Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2010, 05:31 PM   #31
.sweetdreams.
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Pressure/contractions? Lasting 6 hours today...

thanks its just been really rough for me this time around. I can deal with feeling horrible if I know the baby is doing OK but then I also have two daughters who I feel are getting the shaft because I am not able to do as much as before. Nor am I able to get as much done around the house which makes me feel like a bum. My husband keeps reassuring me and he is such a huge help but he works alot. I am taking everything day by day right now.

I'll def keep updated with whats going on. My next U\S is this friday and I am really excitied to see this baby again and see if it really is a girl or not. I have decided to not worry about anything turning negative and just be postive and assume all is well. I think thats the best thing for me to do instead of worrying myself to death.

Advertisement

Stephanie Wife to Tom(3\18\06) ,SAHM to Sarah(5\10\06) and Julianna(3\16\09)Expecting Baby#3 (11\24\10)
.sweetdreams. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:34 AM   #32
howmanykids
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just had contractions again last night...from 130 in the afternoon, until around 10 pm that night. they lasted about a minute each, and were HARD. at one point, they never completely quit in between each one, so i just timed the peaks, and they ranged from every 2-5 minutes. my tummy now feels so sore....that kind of sore you get from working out after not working out for long time. kind of has my hubby and i stressed. My next appt is thurs. hope they can tell me something.

I"m so jealous you get another u/s! Way to stay positive..i agree, thats the best way if you can manage it!

Katie, Wife to my WONDERFUL Hubby, Roger, (7/01/06) SAHM to Christopher (7/25/07) and to Patrick (3/3/09), and Little Miss Maggie Jo (10/3/2010)
howmanykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:38 AM   #33
CokeLover
Registered Users
seller

Katie I was having contractions last night while trying to sleep They were really making me unhappy!! I do not want another early baby ( although last time I was induced) it is not fun. My next appt isn't until next friday but if I keep having them I will be calling my OB. I hope they stay away for a while for the both of us!
Old 09-01-2010, 01:18 PM   #34
.sweetdreams.
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have been having contractions again as well with the really bad intense pressure. I was told intense pressure down there could mean the baby is head down? My U\S & Appt is this friday so I plan on mentioning it and getting checked if they offer again this time. I'm going to ask first if it matters if i am dilating before they do check though. I know at the end of pregnancy, it doesnt matter because being dilated doesnt mean someone will go into labor right away and not being dilated doesnt mean they wont go into labor soon. But I have no clue if dilating at 28wks means anything?

Thanks Katie I'm excitied about the ultrasound this friday. I cant wait to see how the baby is doing. It will be more reassuring for me.
Stephanie Wife to Tom(3\18\06) ,SAHM to Sarah(5\10\06) and Julianna(3\16\09)Expecting Baby#3 (11\24\10)
Old 09-03-2010, 11:39 AM   #35
howmanykids
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had my appt yesterday. He wanted to check to make sure i wasn't dialted or effaced....I was NOT dilated but I am getting soft (not a shocker for being 30 weeks...) he also ordered a cervical u/s to make sure that i'm not dilating from the inside. they checked the length of my cervix. they said 3cm is when they begin to get concerned, and i was still a 5!!! so, basically, they think the contractions are caused by the tumor. looks like they aren't doing too much of anything right now but, they cautioned me, that could change. so, i just keep doing what i'm doing....when i have 6 an hour, i HAVE to lay down and drink 3 glasses of water. basically, get them to stop at all costs. they said that the u/s is only accurate for 2 weeks....so, in other words, all we really know is that i won;t have the baby in the next 2 weeks...i'm just thankful that i'm not dilated. i was really worried that i was. i also started to have LOTs of pressure when i go potty or squat down to pick up toys...totally normal, i think for me, based on my last 2 pregnancies.

my dr. told me before he checked me that if I'm dilated, or my cervix is shortening, then we will "take some action and change some things" I don't know if that meant meds or bed rest, but either way, glad i don't have to find out! My dr. is NOT a huge fan of bed rest b/c he says taht there really aren't a whole lot GOOD research on it...he goes by trial periods..if you're on BR and quit contractions..great, it works for you! But if you still have them..its not going ot help any.

kind of tangent there..sorry...
Steph~ can't wait to hear how you u/s went today!

Katie, Wife to my WONDERFUL Hubby, Roger, (7/01/06) SAHM to Christopher (7/25/07) and to Patrick (3/3/09), and Little Miss Maggie Jo (10/3/2010)
howmanykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #36
.sweetdreams.
Registered Users

My Mood:

soo glad everything went well Katie! =) I didnt get checked at my appt but I was told that since I was having contractions often again that I need to put my feet up more and drink more water. She said I cant drink enough water with this humid weather. I was told to call if I have 8 in an hours time.

My ultrasound went great =) Baby is almost 3lbs! Fluid levels were good, babys organs were wonderful, shes right on average with size. Shes also def. a girl they said

I failed my glucose test So now I have the 3hr scheduled this coming friday, blah! my Blood pressure was also extremely low because of the beta blocker. So now I have to watch for fainting and all because of it she said. If it doesnt improve then they said they are going to montior it more closely. She didnt go into details what that entailed though.

All in all I felt like it was a great appiontment because she's doing well and the U\S tech said her growth is excellent and not to worry =) As for me, well, I TRY to rest but with a 4yr old and 17 mon old, its kinda hard! lol

I hope you dont dilate and those contractions stay away! Crossing my fingers for ya!
Old 09-06-2010, 07:22 PM   #37
Circe
Registered Users
seller

Stephanie--hang in there! I'm not on any meds, but this is my 2nd post-chemo baby (DH had cancer). With my youngest son, my obs had never dealt with a post-chemo natural pregnancy and were really freaked out, which in turn freaked me out. I got sent for all kinds of tests and u/s, which all showed that Nolan was completely healthy. This time, they weren't worried at all, except for my age.

Circe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #38
.sweetdreams.
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circe View Post
Stephanie--hang in there! I'm not on any meds, but this is my 2nd post-chemo baby (DH had cancer). With my youngest son, my obs had never dealt with a post-chemo natural pregnancy and were really freaked out, which in turn freaked me out. I got sent for all kinds of tests and u/s, which all showed that Nolan was completely healthy. This time, they weren't worried at all, except for my age.
Thanks =) Its so exhausting sometimes with all the visits and trying to keep postive. Its nice to have others who understand how I'm feeling.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #39
jakeandpeytonsmom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sweetdreams. View Post
I'm on a Beta blocker, Propranolol. I was sent to a neurologist for severe miagraines because they started with the pregnancy and were severe. Vomiting all the time, no weight gain, couldnt even go outside in the light and heat, was bothered by smells,lights,sounds,touch, etc. I was miserable but also in pain and was told the pain is actually worse because without the meds it would raise my blood pressure and also cause me to start contracting. I was told that another beta blocker is used all the time in pregnancies for women who start contracting early to stop their contractions. But the one I am on is rarely ever used. My neuro has been doing his pratice for 30yrs and said he never had a case as bad as mine where he had to prescribe Propranolol even though he heard of it. My OB office had to look up guidelines and future testing precedures because they have never dealt with someone being on that beta blocker either. I have to be montiored for the babys growth and heartrate stabilty with NSTS every week and U\S every 4wks starting next week(28wks).

Needless to say, DH and I were stressed and worried. I felt extremely selfish as well that I am on these meds which can possibly harm our baby. Our last appt was far more reassuring though which really lifted my mood. The dr said these are all just precautions and alot of women with pregnancy related hypertenison and diabetes who take insulin are going through the same testing. It doesnt ness. mean preterm labor. The testing is to catch and stop that from happening. Its just that I feel extremely lonely not having anyone else to talk to who is on the same meds. I cant seem to find much online that is more informative or has other women on this specific med

I will say that being on this site helps alot because so many women share their stories and have diffrent issues they are going through. It makes me remember to stay postive and feel blessed that at least my babys health is doing well right now, even if I am not. alot of people are going through so much worse situations right now and it puts things in prespective for me.
im on beta blockers. a different one than you.
jakeandpeytonsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:18 PM   #40
annb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm still having a fair amount of contractions, but not so many all at once. I've been dialated 1 cm for 3 weeks. My doctor is pretty laid back about it, especially with the negative fetal fibronectin (I need to call for my results on the one from Fri) and hasn't given me any restrictions as to what I can or can't do, so we actually got to have some fun taking the kids a couple places this weekend.