Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2010, 06:53 AM   #31
erin13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's sunday

I love making homemade butter! that sounds like fun! and of COURSE...E gets up early when you go to bed late. We went to bed late here too - 11:00 LOL

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2010, 07:02 AM   #32
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvalokiteshvara View Post
E is having a nectarine.

When he is done, we are going to try to make homemade butter. Fun!
Oooo I have nectarines here too....I shall have some now

Making butter sounds like fun too.

Love the knitting Erin, such cute owls!
Old 08-08-2010, 07:13 AM   #33
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Good morning

Lazy day here. It is the 50th day of temps above 90 degrees. It is just too hot to be out in the middle of the day.
I am going to go out and water my plants, reboot the laundry, and maybe run to Old Navy for the $10 kids denim sale. Avery really needs jeans!
Old 08-08-2010, 07:16 AM   #34
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Munching crunchy nectarines (I like them hard and crunchy, not soft and juicy) and watching QVC.....I just got this in the chocolate!
Old 08-08-2010, 07:35 AM   #35
ruvalokiteshvara
Registered Users

My Mood:

Butter made! Pics in a moment. That was surprisingly easy. And now I have, like, 1/4 to 1/2 cup buttermilk. What to do with it? I remember hating the taste of it as a child (my parents were both buttermilk drinkers), but I wonder if, like lima beans, it is an aversion I have outgrown?

Freethinker - Free Ranger - Free for All
ruvalokiteshvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:36 AM   #36
bethsflutterby
Just a sinner saved by grace.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

oh man....I'm today.

Kids are all in here doing various things, but ALL are being quite good/quiet atm

SO...I know this may seem silly. But REALIZATION has hit and I'm 99.9% sure the kids will be here for Christmas! I'm not counting THIS month because of school uniform/misc. costs, BUT NEXT MONTH I need to start thinking about slowly buying/making Christmas gifts.

I don't know what to get 8 children???? I have 3 personalized wooden swords coming from a coop for the boys and wooden stackers and a rolling hedgehog coming for Analise. I'm pretty happy with that for Analise!! I have this Wooden Bunny Set coming for Maddy. (she loves bunnies)

I am making all the girl's a small purse from upcycled jeans/corduroy/fabric and will add a few Piggy Paints to each purse.

I was surprised to find that the play silks are LOVED by my sister's kids...so I may see if I can get some "boyish" ones.

WHAT ELSE MAMAS?
HELP ME OUT!
David(11)Lolly(9)Maddy(7 on 8/25!)Yuyi(5.6) & Ana(4)

bethsflutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:39 AM   #37
bethsflutterby
Just a sinner saved by grace.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvalokiteshvara View Post
Butter made! Pics in a moment. That was surprisingly easy. And now I have, like, 1/4 to 1/2 cup buttermilk. What to do with it? I remember hating the taste of it as a child (my parents were both buttermilk drinkers), but I wonder if, like lima beans, it is an aversion I have outgrown?
ooooh, homemade butter!!!

I dunno that I've EVER tried buttermilk??? I'm not fond of regular milk unless used in cereal or to dip oreos in!
David(11)Lolly(9)Maddy(7 on 8/25!)Yuyi(5.6) & Ana(4)

bethsflutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:42 AM   #38
mom2sadieandbean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

morning

The family is slowly starting to wake up. Sadie slept with me last night so I sent her to find my dad when she woke up. He is an early riser so I didn't have to get out of bed. Julia went to sleep in her own bed I think around 12:30 after me propping her slightly on her side and constantly replacing the pacifier and changing two dirty diapers in less than 45 minutes.

WOTA:
church for my mom, me, and the girls
picking up the last of the fencing supplies so my dad and DH can finish fencing in the back yard
possibly church picnic tonight - we're in a heat advisory from noon - 8pm with heat indexes around 105-110. If there isn't a plan B with regards to picnic arrangements, I won't take Amelia and Julia - maybe not go at all. Amelia doesn't handle heat well, and Julia is just too young to be outside in the heat unless she has to be.

WFB:
mom2sadieandbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:53 AM   #39
ruvalokiteshvara
Registered Users

My Mood:

Peggy. As for Xmas presents... did you get zoo memberships for your family? You could get some for the nieces and nephews, too, if the membership you have doesn't cover them... hmmmmm. Big things the family can share? Games they can play together? Wii? Sometimes the easiest way to handle a big group is with common gifts and little things on the side.

Sorry about the heat Cecilia. That is no fun!

Okay, here are the butter-making pics.

The book in the first photo is the one I used for the "recipe." Even though "pour cream in a jar. Shake until butter forms." is not much of a recipe!!

Freethinker - Free Ranger - Free for All
ruvalokiteshvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:54 AM   #40
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehologram View Post
I've been thinking about Beth's Siblings......how about if you did something fun with them when they come over like make muffins or rice crispy cakes? Maybe a sweet treat might get them to come over?
my sisters? They're much more likely to just make treats on their own if they want them, I'm not the treat maker in the family LOL And besides, they aren't children so I don't feel like I want to bribe them, not worth my time

When it comes down to it, the youngest one is a spoiled brat because my dad's given her pretty much whatever she wanted since my mom died, not that I can really fault him for it, he did his share of spoiling me too (paying for my wedding, and honeymoon) And the older one just needs to stop feeling sorry for herself because I'm about the last of her friends she hasn't yet alienated, although if I wasn't her sister also, I'd probably have ditched her *** by now