Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
monkeysmom615
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How did you know you were ready for more kiddos?

I know this sounds really silly but I've been bouncing back and forth from "I think I really want another baby!" to "Nope, nevermind! I think we're done at 1!" Those are usually the days when DS is being really bad and it's taking everything in me to keep myself sane.

DH is all about having another kid (and wants 3 or 4 but I think we'll be done at 2). DS was a....surprise. So I want to be ready this time.

I just wonder if the bouncing from "yes" to "no" ever stops and becomes definitive either way ya know?

So did you KNOW you were ready for #2 or was there still a little hesitation?

Advertisement

CPST! AF Wife and Mama to a 6/15/08 Monkey who has an unhealthy fascination with the And a 7/26/11 toddler with a huge personality! I, personally, have a sick love of the icon. Swagbucks - Earning free $! My ISO/IHA
monkeysmom615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:38 PM   #2
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How did you know you were ready for more kiddos?

Old 08-06-2010, 10:49 PM   #3
boy-oh-boy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For me, when all the pregnancy and gender announcements give me ants in my pants

I have two friends who are expecting girls in December (I realllllllly want a daughter!), my teacher's aide just found out she is having a boy (which means she's not putting the baby for adoption! yay! long story..), and my previous aide just found out she's going to be an aunt. I AM ON EDGE. I want to be pregnant again! DS3 will be 2 in February. I feel like the time has flown away from me.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:58 PM   #4
monkeysmom615
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy-oh-boy View Post
For me, when all the pregnancy and gender announcements give me ants in my pants .
That's part of it! I have a bunch of friends that just announced they're pregnant, 2 of my neighbors have had babies in the past month and a half, and I keep catching myself browsing BRU for new crib and room decorations. So I don't know if it's just "awww, I'm kinda jealous!" or "They're just showing me how much I want another baby!"
CPST! AF Wife and Mama to a 6/15/08 Monkey who has an unhealthy fascination with the And a 7/26/11 toddler with a huge personality! I, personally, have a sick love of the icon. Swagbucks - Earning free $! My ISO/IHA
monkeysmom615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:00 PM   #5
Havah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't really want to be the one bringing the "somber note" to this otherwise fun discussion ... but I've got a little different take on readiness. Both my kids came when I didn't think I was "ready." Life was stressful and we weren't really "at a good time." Yes, both were surprises. But then, so was I.
That said, they both fueled me with so much hope and determination in those challenging times! Meanwhile, the one baby we tried for (between them) was the one child we lost. It was an early miscarriage, but it still hurts. For my part, I swore off "trying" at that point. I'm learning to enjoy each moment to it's fullest and be content with the children that I have ... to celebrate "just two" ... and also to be prepared to celebrate more should that time come.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #6
boy-oh-boy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havah View Post
Meanwhile, the one baby we tried for (between them) was the one child we lost.
Been there, Mama. It does suck
Old 08-06-2010, 11:31 PM   #7
chello
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hmm, let's see, how did I know I was ready for another one...finding out that I was pregnant pretty much sealed it for me
DD was much anticipated (she's the oldest). DS was a product of "not doing anything to stop it" and now this one was a bit of a surprise, but simply because it happened in February instead of April, so not really a big deal. I did feel very antsy though. I remember telling DH to get me pregnant, and him saying that my sexy come-ons could use some work lol.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #8
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

Around 10 months we were ready to try for our next little one. It took us a long time to conceive, we had an early loss then A lot more ttc and now our new little one. When this one is one I think we will start trying for our last little one.

Last edited by L&A'smommy; 08-07-2010 at 03:42 PM.
L&A'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:37 AM   #9
stinkelein
Registered Users

My Mood:

with dd (the 1st) we weren't ready for any but after she was born we knew we wanted to have more than one. I had however, been warned until to give my body a rest for 1 year before ttc. DS was concieved when dd was 17 months old. DH was done with babies at that point however,I was in the delivery room and knew I wasn't ready to be done. Ireally wanted to deliver another baby. Fast forward 2 months and I was so overwhelmed with what we had I had Mirena put in. I figured that would give us 5 years without worry. Silly me, last October I got pregnant again and we were so not ready, I had just sold all the baby clothes and some of the gear at a Mom to Mom sale. I was out of my mind for about 6 weeks and then I got used to the idea. This pregnancy was horrible and I had an emergency c section and then hemorrhaged quite a bit. WE ARE TOTTALLY DONE! If another baby comes to this family it will be through adoption or another miracle.... cause it won't be me!
Old 08-08-2010, 08:46 AM   #10
JAG's baby mama
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

We knew we were going to have 3 from the beginning and we knew we needed them to be back-to-back (12-13 months apart).

There wasn't really a question of whether or not we will do this, and yet we still had the discussion. Ok this is the week we need to do this. Are you ready or not?

Up to that point, DH wavered almost every week, and I had my doubts just because you never know what kind of child you will get. Could the personalities be such that our lives get turned upside down?

In the end though, we have our DD and she is the light of our lives. I can hardly remember the decision it took to get us here. EXCEPT...

...that we are here again for our 3rd child...

So the answer to your question is, No. It nevers stops. No matter how settled your plans were, you still question and wonder.

Good luck