Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
yella12
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pressure/contractions? Lasting 6 hours today...

Have you had any episodes of
Pain/pressure lasting for a while recently? Not really contractions because it was lasting 2 or 3minutes or so at a time every 5 minutes and I feel a little better now, just ravenous! Didn't want to bother my midwife and baby was moving a ton just not sure about the pressure. I laid on my left side for over an hour and it only subsided a bit but then I got in a hot bath and then another 30 minutes lying in bed finally made it mostly disappear. Anyone hAve anything like this?

Advertisement

Old 08-19-2010, 08:06 PM   #2
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pressure/contractions? Lasting 6 hours today...

Not the pressure.. But i have bouts of painful contractions. I would tell the MW about the pressure.... Just my Opinion...
Old 08-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

everyonce and awhile ill have some pressure, feels like the baby is pushing down, like streching maybe? Seems like she is either way up under my ribs (like she is now) or really low in my pelvis. Mine only lasts like a min. each time and will be like that for a few hours on and off. i think my thing is justhow she is positioned. she likes to flip A LOT and push out in every which direction. id bring it up if it concerning you though.

Krystal
Momma to 99, 07 & Stella Grace 10/28/10
~My Star In Heaven~
lil'mommakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

no pressure, but I think I've been being contractions (bh). Either it's b/c this is baby #4 and my body is just super achy or I'm having lots of BH's that last a while! I was starting to wonder tonight how normal it was for me to be feeling this way.

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:26 PM   #5
chello
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm definitely having braxton hicks, and I've got some pressure, but nearly as much as you've described.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:33 PM   #6
palsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Could be a bladder infection or UTI. I would tell MW about the pressure.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:21 AM   #7
yella12
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies. I had some definite contractions last night. 4 low menstrual cramps 3 minutes apart and then finally fell asleep. I just feel like a Mack truck hit my belly today. I'm going to call midwife just to double check today.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:43 AM   #8
CokeLover
Registered Users
seller

I have been having tons of BH the last couple weeks Plus now I am having lots of pressure. I think my body is starting to think I am due soon as I am measuring 44 weeks now This whole thing is starting to take a tole on my body so I have been resting and making sure my OB knows what is going on. I think if they are making you worry let your MW know
Old 08-20-2010, 05:46 AM   #9
Adamsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had an episode like this about a week ago. I told DH it felt like early labor ... contractions were coming very steadily with slight pressure but definately mildly painful (unlike my normal bh) and they were low and would wrap around to my back. I went to bed and even felt them while lying down and in the morning they kept going for maybe another hour and then stopped. I have no idea what was going on. I've never had PTL and being only 25 weeks -- I would have called if they had kept going or got more painful. (ETA: I'm measuring about 30 weeks now)
Old 08-20-2010, 07:30 AM   #10
annb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes. I had some really painful pressure and I figured it was gas or something, I don't know. I ended up going to the hospital because of the pain and then I was having contractions too as the pressure eased up. They did some tests to check for infections and stuff, but I guess they didn't find anything, and since by the time I got there I was a little dehydrated, they figured that's what it was. But I've been having lots of contractions the last couple nights. So anyway, yep, going through that too. I have a history of very fast labors so even though I'm planning a homebirth, if I really don't know if I'm in labor or not I need to head to the hospital just in case, since it's way too early for a homebirth. My first sign of labor with my last birth was it felt like there was a head in my back and a bit more of a sense of urgency than normal. OH, yea, that's what they tell you about in birthing classes. The baby was born 1.5 hours after that.