Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-19-2010, 09:32 AM   #11
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stainless sippy?

We use Kleen Kanteens for water, but I can't get myself to put milk in them. I use to have Foogoo ones by Thermos and used them for milk for DS. They worked well. As my kids got older though and would lose their cups of milk all the time we actually switched to cheap safe plastic cups that I could throw away without feeling badly.

If you are looking for stainless steel ones though...KK are great! They hold up well to being beaten too. My kids have dropped theirs, thrown them, and etc. yet they are still in great condition.

Advertisement

Old 08-19-2010, 12:10 PM   #12
poopstermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kleen Kanteen is a great option, but I couldn't afford 2 of them (which is a necessity when one is misplaced!) so I got an Oggi, and it is GREAT! Just exactly like the KK but much cheaper. They look identical- I can't tell them apart- and they both take the avent spouts. We only do water in a sippy cup, so no insulation needed here...
poopstermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:32 PM   #13
joeymomrn
Registered Users

My Mood:

we have used the safe sippy for about a year now. Ds is almost two and just started using the Klean Kanteens one I bought for him a LONG time ago. It was just too big and leaky for him till now. The safe sippy works well. I bought it at babysrus at the time but I don't think they sell them there anymore, they went on clearence a while back. I got fed up with using plastic sippy cups and this is the only sippy that ds would drink well from. He seems able to get liquid out much easier than other cups. It will leak if thrown, a few drops, nothing horrible. Honestly, I didn't think the price difference was that big, esp considering you use them for a long while. I don't remember paying more than $12 for ours. We ended up getting two, one for milk and one for juice.

Jeanine Catholic, wife to dh (4-28-07), semi-nonvaccing, NFP, home schooler, mommy to J (9-12-08) B (12-9-11) and due 4-28-13 with #3
joeymomrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:00 PM   #14
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I really like the Munchkin Stainless Steel Sippies.. They are a nice size (9 oz IIRC) and dont leak. We have 2 of them (one for DD and one for DS2), and I MUCH prefer them over the Foogo Sippies. DS1 has a Foogo Starw Cup tho, and we dont mind that one.

The munchkin cups were around $10 at Walmart.
LunaBirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:37 PM   #15
Hailey
Registered Users
seller

We love our Klean Kanteens(same 3 for 3 years!), and I have just started using the Safe Sporter for DS who is almost 4, and they are great! I love the silicone sleeve on these since they are not insulated(they don't slip outta his hand when they start sweating!)
Old 04-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #16
eco-mary
Registered Users

The best one for us is the Pura Kiki sippy. They are 100% plastic free and the bottles work with many nipples and spouts. The new blue spouts are really nice and much more durable and leak proof
eco-mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #17
Hscute
Registered Users
seller
seller

We love klean kanteen, they make a new sippy top that is one piece and doesn't leak.
Hscute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #18
neonalee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Is the KK the one with the narrow mouth? How do you clean it? I don't like not being able to see the bottom when I clean. Can it go in the dishwasher?

I Swagbucks
neonalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #19
milosmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Klean Kanteens can go in the dishwasher. I wash them top rack and throw the two sippy top parts in w/ my silverware. My son is 5 and still prefers and asks for his KK every day. Watch for them on baby/kid steals.....they sell them discounted there often. I have bought them there before and you usually have to buy them in sets of two but it is a good deal. Well worth it when you use them for years like we have.
milosmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #20
lizgrace07
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have safe sippys. They've been great!