Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #11
Bethan_77
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What kind of vax reations have your kids had?

Dd's poops lost their seedy look after the rotavirus. We won't do that one with #2.

As a kid I had meningitis and encephalitis from the flu shot. The first time I had a bad backache for weeks. The second I was hospitalized and the third year everything was handled OP. Of course "that had nothing to do with the flu shot". Fortunately, my allergist, who had originally insisted on the shot, was the one who said this was enough, I should NEVER have it again, and that was the end of the problems.

Advertisement

Old 08-11-2010, 06:18 PM   #12
isaacsmum
Registered Users

After his 2 month vaccines, DS was cranky and his legs were obviously sore. He ran a fever the same evening of around 102. No problems after the subsequent doses.

About a week after his MMR, he developed a fever of ~101 for a day, followed by a faint rash head to toe for about 2 days. No other symptoms.
isaacsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:19 PM   #13
youngmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

none...my son cried at the time of the shot until I handed him his lovey and bink as with most of his bumps and falls.
No temps, and he was only fussy after his 6mo round of shots.
He is fully vax'ed on the dr's schedule.
He just recently had his 18mo round of shots-nothing.
We love cloth diapers , but I am a non-crunchy mommy.#3 due in Oct
youngmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #14
sallyjean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not much, just fussy in the afternoon following Dtap shots and a bit red at injection site but I think the band-aid made them more red than the shot.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #15
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Full torso rash lasting 6 weeks (started around time of shots, and was aggravated, I think, by the doctor's awful advice on skin care products to get rid of it), screaming nonstop until throwing up and eventually passing out after about 2 hours (this was after 2 month shots), diarrhoea for 4 weeks straight (8x a day, resulting in a anal fissure that took 6 months to heal and resulted in ripping/bleeding with every poop, pretty sure Rotavirus caused that, she got 2/3 doses, second dose was "only" a week of diarrhoea compared to the 4 weeks after the first dose), swollen lump at injection sight for 4 weeks (they told me it was "normal" and was from the DTaP, but it wasn't on that leg, and they told me 'normal' was 2 weeks, and by week 4 they were just blowing me off), she had a slight fever with both sets, but that was the least of our problems :angry:

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:57 PM   #16
photomikey
Since there is reason to suspect that this user and CDMama12 are the same person and they have failed to repsond to pm's asking for clarification, both accounts are being banned.

Nothing to speak of here. She's a little nappy after vax's sometimes, but we've never really pounded out a solid nap schedule, so I can't even attribute it to the vax - dr appointment days she usually doesn't nap in the morning anyhow.
photomikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #17
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD nothing(she was caught up on shots until 18M shots...whatever those are. sadly, i never thought to think about them--all before i came to DS!)

DS got "caught up" on shots bcz we were a little behind when he was 8months and within a week he started having sleeping issues and cried all-the-time for about 2 months. then one day he just stopped crying. i haven't given him anymore shots since, im just...scared. and uninformed.

reading these PP's scares the begeezees out of me
Old 08-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #18
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Thanks for sharing!
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:47 PM   #19
magooken
Registered Users
seller

none! maybe just soreness where it went in.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #20
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first child didn't receive any shots till He was 3 1/2. He refused to walk for 3 days after the first round and stopped making eye contact, speaking to no one in particular and would stare at the wall. Not to mention the high fevers and sleepless nights with nightmares. He's now been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome.

My second child was 2 when we started getting hers. High fevers and sleepless nights.

My third we started at birth High fevers, red bumps at the injection sight, Vomiting.

4th was the same as was the 5th..

But I think what really caused me to question things is when my Oldest went in for his Jr. High Shots. The MCV (Meningococcal). 103 Fever, Hallucinations, stuttering, stumbling. I took him into the Dr the very next morning and he pretty much blew me off. I got ANGRY and told him I was going to report him. He then said he would report what happened... but he never did. He all but called me Paranoid and said I really need to read up on medical information and stay away from the Internet.

Our 6th has not had one Vaccination. Every time I took her into the Dr for a check up and to get a shot I would feel sick to my stomach. Almost like something was telling me NOT to do it. Again my Dr. called me Paranoid and told me they are completely safe. Blah Blah blah.. Well.. I'm listening to my Mommy Gut. I'll give them to her when I feel it's safe to. (And from what I've been reading and informing myself about them in the last 2 years.. that won't be any time soon.)