Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-07-2010, 04:42 AM   #1
ariadne19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
HELP!!!!! Willy Wonka Bday party

My 6 y/o is dead set on a Willy Wonka party.... I'm just glad for once its not fairies or princesses

I know the candy aspect is unavoidable, but I feel like that's all there is! Apparently for 6 year olds goodie bags are a HUGE deal. What can I add to the bags that is NOT candy??????

TIA for any ideas...

Advertisement

ariadne19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:15 AM   #2
jac1976
Registered Users
seller

Re: HELP!!!!! Willy Wonka Bday party

One idea is to skip the traditional party bag and go for one bigger item than a bunch of smaller ones. That happened at the majority of parties DS went to this year. At one party, DS got a matchbox car, at another a set of markers and an apron (it was a pizza making party), another he got a wooden airplane, and we gave out grab bags of legos (lego themed party.)

For little non-candy items, you can look at Oriental Trading for ideas, they usually have good, inexpensive things for kids. I would just make it colorful- aside from the candy, I remember Willy Wonka as being very colorful- maybe some bouncy balls, erasers, noise makers, etc.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #3
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Hit the party store and see what you can find. We usually do pencils, bouncy balls, disc shooters, etc. Maybe some of those new shaped rubber bands that I see kids wearing as bracelets. You could also do something that they can make while at the party -- suncatchers, magnets, things like that. Wal-Mart, Michael's, Joann Fabrics all usually have inexpensive kits for things like that.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:57 AM   #4
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Oooh! What about making candy at the party for the kids to take home? Yes, it's still candy, but you could make it without all the artificial crud that's in the store candy.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote