Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2010, 10:04 PM   #191
TheLittleButtonBakery
Registered Users
Formerly: littlemonkeyfoot
seller

My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers *WIP* 8/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyLD View Post
OMG i am going to loose it!!!!!!!!

The kids got into some gorilla glue yesterday.. I thought they just got it on their hands. WELL.. Then i figured out that someone glues the twins door to the wall.. (Gee i wonder who thought of that... ) Well today.. I figured out that someone glues the light switch off... I tried to hit it with something to get it to turn on... well that shattered the light switch.. (The glue is stronger than i thought..) AND THEN.. I figured out that someone glued the latch thingie on the door in. SO THE FLIPPING DOOR WONT CLOSE.. OMG I am going to freaking loose it. The twins wont go to sleep because there is nothing keeping them in their room. I am going nuts. I am pissed..

I am soooo pissed off at my DD1 right now.
Holy Cow!! Sounds like something you would see here

Advertisement

TheLittleButtonBakery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #192
LadybugMom757
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandabarugh View Post

My babe is teething, as well.

I haven't been on this thread in a few, but I had a quickie... can you safely pair mountain meadow with cestari? They seem similar enough to me.
Oh yes, my 4 month old is teething as well she is drooling everywhere and biting on her fist like it's going out of style. Is it normal for teething babies to eat MORE often???? She's been waking up a lot more at night lately. I'm so tired.
Oh, I was also going to say I pair MMW and Cestari, no problems.

Quote:

The kids got into some gorilla glue yesterday.. I thought they just got it on their hands. WELL.. Then i figured out that someone glues the twins door to the wall.. (Gee i wonder who thought of that... ) Well today.. I figured out that someone glues the light switch off... I tried to hit it with something to get it to turn on... well that shattered the light switch.. (The glue is stronger than i thought..) AND THEN.. I figured out that someone glued the latch thingie on the door in. SO THE FLIPPING DOOR WONT CLOSE.. OMG I am going to freaking loose it. The twins wont go to sleep because there is nothing keeping them in their room. I am going nuts. I am pissed..

Whoa, I thought my day was bad.

Last edited by LadybugMom757; 08-08-2010 at 10:28 PM.
LadybugMom757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:33 PM   #193
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

This Yoda sweater is written to be knit in five pieces (back, front left, front right, and two sleeves) and all seamed. I'm working out how to make it all in one piece. It's going... interestingly . I know now what I would have done if I was going to start from scratch, at least. I might add that in my Rav notes on it. Some things I still have to knit and see first, instead of being able to "see" it from the pattern, so I did some things right and some things... well, it'll work, but I could have done much better .
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:39 PM   #194
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well DH came home and fixed the door.. But the light switch is going ot have to wait.. Let just hope i am calm my blood pressure enough to not go into PTL
Old 08-08-2010, 10:49 PM   #195
JennyAnn913
Registered Users
Formerly: miasmamma913
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELC Knits View Post
This looks amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothDiaperMyBaby View Post
my SH! just need pocket! sorry for bad pic!
Fricking Gorgeous.

Quote:

What little turds!
Old 08-08-2010, 11:02 PM   #196
ELC Knits
Registered Users
Formerly: tina_clewis
seller

My Mood:

I know I have Mosaic Moon's yarn descriptions here -

Gaia Worsted soft in texture but not as soft as its bulky counterpart and not as soft as the Uruguay. Seems to pill less than the bulky. Makes a light weight fabric great for items that need drape such as skirts and dresses. Very generous yardage. Dyes in a softer way than BFL. Actually a DK weight not a worsted so nice for items needing DK.

Montana Targhee one of the woolen yarns (like Cestari and Mountain Meadow). Creates a garment more like a jean. Low pill, less likely to felt from wear. Generous yardage. Tends to take dye darker than BFL. Has low tencel strength so although it creates a nice durable garment but the yarn itself breaks frequently during milling so you will find more knots when knitting.

Cestari Fine Merino woolen yarn. Low pill, felt resistant. Creates a garment more like a jean. Soft in texture but not as soft as Gaia Bulky or BFL. More difficult to create ruffles and less of a loose drape. Dyes similar to BFL but without as much sheen. My favorite of the "tough" yarns for crawlers and toddlers.

Uruguay Merino 3 ply. Very soft in texture. Generous yardage. Creates a nice drape. Pills with small and numerous pills. Seems to continue to pill even after shaving. Felts easily in the gusset. Dyes color distinctly and rich. Worsted weight perfect for most "worsted weight" projects.

Uruguay Merino 1 ply. One of the softest yarns. Excellent for newborn garments and adult garments. Felts the easiest so used less often as bottoms for toddlers and crawlers but has nice drape for tops, hats, scarves, cowls etc.

BFL bulky and aran silky soft. Dyes with a sheen that looks luminescent. Moderate pilling that reduces after shaving. Felts lighter in the gusset than Uruguay 3-ply. Many yarns in the gallery are pictured on BFL so it will usually dye true. Creates a soft cushiony fabric. Bulky yardage similar to Gaia so the aran will go further in a project.

Gaia organic merino amazingly soft. Fantastic feeling to knit with it. The bulky weight of the yarn feels nice being held in the hands. Pills smaller in number but the pills themselves are large (some people say they are too big for shaver holes). Moderate risk of felting in the gusset. Creates a nice thick warm fabric. Appears to reduce the number of pills as the garment is shaved. Takes dye more muted and soft. Simply a joy to knit.

Mountain Meadow Wool. I have never used this yarn personally. It is a woolen spun yarn so it should be similar to Cestari and Targhee in its low pilling and felt resistant characteristics. Supposed to be machine washable.

Most of the "worsted yarns" you can get newborn longies with 1 skein. Cestari, and BFL need about 5 oz for smalls.

I know Family Roots has theirs on their website, I will try and get it here too. If someone else wants to compile a main list. Maybe others can chip in ones they know too.
Braeden joined us 1/11/2012!!
ELC Knits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:06 PM   #197
ELC Knits
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay this is Family Roots yarns

Cestari Fine Merino - 210yds/4ozs, 4.5sts/in US8 knitting needles
Cestari Merino worsted is heavier worsted that is very warm making it ideal for winter sweaters and longies. It is also very durable and pills very little. It is a mildly textured 2-ply yarn that has somewhat of a handspun feel to it. This yarn can really take a beating and keep on looking brand new.

Cestari Merino Sport has all of the wonderful properties of the worsted weight only it is lighter. I love this yarn for socks (I'm wearing a pair right now and they are heavenly). It is also well suited for making light weight sweaters, scarves, mittens, hats etc…

Gaia Organic Merino - comes in bulky (155yds/4ozs, 4sts/in on US9 knitting needles) and worsted (280yds/4ozs, 5.5-6sts/in on US6-7 knitting needles)

Gaia Organic Merino is soft and smooth in the extreme and because it is heavily plied it is also strong in the extreme. Although it felts more than many other yarns, after a quick shave it looks as good as new. This yarn is so strong that when my kids were babies and wore longies I always put them in their Gaia longies for car rides. If you have ever snagged your child's longies in the buckles of their car seats and cringed while waiting to see if you had created a gaping hole in your favorite pair… then you will love Gaia merino. The pants would come off before the yarn broke. It's just that strong.

Willow Merino - 250yds/4ozs - 5sts/in US7 knitting needles

I branded this yarn after my daughter Willow Marie because I can't stop saying nice things about it! Just like my daughter! Both are simply wonderful. This smoothly 3-plied yarn really has it all. It is a truly medium worsted weight yarn that still manages to have a whopping 250yds per skein. It is very squishy and light, very absorbent and dries lightening fast. It is as close as you can get to non pilling wool. All of this, and yes, it is still soft!

Kona Superwash Merino - Comes in Worsted (210yds/4ozs - 5sts/in on US7knitting needles)and DK (280yds/4ozs - 6sts/in US6 knitting needles)

This is a smoothly plied very soft superwash yarn that is perfect for knitting items that you don't want to fuss over when it comes to washing. While it is machine washable it is a good idea to wash it on a delicate cycle and either lay it flat to dry or dry it on low heat. It is a light worsted that has lovely drape. Sunshine superwash makes lovely scarves, gloves, sweaters, summer tops and dresses, blankets etc… If you want to make a gift for someone who is scared of caring for wool, this yarn is perfect (and saves you from having to knit with acrylic yarn)!

Mountain Meadow Rambouillet 2-ply Worsted (MMR) - 210yds/4ozs - 5sts/in US7 knitting needles

MMR is soft, squishy (high loft) and very warm. It pills minimally and holds up well to rough wear. It takes dye beautifully with nice rich tones and a high sheen. MMR is currently my favorite yarn to knit sweaters for my 3 active girls.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #198
ELC Knits
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And I emailed Tia of Julibeans and Micsknitz to see if they would be willing to help us out. If anyone else has anyone they can contact, I am trying to add all the info into a word document!
Old 08-08-2010, 11:18 PM   #199
ELC Knits
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Laines Magnifiques yarns --

Yarns

We offer a variety of 100% wool, all natural yarns, and we are hoping to add other natural fibres to our stash. Here you will find details of the current yarns we offer in our variety of colourways. All of our yarns are dyed with professional washfast, fade resistant acid dyes.

Currently we offer the following yarns:

Blue Faced Leicester: Commonly referred to as the "Poor Man's Cashmere" BFL is a very soft yet sturdy yarn. It plies together nicely to form a round yarn, which is excellent for intricate stitches. We offer BFL in Aran, Bulky and DK weight, and will be branching out into sock weight yarns in the near future. BFL is 100% wool with the exception of the sock yarn which will be 80% wool 20% nylon making it machine washable. BFL takes dyes vibrantly and bright!

Royal Merino: This merino will be one of our new regularly offered wools. This is lowland merino where the ewes wool is sheared in a very humane manner. The yarn is a very soft, supple yarn that is nice and springy and a joy to work with.

Cestari Fine Merino: This two ply heavy worsted merino is from Cestari Farms, a very soft merino with clearly defined plies. This yarn is a dream to knit up and takes dye wonderfully.

Indulgence Wool/Alpaca: This is an unbelievably soft and luxurious wool/alpaca blend yarn. 65% soft merino wool blended with 35% baby alpaca. A super soft yarn that not only takes up dye beautifully and vibrantly, it is also a dream to work with whether you are knitting or crocheting. This wool comes in an Aran weight, approximately 205 yards per 4 ounce skein.

Gaia Organic Merino: This is a 100% merino yarn; the sheep are organically raised and the wool is organically processed. Currently we are offering this yarn in a light bulky weight, however, in the future we plan on branching out into sock and worsted weight Gaia.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:27 PM   #200
moonglowdesigns
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELC Knits View Post
I thought of that yarn too, remembering when you posting about it! Have you started on either one of those projects yet? The "Through the Woods" or the...um....shoot, I wanted one for myself too, I can't remember the name but it was a sweater lol!
I haven't started it yet BUT it is next my stuff keeps on getting knocked back b/c of customs and my 3yo decided all he is going to wear this winter are longies and he 'needs at least 5 pairs' according to him I think I'm going to cast it on here this next week and switch back and forth between the longies and the 'Through the Woods' hood/cowly thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valeriepdx View Post
Not AT ALL. Bedrooms are for sleeping and if it frees up living space then put them all together!
We are in a 3bdrm apt in student housing right now and all 3 of my boys are in one room and we already decided that if we have another I'll just get a second set of bunks for that room. They actually LOVE all being in the same room and prefer it. We've tried to spread them out over two rooms and they all pick one room or the other and all pile in the same bed So we have an office/craft room as well!