Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-19-2010, 07:21 PM   #1
Esthersmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help me find a house!

We are moving to Houston in last week sept/first week october. I have been looking on trulia, craigslist but not having great luck! We have to do it at a distance, so I can't actually go and drive around neighbourhoods and look!

So... perhaps you have driven past somewhere or know of a good place to rent??

Here are my specifications:

Single Family Home is first choice but will consider townhome, maybe duplex.

Would prefer 3 bedrooms at least.

A yard would be preferable, even a small one or it must be near to a good public park that I can walk to.

Pasadena, Pearland, Sugarland... general South Houston kinda area?

Erm... MAX $1000 a month

Any chance of finding this house ladies? Have you seen it????

Advertisement

Rosie, English born and bred, Wife to Josh, Mama to her all American daughters, the delightful little lady Esther Rose (April 06) , Sweet cuddly monkey Rachel (August 08) and sweet little Joel Athanasius (Nov 2010)
Esthersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
karaintx
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me find a house!

maybe a townhome or condo?
we rented a 1500 sq ft condo for 1200 a month so for 1000 you might not be able to find something in the best of neighborhoods, unless you live kinda farther out of the houston city limits. we moved northwards about 4 mos ago. bought a house, but my sister rents a 2/2 and pays 700.00 a month. i find that in bigger cities i would rather pay for security and the such for piece of mind.

check har.com
that's where we found our house. there is a rental section too and you should be able to specify everything. GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
Esthersmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh wow, I guess Houston is a lot more expensive that Fort Worth!
Rosie, English born and bred, Wife to Josh, Mama to her all American daughters, the delightful little lady Esther Rose (April 06) , Sweet cuddly monkey Rachel (August 08) and sweet little Joel Athanasius (Nov 2010)
Old 08-19-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esthersmommy View Post
We are moving to Houston in last week sept/first week october. I have been looking on trulia, craigslist but not having great luck! We have to do it at a distance, so I can't actually go and drive around neighbourhoods and look!

So... perhaps you have driven past somewhere or know of a good place to rent??

Here are my specifications:

Single Family Home is first choice but will consider townhome, maybe duplex.

Would prefer 3 bedrooms at least.

A yard would be preferable, even a small one or it must be near to a good public park that I can walk to.

Pasadena, Pearland, Sugarland... general South Houston kinda area?

Erm... MAX $1000 a month

Any chance of finding this house ladies? Have you seen it????
when you find an address; copy/paste it into google map; this will allow you to do a 360 of your neighbors are such. Google earth is about 3yrs old (based on where our garbage can is when you view our house )
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
cboytitan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a friend that is a realtor - house flipper in that area - I'll send you a link to his website. I've known him for YEARS.

cboytitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:12 PM   #6
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:

The house across the street from us and the one next door are for sale if that could possibly be an option for you guys. They are both 3 bedroom houses with yards. The one next door is a foreclosure and the one across the street is owned by a single guy with a short attention span . We are in Pearland. I would recommend staying away from the west side of Pearland because that area has grown so rapidly that the traffic is terrible most of the time. Good luck finding something!
monica-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:39 PM   #7
Esthersmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica-m View Post
The house across the street from us and the one next door are for sale if that could possibly be an option for you guys. They are both 3 bedroom houses with yards. The one next door is a foreclosure and the one across the street is owned by a single guy with a short attention span . We are in Pearland. I would recommend staying away from the west side of Pearland because that area has grown so rapidly that the traffic is terrible most of the time. Good luck finding something!
Thank you! I wish we could buy, but we are not planning in staying in the US long enough to make buying a house worth while

If you drive by any rental properties, let me know! We will be down there 9-12 September looking for homes and visiting midwives.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:49 PM   #8
kktegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Try www.HAR.com it's the Houston Area Realtors website, they have a rental section, good luck!!
kktegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:06 PM   #9
Esthersmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, so we were looking at the areas I listed because we were told they were the best traffic wise/time wise for getting to downtown/montrose (were DH will be working). BUT... when I search there, I just get nasty looking shacks for under 1200, but when I go out to suburbs to the west and north, I am finding some amazing houses.

So... my question is, what is the drive like from say, Katy or Spring? We've been advised against those areas due to traffic, but I am starting to not care so much.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:19 PM   #10
cboytitan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would recomend Katy over Spring - mainly b/c they have completed the highway out to Katy (I-10). In rush hour it'd take about an hour or so; I'd think it'd be closer to hr and half from Spring.

cboytitan is offline   Reply With Quote