Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2010, 07:49 AM   #11
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Pressure/contractions? Lasting 6 hours today...

My Dr says any contractions closer than 10 mins, painful and/or lasting longer than a minute warrant a call. I had some that were every 8-10 min apart for a few hours a couple of weeks ago and the Dr was worried but let me stay at home and rest and drink lots of fluids.

Advertisement

Old 08-20-2010, 11:07 AM   #12
annb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcgh View Post
My Dr says any contractions closer than 10 mins, painful and/or lasting longer than a minute warrant a call. I had some that were every 8-10 min apart for a few hours a couple of weeks ago and the Dr was worried but let me stay at home and rest and drink lots of fluids.
I'd be having to call your doctor every day!
Old 08-20-2010, 11:30 AM   #13
yella12
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well the midwife said to take 2-3 calcium magnesium pills every few hours and page her if it doesn't go away. Otherwise id have to go in to be monitored. Today is better but still pressure and soreness and nauseaous(?). You would think the third time id know what the heck is going on!!??
Old 08-20-2010, 12:10 PM   #14
alishamommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm having quite a bit of pressure today too. I think the baby is sitting really low and I'm trying to pick up toys/ vacuum the entire house so that's probably adding to the discomfort.
I've had some bh contractions too but nothing crazy like that.
Rest up mama

I'm just a , , , kinda momma -- and I wouldn't have it any other way
alishamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #15
.sweetdreams.
Registered Users

My Mood:

Its funny because I actually came online to look this very same problem up. I had this happen to me starting late Thursday night and on and off since.

I have a drs appt monday so I plan on telling them about when I go. the only reason I didnt call when it happened (and since) is because eventually they let up and they didnt get more painful or closer together.

I actually thought i was in PTL and was pretty upset at first but I calmed myself down, drink alot of water, and walked. I knew if they went away with walking and the water then I wasnt in RL. Eventually I laid down and went to sleep. I woke up relieved that the intense pressure was gone (though I still had the mildy painful contractions). Then the pressure came BACK an hour later! went away again eventually, etc. Like a pattern.

I couldnt put my finger on WHEN (at what piont\stage) I felt this pressure\cramping in my previous pregnancies, but i knew I had and it was familiar. It actually felt like I was dilating at pionts. The pressure was way intense. The contractions were way more painful then any BH's I ever had though not as bad at when I was at home in early labor with my last. Kinda inbetween. I am thinking maybe I have a UTI or my body is preparing its self for labor earlier than usual?

I know dehydration can cause cramping\contractions as well. So I am upping my water intake for sure. I'm glad other people have had the same thing happen because it makes me feel better that I am not alone.
.sweetdreams. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #16
yella12
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I actually went in last night after 5 short contractions in 30minutes because they thought maybe a uti but all is well. I think I have been dehydrated and doing too
Much. My dh took the kids out all day and I've been laying around and haven't had any more pressure. Good
Luck with everyone else in this boat!
Old 08-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #17
annb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had to call in last night because I was having more than 6 contractions in an hour (12 an hour at one point) but finally when the dr. on call called me back they were starting to let up. They checked for a UTI when I went to the hosp. last week, and I've been drinking good ever since, but he told me to drink a quart of water. Well, I'd already drank a big glass of water and that was half the reason I was having contractions...getting up to pee every 5 minutes and all that water was just shaking things up down there! I'm trying to take it easy again today so I don't have to go in before my appointment on Mon. morning.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #18
annb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I went into the doctor this morning. Apparently the hospital must have lost all the labs they ordered when I was in there a week ago Friday. My doctor did a fetal fibronectin test today, and we'll have the results tomorrow. I wasn't dialated when I was at the hospital, but now I am 1 cm. My doctor isn't panicking and neither am I, but I hope baby stays in and I don't have to be in labor every night until November.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:55 AM   #19
howmanykids
Registered Users

My Mood:

hang in there! I've only checked myself, but I am already 1.5 fingertips! YIKES! hope the test comes back great! for me, any time i have more than 6 an hour, I am back on my butt, not doing anything until they quit...its REALLY aggravating, but i know its WAY better than full bed rest!!! i just took care of the kids, did some vacuuming and laundry, and had a bunch of them, so now i'm on our front porch resting, but they are still coming, so, into the house i go to eat and put my feet all the way up!! let us know how you all are doing!

Katie, Wife to my WONDERFUL Hubby, Roger, (7/01/06) SAHM to Christopher (7/25/07) and to Patrick (3/3/09), and Little Miss Maggie Jo (10/3/2010)
howmanykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:11 PM   #20
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Keeping my FX that it gets better and it doesn't last until November!!!