Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #11
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Finding a new career!

Good luck mama! My hubby does IT and it can be hard sometimes. I know he can have really frustrating days.

Maybe look for at-home computer jobs? Or maybe just get your resume looking good and find another job that you would like better!

Advertisement

Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #12
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

oh man i so want to do something like this too. i hate my job, detest it. i write software, and i just....i really really hate it. i have an engineering degree, but i really want to be able to stay home with my baby but i am also the breadwinner. and i don't see how there's anything i could do from home that relates to my degree. and frankly, i want nothing to do with it anymore, i'm just sick of it. ugh. but anyways, you trying to do start something like that, gives me the courage to think that maybe someday i can work out something similar. we'll see. if dh could just find a good job.....
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #13
psylion
Registered Users
seller

I just wanted to be supportive about career change. I got laid off my from my job for taking too long of a maternity leave (I had to be on bedrest during the end of my pregnancy and then had to get gallbladder surgery 5 weeks after DD's birth). That gave me the shove to stop doing therapy/social work that was making me miserable. My current job is still somewhat related to social work but is much less intense. I am so much happier at work. It took a long time to find the right job but I am glad I took the time.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:44 AM   #14
BabyDiaperService
Registered Users
seller

Could you move to a new position within the company?
BabyDiaperService is offline   Reply With Quote