Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-10-2015, 04:03 AM   #1
cjdetweiler
Registered Users
seller

Babies r us Prefolds

Has anyone tried these? My sister is expecting a baby is july and she is registered for 4 packs of these dipes. I like to try and stick to registries as much as possible when gifting but knowing my sister she hasn't done much research into quality diapers and thinks these are as good as any. I was thinking of making her a diaper cake of prefolds and flats (she wants to keep her stash simple) and maybe a few pops of fun colorful covers, maybe an AIO or 2. I was only gifted 3 diapers for my baby shower and I don't want that to happen to her. I think it would be better to provide a gift made of quality/gently used diapers than brand new but crummy prefolds, right?

Advertisement

cjdetweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 04:45 AM   #2
IVmom
Registered Users

Re: Babies r us Prefolds

I don't know about the BRU prefolds, but I'd agree that gently used but great quality diapers would be better than really poor quality new ones. The prefold cake sounds really awesome. I'm kind-of jealous. ��
IVmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 06:57 AM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Babies r us Prefolds

I don't know either I read through the reviews for a minute and I saw only one person that say they used them as diapers. She said they weren't as absorbed as there polyblend which might be gerber. Now Gerber prefolds have the standard prefold absorbancy. Personally I would talk to her about it and ask if she would be okay with you purchasing a different brand. You can "surprise" her with a cake.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote