Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #21
AshleyS.03
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Dh agreed not to circ, but says

I know two adult males who were not circd and both of them went and had it done. One was 28 and the other was 16. I just thought I would put this in here since a lot of people keep saying they doubt anyone would want their penis ripped off.

Advertisement

*Ashley* married to my HS sweetheart and US Marine *03*.Mommy of one DD *05*,DS *06* and due *9/16* with DS #2.one angel baby in heaven *09*
AshleyS.03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:42 PM   #22
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

A teenage boy DH worked with asked him who was going to circ our homebirthed baby boy. That got the discussion going-- apparently the teenager was considering circumcision because he felt different. DH told him all the reasons we were leaving DS intact (as much as he could say to a teenager anyway) and as far as I know, he never did go get circumcised.

So if you can convince DH not to circ now, there's a good chance the same arguments will work on DS later should he start considering circ.

However, if one of my sons wanted to be circ'ed, I'd leave that up to them.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #23
mommyfrog
Registered Users

My oldest ds asked me one day about a year ago why I didn't let him be circed and said he wanted to be circed. I told him that was fine with me but he'd have to watch a video of how they do it first. About 8 seconds into the video....."Nevermind." LOL!!
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:38 PM   #24
SignOfTheFishBurger
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janine View Post
My opinion is "his body, his choice". If I have a son and he decides he wants to be circ'd, I'm fine with that. I would make sure that he had proper information, was making an informed decision, and was over the age of 18. After that, he is free to choose circumcision, or any other cosmetic surgery. Personally, I'm against circing newborns not because I think circumcision is inherently evil, but because I feel it is a choice that must be left to the owner of the anatomy in question.
Exactly.

I'd make sure he were of an age of complete understanding, and given all the info and research if it were still something he wanted to go through with, I can't stop him (though it would break my heart).

But really... at that age when boys start finding penises funny and cool and all that jazz, I highly doubt he's gonna want to chop part of it off.
SignOfTheFishBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:24 PM   #25
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is the agreement I have with DH in regards to circ'ing as well.

I highly doubt the kid will want to be cut later unless there are issues.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:12 PM   #26
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethan_77 View Post
Dh agreed not to circ our son, but says that if he wants to be circed when he's older, he will take him to have it done immediately. Do you mamas think this is anything to worry about? I kind of hope dh just forgets about it after years of not seeing ds naked, and what teenager wants a part of his penis cut off?
A friend of mine had his circumcision done when we were in high school b/c he was made fun of for not being circ'd. A lot of mamas on here say that boys don't get made fun of for it, but that wasn't the case with my friend. All it takes is for 1 person to find out and the truth is you just don't know how children/teenagers are going to act and what they are going to say. I'm not saying that being teased is a reason to circ, but it was the reason my friend made his own choice.

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:51 AM   #27
suzyq010104
Registered Users

Both of my nephews are not circ and the oldest is almost 11 and he has no problem with the way he looks.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:56 AM   #28
descrstn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Why 18? Is ears pierced 18? Not in my house.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:51 AM   #29
wonton
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by descrstn View Post
Why 18? Is ears pierced 18? Not in my house.
There's a big difference between cutting off foreskin and piercing your ears.
You can take the earrings out and often the holes close, even if they dont there not major change but a little hole.

Apple and oranges in how it can change someone once it's done.
I mean really?
You dont have to go to a hospital to get your ears pierced!!

I wont have to "let" my son be circed if he wants to, as he will be 18 or older if he has it done. I would do my best to make sure he makes an informed decision and I am still his momma but after that it's all on him.

---

I think it's really sad that a male would have it done just because someone ignorant, immature would make fun of him.
Perhaps if he had someone he could talk to about it maybe he wouldve changed his mind.
The percentage of circ vs intact is changing so much now I really see it being a nonissue.
If someone was making fun of my genitalia, id be making fun of THEM for looking or caring.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:43 AM   #30
katina128
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't imagine him wanting it done later, but you never know. I highly doubt a circ'd guy would question it being done when he was a baby either. It is what it is if the parents choose that's what is best for their child when they are little. I think it's sad that anyone would get teased one way or another, but the fact is kids are cruel and will find anything they can to berate their peers if it's gonna make them feel better. Bullies are just like that. If my son wanted it done when he was older, I'd let him do it once he had a good understanding of it.

WAHM behind Lullaby Diapers Portfolio

katina128 is offline   Reply With Quote