Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2010, 01:11 AM   #1
Ladymum
Registered Users

going out with CD

Today I fianally worked up the courage to go out and about (dinner and the store) and I didnt bring any sposies with me. Usually I put a sposie on her. I dont know why I have been so scared.
So my first time out .. I am changing her at the restraunt and a new mommy of twins comes in to change one of her LO's!
I think I converted her!!!

Advertisement

Ladymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:40 AM   #2
crazylife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: going out with CD

Yep...changing cloth diapers in public is a great way to get conversations going and educate other people! Way to go!
crazylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:32 AM   #3
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I usually wimp out and grab sposies for outings lately. The other day I got brave and packed a couple of Megaroos and an extra pair of interlock shorts. Well, we had a poop incident and now I am scarred for life again. or, at least, I have learned to use pul or a fitted (leg elastic) in the future!
Old 08-14-2010, 09:30 AM   #4
danielsgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I need to...I've been too scared to do it so far. I think it'll be "easier" for me now that I'm switching over to pockets and PF/s with Flips
danielsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #5
coobeastie
Registered Users
seller

I just recently decided to use CDs when we go out. I got a wet bag from babyhalfof.com that kind of inspired me. I don't normally go out for long periods anyway. I do still have some sposies, I guess I'll let MIL use them if she has to babysit.
coobeastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #6
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Prefolds are hard to take when out and about because you never know what type of changing area you'll end up with and how difficult it might be to get the fold you want. I always pack OS BGs prestuffed with inserts so they either fit my 2 1/2 yr old or my 2 month old baby, I love OS diapers when they work like they're supposed to.
mariamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:12 AM   #7
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

I was never scared to CD out and about. I figured lil one has to be changed regardless. I don't change in public if at all avoidable, though. I always bring my lil one to the van for a diaper change. Public bathrooms gross me out beyond belief. LOL
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:00 PM   #8
nurse&mom23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am not scared to CD out and about in general, we have LESS leaks and such with cloth then we ever did with sposies. I am scared to do wool out, though. I love wool and fitteds for the house and night time, but for out and about I mostly stick with AIO's. It is a shame too b/c we have some really cute woolies!