Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #41
ctj101502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any one have positive stories about a broken sac? *Sad update 9.1*

Oh no, I am so sorry, what a difficult trial to lose any baby, but especially that far along....

Advertisement

Can't forget my 6 lil blessings!!!
ctj101502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:42 AM   #42
Mum2Addison
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, I'm so sorry for your friend I'm praying for her other LO's too.

-Brigette
Mum2Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #43
dawnp15
Registered Users
seller

I'm really so sorry to hear about your friend, and will be saying a special prayer for them. My twins were born at 27 weeks, and had a rough road. Baby A our girl was only 1lb 14oz and suffered a grade 4 brain bleed. Baby B our boy was 2lbs 9oz and had a grade 1 brain bleed. Our little man is doing great today, and beside some ashma issues from his preemie lungs you would never know he was a preemie.

Today they are 22 months old and doing much better, but it's not an easy road. Our DD is very dealayed in all areas and had to have a feeding tube placed before she left the NICU. She just could not cordinate her feeding and breathing, but she thrived well with the tube in place. After about 7 months she finally was able to bottle all her feeds and we were able to stop using the feeding tube. To this day she pretty much bottles all her feeds, and will only take a few ounces of purees by spoon. She won't tolerate anything thick or with chunks in it. As far as her motor skills go, she is now able to crawl on all fours and pull herself to standing. It has taken her many months of physical therapy to get her to this point, but the great thing about her is that she is always moving forward in her progress. She may still be behind, but she is just constantly learning something new. She is just such a blessing and a fighter and i know she is just going to keep moving forward.

It's so hard to tell what the future will be for these little one's with grade 4 bleeds future will be. Cause each baby is different and it really depends on where the bleed happened, but i just want you to know that there is hope. As they grow older and they grow more brain tissue the other parts of their brains can learn to do things from the parts that they lost. Am i making any sence lol!!! It's sometimes hard to type that out.
I really know how hard it is to recieve that news and how bad it hurts, but i hope they know their not alone. That this does happen and it's very sad that it does, but there is hope!!
Old 09-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #44
kristinc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnp15 View Post
I'm really so sorry to hear about your friend, and will be saying a special prayer for them. My twins were born at 27 weeks, and had a rough road. Baby A our girl was only 1lb 14oz and suffered a grade 4 brain bleed. Baby B our boy was 2lbs 9oz and had a grade 1 brain bleed. Our little man is doing great today, and beside some ashma issues from his preemie lungs you would never know he was a preemie.

Today they are 22 months old and doing much better, but it's not an easy road. Our DD is very dealayed in all areas and had to have a feeding tube placed before she left the NICU. She just could not cordinate her feeding and breathing, but she thrived well with the tube in place. After about 7 months she finally was able to bottle all her feeds and we were able to stop using the feeding tube. To this day she pretty much bottles all her feeds, and will only take a few ounces of purees by spoon. She won't tolerate anything thick or with chunks in it. As far as her motor skills go, she is now able to crawl on all fours and pull herself to standing. It has taken her many months of physical therapy to get her to this point, but the great thing about her is that she is always moving forward in her progress. She may still be behind, but she is just constantly learning something new. She is just such a blessing and a fighter and i know she is just going to keep moving forward.

It's so hard to tell what the future will be for these little one's with grade 4 bleeds future will be. Cause each baby is different and it really depends on where the bleed happened, but i just want you to know that there is hope. As they grow older and they grow more brain tissue the other parts of their brains can learn to do things from the parts that they lost. Am i making any sence lol!!! It's sometimes hard to type that out.
I really know how hard it is to recieve that news and how bad it hurts, but i hope they know their not alone. That this does happen and it's very sad that it does, but there is hope!!
thanks for the kid words and story. for this mama the baby with the grade 4 passed away i am happy to hear that yours survived and seems to be thriving
kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #45
dawnp15
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinc View Post
thanks for the kid words and story. for this mama the baby with the grade 4 passed away i am happy to hear that yours survived and seems to be thriving
Geez louise i should have read better . I've been thinking about them all day, i just know how hard it is to go through something like this. Please KUP if you can

Last edited by dawnp15; 09-02-2010 at 03:39 PM.
dawnp15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:35 AM   #46
AnnaG01
Registered Users
seller

Oh no...poor baby and mama (and daddy of course)...that is heart breaking!
Riley (6), Skyler (4) , Payton (2) & our new baby Quinn Mackenzie My Blog
AnnaG01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:04 AM   #47
GreenHome Sewing
Registered Users
Formerly: Jonah Baby
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry to hear this, Mama.

I hope she finds relief in her grieving soon and her heart can move on to her remaining babies.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:47 PM   #48
viersmommy
Registered Users
seller

My DD was born at 24w4d. She had a level 4 bleed.

She will be 5 in December She does have very mild CP, uses a brace on her left leg, awesome vocabulary skills, but has some issues with thought organization. She has physical therapy once a week and will start OT this coming week

Praying for these babies and their parents!

fighting breast cancer since 8/2010- recently found out it has metastasized to lungs, spine, ribs, femurs, hips, liver and brain
viersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote