Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2010, 10:32 PM   #11
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dh agreed not to circ, but says

Normally, You won't find many men/boys wanting parts of thier penises cut off for any reason. lol

DH was asked when he was around 10 if he wanted it done. (mind you he was born in the 70's when just about everyone was Circ'd) And he said NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

I don't think you have anything to worry about honestly.. and even if he did, Atleast it would be HIS choice.

Advertisement

jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #12
MyLovely
Registered Users

If my son wants to get circumcised, he will have to wait until he is a legal adult and can pay for it himself. I will not sign or pay for any elective surgery for my children while they are minors.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:45 AM   #13
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janine View Post
My opinion is "his body, his choice". If I have a son and he decides he wants to be circ'd, I'm fine with that. I would make sure that he had proper information, was making an informed decision, and was over the age of 18. After that, he is free to choose circumcision, or any other cosmetic surgery. Personally, I'm against circing newborns not because I think circumcision is inherently evil, but because I feel it is a choice that must be left to the owner of the anatomy in question.
This.

We will also pay for it and care him while he is recovering if he that is his desire.

We have one of each and I can tell you I have never had a moment of regret with leaving our second son intact. I have TONS of regret about our first. I can't go back and fix things for him. He has had multiple issues due to being circumcised
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:07 PM   #14
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree the chances are slim that he'll actually want to go get it done, so I'd just leave it be. But my opinion on it is it's his body and his choice.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #15
alsatia23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's awesome that he is consenting to leave your son intact! I wouldn't worry about it, I highly doubt any boy/male/man would voluntarily want a piece of their penis cut off, but if he does, that's his choice.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #16
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

His penis his choice!
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #17
mommybird
Registered Users

My Mood:

I agree with everyone else that there is a very slim chance he'll want it done when he's a teenager, and if he does you let him decide so you can feel good about that.

If he is teased or bullied because he's intact (not likely, but depending on your area it could happen) and he decides he wants it done there will be time for you to sit down with him and a doctor and fully explain what it means to him, all the risks and the pain that will be associated with it. DH can say he'll take him right away to get it done, but it's not like DS can say "I was thinking I want to be circ'ed" and he can take him down to the mall and get it done, there will be doctor's visits and hospital times to schedule in advance. It isn't something he'll be able to enter into on a crazy whim.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #18
NMW
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nceveritt View Post
Yeah, exactly.
My thoughts exactly. I'd much rather have my son ask me why we didn't do it, and have the option of choosing for himself later in life.... if we had had it done as an infant there's no giving it back if he questions why we did it. I guess maybe you're worried that he will ask at a young age, though and your DH will take him without making sure he's sure? Not sure if it's different in different areas but most little boys I know/know of aren't (not all but the majority, and i think in our generation it was the opposite so a lot of ppl worry that it still is.) I dunno, I wouldn't imagine it would come up but who knows.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:57 PM   #19
lovemybabies924
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i dont circ either because i dont want to be the reason for my baby in pain,and i think its his choice.. but if he wants to do it when he is 18 then fine. i have a friend who has 2 brothers and we were talking about circing (we were both preggo w/boys) and she said that she had one brother who was, and one that wasn't and the one that didnt have it done wishes he did..so she was gonna do her son but i dont think she ended up doing it. but her brother never did anything about it and is married so i think hes fine haha
Old 08-19-2010, 07:27 PM   #20
linzbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The only thing I would worry about is if you think your DH will berate or otherwise make fun of your DS for the sole reason of pressurizing him into saying "I want to be circ'd"

ExtBFing, ERFing, CDing, bedsharing mama to Lucas (2-21-09), Gabriel (4-16-11), Elliot (1-17-14), and loving wife to Rodd
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote