Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-17-2010, 07:02 AM   #1
arly1983
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How long for "return to sender" mail to get back to the sender?

If the package was going from Georgia to California?

Backstory:

I ordered a single instock item for $30ish from hyenacart seller that is moderately known and has positive feedback on July the 4th.

The seller prints a shipping label on July 18th. From the 4th until the 18th I find out that DH needs to be in FL a week later and I need to move ASAP. So I didn't think to check on the soaker until the 19th and she didn't send any messages so when I saw that the label had been printed the day before and thought surely it will be in the mail shortly.

Fast forward to August 5th, I check on the tracking for the lable and it still says that the USPS has been electronically notified to expect this package for shipping and thats it. I am still in GA at this point, expecting to take the last load of everything the next weekend. I am hot at this point and just decide to just file a paypal dispute for item not received. I stuck to the facts: I purched this time July 4th and have not recieved it yet and the post office has no record of receiving it.

The seller contacted me back that yes, she did this ship this and got on to me for not emailing her and filing a dispute. No apology.

I message back that I was upset at the delay in shipping in printing off a label and felt like a dispute would get me better results.

She said that she would look into it and that it must be lost by USPS and she could make a replacement and she was sorry. I messaged back and said that if it was lost then all I was interested in was a refund. This was all on the 5th of august.

On the 9th of August she messages me that after USPS assured her that they did not have it. So she went home and looked and found it in her car and took it directly to the post office (must have been on the 6th of august because thats when the PO shows as receiving it). She says that she is so glad that we were able to resolve everything.

SO I messager her back that No, everything is not resolved. That mistake or not, 1 months shipping is not acceptable and to top everything off have just moved and have no way of getting the package and that I will be leaving appropriate feedback.

I check the tracking number and it was delivered on the 9th (the day she messaged me, 3 days after finding and mailing it)

My accross the street neighbor, who is elderly and doesn't get out much, has been collecting my mail for me (this is a temporary 7 month move and getting forwarding turned off is nearly impossible). I call and she says that yes, she has a package from such and such.

Seller messages me back and says that I can take a 50% refunds and keep the item or write return to sender on it or mail it back to her. I tell her that I prefer a full refund and will have my neighbor write return to sender on the package since it hasn't been opened.

My neighbor writes return to sender on it and puts it back in the mailbox the next day a little before the mailman runs. She checks it an hour later and the package is gone and the daily mail is there. This is on the 10th.

The seller messages yesterday (the 16th) and askes when the item was sent because she would have expected to have received it by now. I contact USPS, they say that return to sender mail is the lowest priority mail, even below parcel post, and it can be quite slow so I am thinking since its going accross the country...

I was hoping that the tracking would be still tracking it but its not.

So I messager her back and tell her what they told me and she messages me back that she "feels like it usually just takes a week or so"

I don't know how but I SO WISH that I would have figured out a way to get it mailed back to her so there was some DC on it.

I have no way of knowing when or if it ever makes it back to her.

I just want this all to be over and I am SO SICK of it that I am tempted to say just keep the money. I will let karma take over.

So if you made it this far, thanks.

Advertisement

Old 08-17-2010, 07:29 AM   #2
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How long for "return to sender" mail to get back to the sender?

I would think it will probably be slow to get back to her....I would not expect it to arrive any time before 2 weeks - the PO is doing you a favor by returning it and they are known to take their own sweet time with stuff they don't really have to hurry on (like bulk mail) It has ONLY been one week today!! She needs to relax about getting it back - I have had priority stuff take more than a week to get to me...and that is priority. I would message her back and say you checked with your PO and tell her what they said about how return to sender stuff is prioritized - you can even mention that she can call her po and discuss that as well....and tell her you would not expect it getting there until maybe next week at the earliest...and it MAY get scanned when it gets back - just even accidentally they usually don't scan stuff along the way so you never know...

good luck

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
arly1983
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long for "return to sender" mail to get back to the sender?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno View Post
I would think it will probably be slow to get back to her....I would not expect it to arrive any time before 2 weeks - the PO is doing you a favor by returning it and they are known to take their own sweet time with stuff they don't really have to hurry on (like bulk mail) It has ONLY been one week today!! She needs to relax about getting it back - I have had priority stuff take more than a week to get to me...and that is priority. I would message her back and say you checked with your PO and tell her what they said about how return to sender stuff is prioritized - you can even mention that she can call her po and discuss that as well....and tell her you would not expect it getting there until maybe next week at the earliest...and it MAY get scanned when it gets back - just even accidentally they usually don't scan stuff along the way so you never know...

good luck
Thanks, I was thinking that it was too soon, too. I have already messaged her about what the PO told me and then she messaged me back about thinking would take a week or so.