Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What do you use for potty training at night time?

My 2 yr old is getting there for days when it comes to potty training. We havent tried night time yet as we havent even gotten the hang of it outside the home yet. We have been using pull ups, but they leaked bad. So I went to the night time pull ups again leaked bad. Its getting to where she leaks so bad its all over the bed and her. I dont want to do diapers as I didnt want to stop her from PT when its day time and we havent done any diapers in well over a month now. I tried the trainers that said they can do overnight but she leaks again. What can I use or what can I do for this to not happen? She is going to stay the night with my mom in a couple wks so I want to get something down before then.

Advertisement

Old 08-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
Chagen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you use for potty training at night time?

You may have a heavy wetter and just going to have to wait it out. In the mean time protect the mattress and make the bed in layers... makes for fast and easy bed changes in the middle of the night. You said you tried trainers, have you tried a trainer that has a pocket that you can stuff for additional absorbency? My only other thought would be wool over then trainer. Babyology soaker was bulletproof on my DD, of course it was heavily lanolized. HTH
Old 08-14-2010, 06:59 PM   #3
Charitys*Creations
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just used cloth diapers at night. My DD only used them for about 3 months. Over half the time she was dry in the morning. Now she just wears her pj's. in the last month she only has had 2 accidents at night.
Charitys*Creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #4
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chagen View Post
You may have a heavy wetter and just going to have to wait it out. In the mean time protect the mattress and make the bed in layers... makes for fast and easy bed changes in the middle of the night. You said you tried trainers, have you tried a trainer that has a pocket that you can stuff for additional absorbency? My only other thought would be wool over then trainer. Babyology soaker was bulletproof on my DD, of course it was heavily lanolized. HTH
I havent tried any of them, do you know who would make something like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charitys*Creations View Post
We just used cloth diapers at night. My DD only used them for about 3 months. Over half the time she was dry in the morning. Now she just wears her pj's. in the last month she only has had 2 accidents at night.
I think it would slow her down if we did cloth diapers at night time. We were before we switched to pull ups and she would pee during the day telling me she was a baby as she used CD at night time. That is when we switched.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:29 PM   #5
kej
Registered Users
seller

I think Snap Eez makes a pocket trainer. Or else, you can slit the inside fabric of the trainer, making a pocket for stuffing. Few months ago, I bought 3 from someone here, and one of them had been made into a pocket that way (the other 2 were real pockets). I'd stuff them with a hemp prefold. Sometimes we still had leaks, but it was great that she could pull them down herself, unlike diapers. We call them her "special night time undies."
kej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
Chagen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
I havent tried any of them, do you know who would make something like that?
I have only seen pocket trainer patterns but I like PP's idea of splitting the material on a pocket, really it is the same thing. Perhaps just a regular trainer that is waterproof (PUL outer) would be enough to keep her dry? As far as the babyology wool goes I get our at naturalbum.com. Wool can absorb quite a bit of moister. If you could stuff a pocket decently then add the wool you should be good to go. Babyology also sells wool longies that may work out better so they can just be PJ bottoms and the pocket/trainer can be the special night time underwear. Maybe these: http://getantsy.com/Antsy-Pants-Compared-To-Waterproof-Trainers.html with the wool? Another option... there are the Gerber waterproof vinyl covers.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #7
stephy4632
Licensed Knitter
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

with our oldest we used the gerber pull on undies with there plastic pants I was not a huge fan but didn`t want to invest a ton in trainers either and she was day trained by 14months and night by 22months ( we didn`t start night until she was around 18-19 months though ) so she wasn`t in them long.

With my YDD I just used regular underwear with a PUL valcro cover from our stash. It only took her about 2weeks and she was fine to go without a cover.

I didn`t want any extra padding I wanted them to know they where wet and to wake up thats the idea of night training so IMO thinner worked
stephy4632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:08 PM   #8
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well with my DD we used Happy Heiny trainers stuffed with like 2 hemp inserts, I also used XL FB and my one lone Snap-Ez. So I guess technically I just use diapers on her.

DS wears sposie pull-ups to bed. But he has been waking up dry recently! Woohoo!

K R M
MyKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:25 PM   #9
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies Ill try out those ideas!
Old 08-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #10
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have been using cloth diapers. But now DS won't wear one.. he flipps out and cries.. so I let him go to bed naked, and then when he's totally in a deep sleep I'll slip in there and put a diaper on him. He's a very hard sleeper, so I can get by with this.

I am having some night trainers made for him from opera_diva. He happily wore the "night time underwear" that his older brother used (night trainers from the HC store 2by2boutique), but he's thicker than his brother so he grew out them very quickly.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote