Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #31
elkay724
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'd like to see pictures of Boba Wearers!

Does the Boba go up high enough for a toddler to sleep in it without their head bobbling all around?

Advertisement

elkay724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:44 PM   #32
Husky359
Registered Users

No one answered this last question and I am interested. ;-)
Husky359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #33
issybissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok so i have come full circle...didnt realize someone reopened this thread...
here is my experience..i used it for a few weeks (in 100 plus degree weather) abroad when dd was less than a yr, but about 15lbs...it worked , i loved it...but i didnt like the heavy canvas material..and buckles,,
i invested in a toddlerhawk and wrap n tie, and LOVED them both! i gues iw as a mei tai girl, so i sold the boba. i then got an ergo, just for kicks...and really found it comfty! but the back was just too darn low and dd would pull herself back and it caught me off balance more than a few times...so i sold that too, and invested in an ABC. That carrier was rEALLY lovely, the print was beautiful, the back was high...but it just wasnt built like the boba or the ergo, the buckles seemed cheap and the shoulders werent padded as well...so i found myself aching in places that hadnt ached with the other 2 carriers...so i reluctantly sold it brand new!...
anyhow, recently the bobas were featured on zulily for $40, so of course i couldnt refuse. dd is 16 months and still likes to be worn and i thought i'd give it a go again, esp since the long ties on the mt's were not allowing for a super quick "throw back" lol..
anyhow, i bought 2 for $40, one is dusk and the other is dark brown, like my old chestnut...so i ccan see which one ill keep and which ill gift to my friend at her shower.
to the poster who asked about the toddlers head flopping,t his has a hood so that you can keep that from happening.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #34
delore
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How fun that this thread has come alive again!

To update like PP did:
We still love our Boba. It's the carrier both DH and I use the most, hands down. DD is really heavy so having her weight on my hips is very nice for my scoliosis back, and DH loves the quick on & off. I'll put DD in a wrap occasionally when she's in a snuggly mood but my shoulders can't handle it for long periods. I like our Kozy too but again, for longer periods the Boba is just more comfy for me. We have lots of camping & hiking plans this summer so it will be interesting to see how the Boba is in the heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky359 View Post
No one answered this last question and I am interested. ;-)
No, the back would probably reach anywhere from a toddler's neck to his/her upper back, depending on how tall of a kid you have. That is what we love the hood for, it cradles a sleeping LO's head nicely but still has a good airflow on the sides.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #35
sushimama
Registered Users

My Mood:

also keen to see pics - i ordered a Gemini, still waiting for it...
sushimama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:31 AM   #36
NewCDMomTiff
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
This is neat and thanks to all the moms who posted! This is the carrier that has me interested in babywearing.
NewCDMomTiff is offline   Reply With Quote