--yep, held him as much as I possibly could (nursed him until he was almost 3 because I couldn't bear the thought of weaning him and him crying!).

I say--hold away....before we know it they will be out of our homes and living their own lives and we'll long to hold them!
debmom2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:35 AM   #20
dailyamayzed
Registered Users

My Mood:

The more children I have the more I believe in attachment style parenting. I get crap from a lot of people for having an evolving parenting style... I feel like I am learning as they grow. Saying a baby can be spoiled is like saying a baby can be LAZY. Its ridiculous. And I have a low muscle tone baby that many have commented on as "lazy". I just smile and say "yep, that's definitely it, I hadn't thought of that... "

I smile and nod a lot these days... I don't have time to explain my kids to everyone...
dailyamayzed is offline   Reply With Quote